• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Legend of Zelda Fan Club V 2.0

JBCBlank

Satanist to the core.
Years
Oi..... No cierto no cierto!

DarkLink was not born in OoT.

he was the original final boss in the Original Legend of Zelda. He was first born-ed back then.

If you don't believe me, we call in the expert... where is Triforce?!

Does anybody know?

I'm not going to go look for him.

really I'm not.

~JBCBlank

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
Uh, I wouldn't know. XD I haven't played any of the earlier games, so I have to be lead by fanart and fan-info. :3
But like, I said, I wouldn't mind seeing Dark Link as the main character, develloping some character and personality. He'd be helping Link because he can't do it. :o Got ill or something...

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
You're right and wrong at the same time. What we identify as Dark Link is actually three different characters. This concept debuted in The Adventure of Link with "Link's Shadow". In Ocarina of Time we met "Dark Link". And, Four Swords Adventures features "Shadow Link"

But, Dark Link is the common name for all three (plus other similar things in the OoA and TP). And, he is called Dark Link in the Smash Bros. series.

I don't think a game about Dark Link would be a good idea. He isn't really a character. Just a shadow. A dark reflection of Link. He represents what Link could be, but isn't.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
Thanks for the information. :3

Yeah, well, perhaps as a bit game thing, no. But it could do well for a story or a manga for DLink's story. IF (the big If, I'm assuming things and making things up here, and making my fangirly mind run wild) he was created to be Link's shadow, and nothing more, he could start revolting against his fate and such~
I can dream, right? XD

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Anyone forget that we can always have an outlaw game but with dark link terrorizing hyrule and in the end it succumbs to his hands?! yes i am a fan of evil winning in a gam for once and your the to help it idea.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Bleaugh. Well, the new Zelda has been in production for TWO YEARS. That's like, 2 lifetimes for any other game. It's bound to be good.

Imagine a futuristic Zelda. Not as in 21st century, just bopping up the time a little. So we have a little thing called electricity.

Anyways, what do you guys thing OO stand for? I mean, were the article writers being sarcastic when they said what it meant, because I myself have no clue.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Uh the OO is there i think to just give it the air of mystery like to hide it although its obvious that its LoZ. Or we could be wrong and they will make a new series like Legend of Zuul. Nah just joking of course its zelda i mean you got woods towers temples and houses!

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 30, 2016
Bleaugh. Well, the new Zelda has been in production for TWO YEARS. That's like, 2 lifetimes for any other game. It's bound to be good.

Imagine a futuristic Zelda. Not as in 21st century, just bopping up the time a little. So we have a little thing called electricity.

Anyways, what do you guys thing OO stand for? I mean, were the article writers being sarcastic when they said what it meant, because I myself have no clue.

You mean like in the industrial revolution? That would be pretty cool if executed right.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Nah i like the medival theme and everything. Anyway i thought of something. The digest mode would only play out for a certain area and such right? Well think of this. Only the main quest would be shown not secrets and such and likewise for the hint system. So in a way with the hint system or digest mode the game will be very linear and seem dull. So in a way nitnendo might try to draw in the casuals but lose em all at once. Irony is sweet at doing justice. I mean you diont go trying to caz up what cant be cazzed.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Here's why all of these changes would be good for the series...

We love this series, but how many here haven't finished all the games they have because they find it to hard? (me with The Adventure of Link). Heck, Eiji Aonuma who is currently overseeing the series didn't complete the first three titles because he found them too hard. He didn't like them.

Think back to when you first played a Zelda game. For me with the original LoZ and then with LA I would play and I couldn't even get to the first dungeon. XD I was little and it was hard. I would return to the games much later and love them, but for the longest time these would be sitting on my shelf collecting dust. Wouldn't it be better to have these games be more accessible to casual players, young gamers, and new players to the series all while keeping the experience identical to what we've known and love (although, hopefully a little more difficult) for the rest us.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Yes yes and yes. Now that you think of it(although i am majorly in favor of this but i dont sound it) you mad all the points toi make it sound perfect. As i said my first zelda was OoT. I play it when i was 10 and i couldnt freaking get passed volgia. But with a hint system i could. Actually i could either way i was just stupid to realise that once you hit him with the hammer you have to slash away XD

Kagara

Years
Yes yes and yes. Now that you think of it(although i am majorly in favor of this but i dont sound it) you mad all the points toi make it sound perfect. As i said my first zelda was OoT. I play it when i was 10 and i couldnt freaking get passed volgia. But with a hint system i could. Actually i could either way i was just stupid to realise that once you hit him with the hammer you have to slash away XD
I wouldn't of minded a hint or two for the Water Temple, it took me ages to get past there because I kept getting lost and confused. Eventually, I ended up just wondering around, trying to find the right rooms.

Gunners

wants Arsenal to pwm everyone!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 3, 2009
The water temple in TP was similar everywhere i went.

I hope the boss fights in the new Zelda will be good.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Im sorry but i was wrong. Its not the most evil. In TP for me out of the 3 starting temple(woods lava caves underwater temples oh my!)it has to be goron mines and the lava pits of doom. Combine it with some bad jumping and your streak of no death is gone.
Yeah gunner the plan was go through the symmetrical sides open the one water floom then go the other side and open the other one. Also i opened one without getting the hookshot first. Now question. Is it possible to get that chest or is it very hard? If i remember correctly its the one in the east.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Mostly about how hard the water temple always is and how perfection=new system shigeru patented. Also we missed something. In the patent it talked about a wireless motion device and its add-on. Motion+ comes to mind for me. And also it seems you can send friends your playthroughs. Now guys if this comesa out and is LoZ and i come here bringing zips with .sav files then its me handing out my saves to watch how much fail i am. XD

JBCBlank

Satanist to the core.
Years
Guh the water temple. took me an hour to get threw the first time... then it took me three hours the next time.... i don't know how that happened XD.

I love every single Zelda game. They're just the best!!!

But you know, a game if we wanted to us Shadow/Dark Link, a good game would be where Link splits into the two, Shadow and light. and in that realm, you can choose between the two and fight depending on the attributes of either one. That I think would be the best way. Or they could make a costume change option where Link can put on a black Tunic for some reason. XD.

~JBCBlank

Gunners

wants Arsenal to pwm everyone!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 3, 2009
Yeah i'm thinking of motion plus too. What i liked about the water temple was the staircase moving around though it did get a bit confusing after a bit.

Back