• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Gameshark?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raptor

Just playing ;)
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 21, 2004
This maby will sound stupid but whats a gameshark?

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2003
I think it's some kind of catridge that can hold other game boy cartridges and filters messages to do anything possible in the game :O

knives

I R Intelligentz
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2006
a game shark is..........

CHEisCOOL said:
I think it's some kind of catridge that can hold other game boy cartridges and filters messages to do anything possible in the game :O

A gameshark is using number and letter codes to enhance gameplay:

*see deoxy and jerachi codes by me*

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2003
knives said:
A gameshark is using number and letter codes to enhance gameplay:

*see deoxy and jerachi codes by me*
I'm not sure why you quoted me there, but, the filters/'codes' might look like that because they are probably encrypted so people can't steal them. I guess it would hook the sockets or whatever between the catridge and the gameboy to read and write messages, packets or what not.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
It's simply a device that hooks to your cart to allow you to cheat by entering codes.

Years
Using a GameShark = saying to the world, "I CAN'T PLAY VIDEO GAMES FOR SQUAT SO I'M GOING TO CHEAT MY WAY TO VICTORY AND BRAG ABOUT MY ALMIGHTY MAD SKILLS!"

Stay away.

Naito

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
Using a GameShark = saying to the world, "I CAN'T PLAY VIDEO GAMES FOR SQUAT SO I'M GOING TO CHEAT MY WAY TO VICTORY AND BRAG ABOUT MY ALMIGHTY MAD SKILLS!"

Stay away.

Depends on the use of a GameShark. I primarily use mine to get events, because I'm not going to PCNYPd (Pokemon Center New York) just to go get a legendary. Plus I'm not going to buy Ranger for a Manaphy. And my WiFi isn't working.

Anyways, a GameShark is where you edit the game by entering codes and they enhance your gameplay to a higher level. Like how there's codes to get 999 Rare Candy, or like infinite Master Balls (shame on you if you actually use that).

Years
Depends on the use of a GameShark. I primarily use mine to get events, because I'm not going to PCNYPd (Pokemon Center New York) just to go get a legendary. Plus I'm not going to buy Ranger for a Manaphy. And my WiFi isn't working.

When last I looked, cheating was cheating, regardless of motive. If you wanted a Manaphy without having to buy Pokémon Ranger, you should have gone to the Toys 'R' Us event. If you wanted an event Pokémon, you should have either gone to New York or done without.

Da Kid J3

Its Da Kid
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2010
hmmm spend a $250 in cash to go to new york to get mew or 20 for bucks game shark across the street : ) i mean most people (by that i mean 1 or two ppl) who use game shark dont even hack for the rare candies i mean you could have every pokemon except for the event pokemon and i am not going all the way to japan for them so only one more option

P.S. im not talking about diamond and pearl

Espreon

Lord of the Nagas
Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2011
hmmm spend a $250 in cash to go to new york to get mew or 20 for bucks game shark across the street : ) i mean most people (by that i mean 1 or two ppl) who use game shark dont even hack for the rare candies i mean you could have every pokemon except for the event pokemon and i am not going all the way to japan for them so only one more option

P.S. im not talking about diamond and pearl

Well these days if you have a couple of shinies (Like how I started out) and a couple events (Like how I started, Nintendo for twice came to me! I don't live in NY, I just happen to live 45 mins from King of Prussia Mall and I live close to a Toys R Us) your collection will grow enormously (Like mine did) and you can pretty much get any event Poke you want. So in my world "Gameshark" or "AR" is simply a joke.

Last edited:

Da Kid J3

Its Da Kid
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2010
Yes but i live in the small town of coalgate with population just over 2,000 so i dont think nintnedo is coming by my place that where GS comes in.

Espreon

Lord of the Nagas
Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2011
Yes but i live in the small town of coalgate with population just over 2,000 so i dont think nintnedo is coming by my place that where GS comes in.

Well guess what? My town is not that famous either. I had to travel 45 mins to get my Celebi (And wait an additional 30 minutes in line). But Mew was easy as I only had to take a 5-10 min stroll to Toys R Us, (I was 3rd in line and 3rd to get to the event. All I had to to was wake up early on a Saturday, which is the day a lot of people sleep in). So Nintendo came to me once and came near me once.

Years
hmmm spend a $250 in cash to go to new york to get mew or 20 for bucks game shark across the street

Or $0 to go without. You forgot about that, or simply didn't think about it.

Cheating is cheating, regardless of motive. I don't care what your reason is, you have no respect from me if you so much as buy a GameShark.

Da Kid J3

Its Da Kid
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2010
okay i DO NOT OWN A GAME SHARK nor will i ever.
1.becuse i play football wayyy to much to be messin with stuff like dat
2.i dont like cheating eathier.
im just saying for people who do not have the oportunity to go to a nintendo event and do not have access to WiFi could use one to get the Event pokemon which i myself have never gotten.Before i was on this forums i was a big part of a xbl halo 3 forums who number 2 rule was "No cheating Modding'or standbying of any sort" so im all for the no cheating thing.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 12, 2015
missingnoresearcher, do not revive threads over a month old, let alone topics that haven't been posted in for over 4 years. =\

~Closed~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back