• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
The attack didn't miss, but it didn't really 'hit' either. Ace took the hit, but avoided most of the damage by running with the current. he let it push him back until he was out of range. Que Johto battle theme. Ace turned back around to face Yaibe and charged him jaws open wide. sand was pouring out of his mouth, but this wasn't sand attack. it was a storm. the smaller rubble from the pit began to get sucked into the twisting pillar of sand until it was more rock then sand.

"You're really not bad at this, but I always keep my plans going after their finished." Isaac taunted.

Ace's sand storm now filled the field. Just to finish things of Ace continued on ready to bite down on Yaibe.

"one qustion. why is everyone here so into halloween?" Isaac asked otu of the blue.

the holiday meant near nothing to him, so he wondered why it did to so many others.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

Kilik Chambers

Water Gun had barely hit Ace. It was a ground type weak against water, but it got lucky. Going with the current like that, it's genius. "You're really not bad at this, but I always keep my plans going after their finished." Isaac said. Kilik will just take that as a compliment. Ace now started spreading the field with much...sand? It was Sand Storm. It was always annoying getting hit by the sand. Ace continued on ready to bite down on Yaibe.

"one qustion. why is everyone here so into halloween?" Will answer that later.

"Yaibe! Uppercut Ace with Razor Shell!" Kilik ordered. As Ace came to chomp on Yaibe, he took the chance to fill his shell with water around it & sliced it upwards towards Ace, right under his jaw. This should put him in track.

Now to answer Isaac's question. "It's just a fun holiday where you get to dress up as whatever you want." Kilik took a look around for a minute. "Hey. Where's the girl who wanted to battle us earlier?" He kept look around a bit but still focusing on the battle. (In this case, Kat.)

Last edited:

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
"shes in a tree." Isaac replied calmly, he had an odd habit of paying attention to random stuff like that.

Right as Yaibe unleashed razor blade Ace bite down on Yaibe's head. When Yaibe's attack hit them they both went flyng backwards into the pit where the sandstorm raged even more.

"well I can't see anything. Kilik you have a visual?" Isaac asked nnot knowing where the two pokemon were.

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
Years
(OOC: I hope Vincent and Calnith's laying low for a while is an ok way of jumping back in.)

Vincent Xackford Luna:

Vincet had dropped off the grid for a bit when it came to doing things around the school. He just stayed either in class or in his room not really venturing out much. His Pokemon however wanted to roam out and battle but Vince advised against it. He hadn't been the same after everything that happened in the forest and blown over. Vince right now though need some excitment so now he was going to go see what was going on.

<Hey Vince I'm glad we're actually getting out and about today!> Shade, Vince's Zorua, exclaimed as he laid on his trainers head like always. The Zorua was glad to be out and about and really wanted to get into a Pokemon battle.

Once Vincent got outside the school he released his Charizard from his pokeball and then Vincent rubbed the Charizards head as Blitz lowered his head to his trainer. Blitz then spreaded his wings and let out a roar and let out a small Flamethrower.

"Let's go for a ride," Vincent said softly as he hopped onto his Charizard's back and then took off into the air. He wasn't exactly sure where he was going but knew that he had to go somewhere.

Calnith Sol NeverWind:

Calnith hadn't really stired up much trouble lately like he would normally. Team Rocket hadn't bothered him neither did anyone else, he wondered what the other students were up to. Calnith was walking thourhout the school with his Murkrow perched on his right shoulder. He was heading outside when he felt the ground began to shake which made NightWing start to freak out.

"It's alright NightWing calm down," Calnith said as he gently grabbed hold of his Murkrow and gently petted his head. He then put his Murkrow back on his right shoulder as he wondered where all that shaking was coming from. He released Colossus from its pokeball and then sat on the large steel pokemon as it then floated through the air over to where the shaking orginated from.

"Oh so a pokemon battle had happened over here," He said as he saw Kilik and Isaac duel it out. He laughed a bit, they both look like inferior fighters to him and probably wouldn't give him much of a challenge. When it had ended Calnith sighed he wanted to see more of the fight but the fun had to end some time. He figured now he would head up into the mountains to train or something.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years

Valorie Ryder

Valorie shifted in her costume, getting comfortable. She was surprised to learn that Mark already had plans, but supposed that was just Halloween for you. Looking up at him she smiled brightly, pleased with the compliment.

"Thanks..! There's a shop in Oak Town that sells them."

Glancing at Dragonite briefly, whom looked back at Valorie blankly waiting to see what was going to happen, Valorie began to formulate an idea as to what she could do with the remainder of her day. Something had occured to her. There were two places on the island reported to have unusual hauntings, Lugia Dorm being one of them. Perhaps they were connected...?

"Well, I think I'm going to go exploring. Maybe one of the teachers will be giving out rare candies!"

Valorie seemed excited about the prospect. It was totally her, always looking for a way to get stronger. She had left out the part about her exploration taking place in a certain forbidden forest. She needed to prove to herself and to others that she was brave...even though she was in fact generally scared of ghosts. She paused a moment.

"Well... they say you learn more from losing than from winning, generally."

And there she went, giving advice she herself would've resented had the positions been reversed. The irony didn't seem to occur to her, or if it did she didn't care.

Olivia Wolf

GIMME YER MONEY KID

Olivia walked along without bringing anything up. Rather, she began to hum the tune of an unknown song to herself, seemingly uconcerned with any awkwardness this lay or lay not generate for Kenshin... or for amyone really. Though, since people here were not obnoxious as heck they felt no desire to stop and stare at the girl humming as she walked. Olivia abruptly stopped humming when she thought she heard the sound of pokemon fighting, beginning to listen in to see if she couldn't find out more.

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2012
Annalise had to admit that she was just a little flustered out of the sudden act of courtesy and the modifier to her name. The taller teen managed to put the slightest tint of red on her cheeks and she was forced to break eye contact. "W-Well then...I'm u-uh glad that I could help."

That was what had been in her mind. She had a knack for being perceptive and she had a knack for being helpful. She had the best education her small island could have given her, and a passionate love of the likes of books. Still, Lugia Dorm? She'd heard of it in passing, but never in detail, something about its minute descriptions she attained had quickly allowed her to label it under 'Top 10 Places To Never Go To'.

Her thoughts were quickly jarred back to the present as he asked her about her companion. That was right! She needed to feed this one! Her posture shifted just a tad bit, one foot in front of the other, her arms clasped behind her back as she looked down to her tiny partner. "Hm? Elizabeth? She's probably my best friend here, even if she apparently gets lost easy." It was a playful jab at the girl, but a jab nonetheless.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
"Exploring huh? I'd love to tag along with ya. Gotta make up for the one time I did a no-show when we planned to go to the Volcano right?" Mark said, remembering that time he got mixed up with the Pichu kidnapping incident. Despite all thats happened, Mark was still willing to explore. Trouble tended to follow alot of his friends though... He still wasn't sure if the recent incidents were natural or caused by someone or something...

"I may go exploring sometime after Halloween myself. I need to find a 6th team member after all." Mark said. He took in what Val said about learning from mistakes. Mark himself had said that several times and he hadn't forgotten it. Still, he had a lot of learning to do..

"I hear ya Val. But after all those loses sometimes you can't help but feel like taking action. You start to get this mindset that you stink at battling or something like that... considering how one of those losses turned out but that's a story for another time." Mark said, referring to his encounter with Sel.

"I think after I find a 6th team member, I'm going to find someone to help tutor me. Teach me what I'm doing wrong and teach me how I can make all of my Pokemon work well together as a team ya know? I think I can get something to really work... Maybe they just haven't reach the potential and just need a little bit more training. I just got to take a different approach..." Mark paused.

"Say Val? How do you usually train you pokemon? You seem to take really good care of them and so far you've been great in battles. Heck I'd go as far to say your one of the best trainers in this school." Mark said with a playful laugh.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

Kilik Chambers

(OoC: I meant Razor Shell. ^^;; Mistake of mine. Gomendasai!)

In a tree? Now why would that back? She seemed to be hiding in that tree, but it was dark at night & she seemed to be wearing dark clothes. Not so easy to see her.

Both Yaibe & Ace had attacked each other with their own attack, but they both fell into the pit, the sandstorm. It was more fierce there. How was Kilik suppose to see where they were? "well I can't see anything. Kilik you have a visual?" Isaac asked. Looks like he was having trouble seeing too.

"I'm trying." Kilik answered squinting his eyes to get a better view. This wouldn't be good. How would Yaibe fair against the sandstorm? Then, a spray of water came from inside, going above. That's Yaibe's Water Gun. He's signaling where he was! Nice tactic. "Alright Yaibe! See if you can locate Ace & use Razor Shell!" Kilik called out.

Yaibe was looking for Ace with his shell ready. Once he saw Ace (If he was able to locate him), he covered his shell with water & threw it like a boomerang at Ace. Kilik & Ace have been working on making the shell like a boomerang since they first started their journey in Unova, & so far it was working like a charm. This was garunteed not to miss.

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2020
Zachary looked up into the horizon as he finally laid his eyes on the Pokemon Academy from the deck of the ship he was on. He stretched his arms in the air and looked over to see his Cyndaquil, Flare and Solosis, Sylo playing together.

"Alright guys, we're almost their!" Zachary exclaimed

Flare then ran up to Zachary and made a large leap and landed on his head Sylo also started to fly around Zach in excitement.

When they finally got closer to the island, it was gigantic compared to pictures he's seen of it. Once they got to the docks Zach quickly ran off the boat with Flare still on his head and Sylo floating above him. Zach had no idea what to do first.

"Isn't this place amazing guys? Zach asked his pokemon

Flare was so pumped up an amazing blaze of fire started to shoot out of his back. Sylo was also spinning in circles around Zach as fast as he could. Zach began to run deeper into the island then stopped when he was out of breath. As he was gasping for air he looked up to see a sign pointing an arrow towards a path leading Oak Town. Zach shrugged and decided to fallow it.

As he fallowed the path he finally reached Oak Town. Once he entered he saw trainers, shops, pokemon, and much more.

Zach grinned as he knew he was going to really enjoy his stay here, but then he realized he doesn't even have a map of this place. He doesn't know where he's staying, how to get there, or if anyone even knows he's here. He then began to look around town, completely lost hoping he could find another sign pointing to a dorm or something.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Alice Crenshaw

Alice raised her left eyebrow when the people she greeted didn't respond. Perhaps they didn't hear her. But then she heard them planning to explore. She looked down, and looked...a bit worried, as if she was trying very hard to make a decision.

"Should I jump in? Or shouldn't I?" she thought, "I mean...I wanna make new friends...but I don't wanna be a liability."

Jello looked at Alice, sensing her emotions. He was...used to it, in a way, as this was not the first time he saw Alice this way.

"Do it. Go ahead." Jello said telepathically, and Alice looked back at him. She had this insecure look in her eyes, but seconds after that she nodded and looked at the girl in the Dratini costume.

"Hi! I'm Alice!" she said, speaking in a louder voice tone than before.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
"thanks Yaibe. we owe you. You just made this twice as easy. FAINT ATTACK!" Isaac commaned.

Ace just vanished into the sand. He was already easily out of Yaibe's veiw and was already sneaking up behind. He waited there still invisible to the naked eye. Yaibe had given it's position away. the wet sand would drop faster and with a nasty plop. Ace just followed that and sat waiting silent as ever. The sandstorm would ware Yaibe down. then... WHAM!

Ace leapt out his maw a gaping jagged shape. He crunched down on Yaibe from behind.

(faint attack is a 100% hit. also count three turns of sandstorm. you're call still.)

Dragonkat

The Winged Wolf
Years
I stared at the battlefield "Man, I do not want to fight that guy! He seems like he has this battle all figured out. What do you think Star?" Star shivered and called out "Um! Eon!" I jumped out from the tree to get a closer look at the battle and stepped a little too far.

Psy grabbed my wrist so I wouldn't interfere with the battle going on. I blushed slightly and stepped back to the tree. Star shook her head and laughed quietly at me. I said "Shut up Star! Just watch the battle." She laughed again and walked away. "Don't be gone long. We might need you for a battle." Star waved her tail at me and walked towards the other battle going on.

Star looked at the other trainers and sat down a little ways away from the battling Pokemon.

Dawn

Years
(I'll get to Valorie and Olivia when Bassiroth posts.)

Elizabeth

Takumi spoke with in an extremely... flowery fashion. The inevitable happened and Elizabeth became confused. Between her paranoia that words meant things other than what she thought they did and her actual lack of understanding she was rather prone to this. Most of the problems resulted from Takumi using words in situations that just didn't make sense to her or could mean more than one thing to her, as she was not good at guessing which way someone meant something. Once again, language, it evolves over time and that whole flowery think Takumi is actually very recent.

For instance, when he asked Anna the name of her companion he was clearly not asking Elizabeth herself. Yet, she didn't understand this. To her, the notion that he'd be asking someone else what her name was was extremely confusing. Anna spoke up for her and she just sort of shifted her gaze downwards, frustrated as she attempted to catch up with the conversation. It didn't take her long at all to pick up on the fact that Anna was talking about her since her name was mentioned. Even in her confusion she managed to pick up on the term best friend. It honestly wasn't a term she heard in her own time, but she understood what it meant fine. She found herself looking up at Anna with a bemused expression on her face at the compliment. The notion that she got lost often didn't even come off as teasing to her because it was...kind of the truth.

Turning her gaze up at the fist of the north star Takumi she attempted a smile and failed, winding up just looking a bit awkward. Yet, it was not an angry or upset awkward so much as standard awkwardness. Normally her facial expression would be partially hidden behind the scarf she didn't seem to mind wearing indoors, yet once again she was looking up and thus her full facial expression was visible.

"Good hello!"

...As opposed to a bad hello. That was Elizabeth attempting to speak to Takumi in a way she thought he'd understand. It was some abomination of both their languages that honestly probably sounded awkward to everyone ever. Also yes, she totally thinks Takumi doesn't understand normal English.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
N

Zoroark just reeled back at the sound of two voices coming from the kid at once. What was up with that.

N raised an eyebrow at the child as well. No pokemon, and at the same time the child speaks in two different voices. Peculiar. Peculiarly interesting.

"I'm fine. Any clue how you ended up here?"

Kenshin Ren

She seemed to have a very nice musical humming voice about her. In some ways she was sorta beginning to make Kenshin feel a little bit better about being around her that he started walking a little closer to her, until he was eventually walking right next to her. ". . . Nice song."

After a bit of walking with her he asked, ". . . Do you. . . know how long till we find the pokemon center?"

Granted when she stopped Kenshin was begining to hear the sound of the pokemon battles as well but. . . well he was hoping they wouldn't end up in another battle.

Takumi Ryuuhiko

Takumi held back a chuckle when Annalise had blushed at him. Probably his mannerisms? Somehow he had an interesting effect on some girls but. . . he didn't pay too much attention to what it was about him that makes that happen. He honestly just thought he was behaving as a normal person should.

Anna had now introduced him to the girl named Elizabeth. She seemed. . . different compared to the others he had seen at the academy. It probably also had something to do with the way she greeted him. Now he gave a bow similar to the one he had given to Anna before he spoke, "A pleasure to meet you as well Madame Elizabeth. If I may be so bold, I would recommend getting a map to keep yourself from getting lost in the Academy."

He stood back up and straightened his back before looking to Anna. "Madame Ashford, if you would permit me, may I ask what subject you were both looking into here?"

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Chapter 1.4: The "R" Men

Remember, Kiyoko!
A Peek Into The Past...

~The "R" Men~

"I'm fine. Any clue how you ended up here?"

They were both giving him an odd look, but he continued. His soft purple eyes deepened slightly in worry. I-if they find out, I might get in trouble... he thought quietly. He spoke again, and just like before, it echoed once more. "Walookoo 'la' ohtohkoh-tahchee wah kahkahreemashta. Wahtahshee wah mizoo no nahkah deh ehsookepoo, sohshte eemah wahtahshee wah kohkoh nee eeroo yoh..." and N and Zoroark hear "The bad 'R' men took me. I escaped in the water, and now I'm here..." His eyes widened when he realized what he said. Had he said too much?

Kiyoko almost subconsciously took a step back. Would they capture him too? Maybe they were "R" men in disguise, maybe they had followed him here, maybe they were tricking him into trusting them so that they could run tests on him! Kiyoko looked near a panic attack, but then he turned and slowly walked up to the Zoroark, looking straight up at him, his eyes softening with comfort. This Zoroark doesn't look abused... So he couldn't be an "R" man... Kiyoko seemed to relax near the Zoroark, and asked him a few questions. Echoing, once more. "Ahnahta noh nahmaeh desskah? Ahnahta noh nehnrehee wah nahnee desskah?" and "What is your name? How old are you?"

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

Kilik Chambers

(OoC: Did my Razor Shell boomerang even hit? P.S. The costume Kat is wearing is cute! *little blush*)

"thanks Yaibe. we owe you. You just made this twice as easy. FAINT ATTACK!" That wasn't good. It was hard to see the battle inside the sandstorm. How was Kilik gonna do this? He was under pressure now, his weakness. What to do? Yaibe suddenly got bit behind. He winced his face, started running around from the sudden pain.

Double Team wouldn't work. He would just get hit by Faint Attack no matter what. "Yaibe! Spin around with Water Gun!" Kilik commanded. Yaibe, hoping not to lose since he loved battles, squirted water around him while spinning, creating a swirl-like whirlpool. The area around Yaibe now, Ace could get hit on any side if he came close to Yaibe, plus Yaibe would spray water at Ace with pressure.

As this went on, Kilik took a look at the tree again. The girl was off, but what was she wearing? Kilik squinted his eyes to get a better look. She seemed to be wearing some black clothes with long ears. She was wearing an Umbreon costume wasn't she. Maybe after this battle Kilik will wear his own costume on his next battle. He focused back on the battle at hand.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
(you left it out there. "If he was able to locate him" i used an attack that put me out of your view, and behind you so unless the bomerang went behind Yaibe then no, it did miss.)

Ace whent flying off as soon as Yaibe started to spin. He was tossed into the pit wall and out of the range of the water gun...barely.

"Your oshawatt seriously is tougher then I thought." Isaac admited for once out of ideas.

He paced back and forth. Ace did the same below. they were sizing up Yaibe. trying to know how to take him down. Yaibe was now soakign the field. the pit was begingin to get covered in a layer of mud and wet sand.

"...great now I need to give Ace a bath." I said seeing my trapnich rolling around in the mud.

I didn't even realize what he was really doing. afte getting thuroughly covered in mud Ace blasted a couple of sand attacks comoflouging him within the still going sand storm.

(give the storm two or so more turns.)

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Rosalyn

Rosalyn smiled softly to herself as she exited her room at the Academy. She had just arrived and after making sure all of her things where in order the blonde haired girl decided now was the time to explore the academy. She stepped out of the building and into the sunlight and smiled happily "time to find a nice spot to draw" she thought excitedly. She put her shoulder bag on her shoulders making sure she had her Pokemon with her and took of walking down a path leading away from the academy.

Rosalyn wasn't paying attention to where she was going, she was just watching the sky seeing the few clouds above her and the sun against the deep blue. She giggled to herself and kept walking until she nearly tripped over something in the path. Looking at the ground she saw a tree root. "a forest, this is perfect, great place for drawings and I could find some cool Pokemon" she muttered to herself and walked into the trees letting out a small cry when her left foot went into water. "a swamp" she complained trying to clean off her white shoe to no success "that's just great!" she sighed and kept walking glad she had more shoes back in her room to replace the pair that was now ruined beyond repair.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

Kilik Chambers

"Your oshawatt seriously is tougher then I thought." Isaac complimented. Always be aware of the Pokemon's strength. Ace was covering himself with mud & Sand-Attack. Was it camouflaging itself?

"Yaibe! Spray the mud with Water Gun!" Kilik called out. Yaibe remembered where Ace was earlier, but he obviously went to a different spot. In any case, he shot Water Gun at any mud he saw. Sooner or later, Yaibe would be able to find Ace & spray him with his water. His weakness was water. When was he gonna faint from weakness?

Dawn

Years

Valorie Ryder​

Valorie found a light blush coming to her cheeks. Mark had... suggested that she was one of the best trainers in the school. She honestly... hadn't really thought of that. Yeah, she'd managed to beat Lance at the dance, but she and everyone else knew he had been holding back by quite a margin. Before the dance she'd been humiliated by bullies and after it she'd been struggling with N. She... honestly didn't think she was strong enough. POWER! I NEED MORE POWER ...But in all seriousness. She really did have a strong desire for more power. She wouldn't be satisfied until nothing could stand up to her, and let's face it, she was right to be a bit modest.

"T-Thanks.... I was thinking of--"

Valorie vaguely noticed a Zorua running around near her and had her attention drawn. This was not remotely surprising because this was one of the apparently many on the island. xP The offered handshake was lost on her though... Dominique would notice that she was wearing a dratini costume a boy had just helped her finish putting on and no longer had accessible arms or legs.

Valorie couldn't help but wonder what the boy meant. A pokemon running around outside hardly seemed like a prank to her. She decided not to pay it much mind though. Rather, she deigned to acknowledge him, after briefly glancing at Mark. Huh, he hadn't asked for Mark's name. She did not immediately think anything of this.

"I'm Valorie!--That's Charizard."

Charizard abruptly turned her head at the mention of her name, looking a bit tired. Belly drum took a lot out of it's user. She snorted, releasing a puff of black smoke from her nose before returning her attention to what was apparently intensely interesting grass.

Meanwhile, Valorie once again had her attention drawn, this time by another girl. This one's name was apparently Alice!

"Hey. I'm Valorie--This is Mark."

She gestured with her gaze towards Mark.

"I guess we were about to go exploring..."

She seemed rather uncomfortable all of a sudden. She hadn't really wanted anyone to come with her. Technically speaking, the dead forest, like Lugia Dorm, was a place forbidden by students. Only Dead Forest was forbidden not just by staff, but by the /actual police/. She was not unaware of this. Supposedly someone dangerous was hiding in the forest? She hadn't heard about how Gary Oak had flushed said person out recently. But then again... she also hadn't heard about the escape, which had occurred in almost no time at all as evidenced by it's presence in the news.

Olivia Wolf​

Olivia just sort of glanced at Kenshin, somewhat confused, since they'd been there earlier. It didn't take them long to reach the pokemon center... Screw rewriting my post.

Last edited:
Back