• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Looping music

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 27, 2014
Hi, I just joined this forum because of a question I have. I've been messing around with trying to get music to loop properly with the beginning, experimenting with the Team Plasma battle which I've split into the intro segment and the looping segment.
A quick search brought up the somewhat reliable method of using a ME, which should play through and then automatically switch to the battle music.
I experimented in a default RPGXP game and it worked, albeit with a brief pause. However, the same technique doesn't work in Essentials.
I'm not very clever with coding, but I get the feeling that something in the battle coding that was changed for Essentials makes a ME stop before starting a battle, and I was wondering if anyone had any idea how I could remedy this? Thank you for your time!

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
I do believe all looping would be done in an audio creating program, such as Anvil Studio or FL Studio.

Not to do with RPG Maker.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 27, 2014
I do believe all looping would be done in an audio creating program, such as Anvil Studio or FL Studio.

Not to do with RPG Maker.

Except the method of doing so would involve either downgrading my music to a MIDI or using an OGG, which doesn't work in XP anyway.

The looping works just fine, as long as I'm fine with it missing the beginning part. I'm not, however; the introductory part is important to me and I'm trying to get it to work, but it seems the method of doing so I found won't quite work in Essentials as it is :(

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
I think .MIDI and .OGG work in RPGXP.
Since all the default songs are MIDI's and all the defualt SE/BS are .OGG as well.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 27, 2014
I think .MIDI and .OGG work in RPGXP.
Since all the default songs are MIDI's and all the defualt SE/BS are .OGG as well.

Yes, MIDI and OGG files work just fine. The OGG just doesn't have the same looping functions it has in RPGVX.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Yes, MIDI and OGG files work just fine. The OGG just doesn't have the same looping functions it has in RPGVX.

Like I said before, You have to add the loop yourself in a MIDI/OGG editor, that's how the Enterbrain crew did it for RPG Makers.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 27, 2014
Like I said before, You have to add the loop yourself in a MIDI/OGG editor, that's how the Enterbrain crew did it for RPG Makers.

what I'm saying is that's exactly what I did; that function isn't supported by RPGXP. In other words, even after properly editing the .OGG, it didn't loop properly in RPGXP.

I'm not using MIDIs because I don't like the drop in quality it brings.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Alrighty then.

I just don't thing there is a script used in essentials for this.
Maruno would be best to ask.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 27, 2014
Alrighty then.

I just don't thing there is a script used in essentials for this.
Maruno would be best to ask.

well see there already IS a method that works fairly well EXCEPT in Essentials so SOMETHING was changed that keeps it from working.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
You should ask Maruno.
He's the current Developer for Essentials, and did all the major script changes for the last few updates.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
I don't know anything about audio/music, and I've never fiddled with the scripts related to them (except to change the default volume). Whatever happened was before my time.

well see there already IS a method that works fairly well EXCEPT in Essentials so SOMETHING was changed that keeps it from working.
You're not actually telling us what that method is or where to find it, so we really can't be expected to help you with it.

Trying having a look at this tutorial to see if it helps. Please also report back about it, because if it does work well, I might add it to Essentials.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 27, 2014
I don't know anything about audio/music, and I've never fiddled with the scripts related to them (except to change the default volume). Whatever happened was before my time.

You're not actually telling us what that method is or where to find it, so we really can't be expected to help you with it.

Trying having a look at this tutorial to see if it helps. Please also report back about it, because if it does work well, I might add it to Essentials.

The method was what i mentioned:
A quick search brought up the somewhat reliable method of using a ME, which should play through and then automatically switch to the battle music.
I'm sorry that I wasn't clear on that. It was that I would start with a Music Effect right before beginning the battle, which would then lead into the actual battle music.

Anyway, the script brought up an error when I first tried to use it, with something I assume linked to the original battle system. I edited the part out, but it still doesn't read the looping tags in the OGG or let me use the other method mentioned effectively.

Years
There are ways of making MP3s, OGG etc files to loop in RPG MAKER XP.
Google 'RPG MAKER XP FMOD', one of my friends showed me an example of this... but have no idea if it does works. Technically he claimed it does work.
Maybe you should give FMOD a go :)
Good luck <3

*Note: Sorry if I might have broken a rule. But I though maybe it was a nice tip to give :3 (last reply was from Tuesday 30th April)

Back