• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Starter Pokémon

Pick a starter.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

~cleaskulty~

It's contagious
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2015
I really like Chespin, but Fennekin is adorable, too... so I'm going to go with one of those two. I'll probably decide when I see their evolutions. :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2023
Froakie..... rarely choose a water type and this frog seems to be quite the laugh so why not? hah

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Fennekin. It looks like Vulpix, but drawn in the more recent Gens' style. Plus it has 3 stages so'll probably end up a bit tougher than Ninetales.

But more importantly, they surely can't turn it into a Fire / Fighting pokémon, right? Foxes aren't that sort of a creature (Although they are horrendously violent). Fire / Dark, maybe, but not fighting thankfully.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Fennekin. It looks like Vulpix, but drawn in the more recent Gens' style. Plus it has 3 stages so'll probably end up a bit tougher than Ninetales.

But more importantly, they surely can't turn it into a Fire / Fighting pokémon, right? Foxes aren't that sort of a creature (Although they are horrendously violent). Fire / Dark, maybe, but not fighting thankfully.

Just cause she's based on a fox doesn't mean she won't be Fire/Fighting. Gamefreak can BS any reason into making it as they want. We have 4 quadrupedal fighting types now as well so even if she were to remain on all fours there is still the possibility of a repeat.

Based on looks of the base form, She could end up pure fire, but some Pokemon have drastic changes so its nearly impossible to claim what the evolution's type will be by the first form alone.

Also...Even with possibility of better stats, if done wrong, or if given bad moves (Going the Flareon Route) she probably won't be used more than Ninetales and will be pushed a side as a "rip off". Froakie has this possibility as well what with 2 Water Frog lines existing previously. Fighting or Ground give it a possibility of being considered a rip off of either Poli's or Seismitoad's lines.

Fennekin may not leave NU as the Non-Fire/Fighting Starters seem to be cursed with mediocrity compared to the three most complained about Starters (typing).

Chespin has the most potential out of the three. Increases ever so much if he is Grass/Rock which I'm pretty much hoping for. Still won't win over my Starter Pokemon position as that will always be Froakie for my initial play through. Chespin is a definite choice for second play through.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
For all we know they could give fighting to all three of the starters final evolutions. I'm hoping Fennekin is as fast as either Infernape or Blaziken as Emboar was too slow for my liking.

bashau

Distinct Phantom
Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2022
Most probably Fennekin however there is slight chance that I'll choose Chespin
(but either way this only second time when i have liked all three starters)

Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2013
I fell in love with Chespin the moment I saw him. I like my Pokémon to look sturdy. I do like Fighting types so I'm hoping for a double Fighting/Grass type. That would really knock out those Psychic types. The frog doesn't look strong at all (by the way shouldn't it be a grass type?!).
Fennekin looks a bit like a high-maintenance girl, not really my type of Pokémon. :p

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I can't Decide! Look at these adorable Animations! I want ALL 3!
Spoiler:

Aren't these just the best!

I like froakie, but clauncher is very exciting. Chespin is cool, but so is gogoat. I like Fennekin more than the other fire types shown, but I expect most people to choose Fennekin.

Who would be the least picked?

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
Years
Fennekin looks badass man enough said close the door no comment.

Actually wait I'm a fire fan but please note no bias was included just look at it its gawjous!

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
I can't Decide! Look at these adorable Animations! I want ALL 3!
Spoiler:

Aren't these just the best!

I like froakie, but clauncher is very exciting. Chespin is cool, but so is gogoat. I like Fennekin more than the other fire types shown, but I expect most people to choose Fennekin.

Who would be the least picked?

Honestly I thought Fennekin is the worst starter and didn't really understand why everybody was going crazy over it. But that animation makes it understandable :P I hope GF pushes it's evolutions to be 'proper' but edgy at the same time, like in the animation. If that makes sense.

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2013
If true, a final evolution of Fennekin combining both fire and psychic would be pretty amazing. However, I am really intrigued by Chespin ending in a grass/dark combo. I wish we could see the final evolutions already!

Years
  • Age 24
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 21, 2017
I hope Froakie will end up water/poison, seeing as frogs IRL that are that color are poisonous. I don't think there's been a starter that's been part poison (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) and I think poison is underrated. Personally, Fennekin is my favorite. I love fire types and she reminds me of Vulpix and Ninetales, who are two of my favorite Pokemon. I don't have a 3DS, but if I get X or Y, I'll definitely be choosing Fennekin.

blue

gucci
Years
These starters are becoming increasingly harder to choose from! Definitely the best set since Generation III with Treecko, Torchic & Mudkip.

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
I'm choosing Chespin with the hope that evolves into Grass/Dark. I don't understand why everyone is freaking out over Fennekin. It isn't the first Fire Fox Pokemon...remember Vulpix? I hated all the starters at first but, they've grown on me. I like them all. But, Dark type is my favorite, so I'm hoping that's what we get from Chespin.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
I'm choosing Chespin with the hope that evolves into Grass/Dark. I don't understand why everyone is freaking out over Fennekin. It isn't the first Fire Fox Pokemon...remember Vulpix? I hated all the starters at first but, they've grown on me. I like them all. But, Dark type is my favorite, so I'm hoping that's what we get from Chespin.

But it's the first Fennec fox we get.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
The problem with Charizard and Typhlosion is that they are not Fighting Type. If they were, ALL 5 Fire Starters would have the EXACT same type. What a wasted opportunity to troll fans.

Consider that the only Non-Fire-Fight Starters are Charizard and Typhlosion, who share IDENTICAL base stats in all stats. This causes Fire Starters to have very little variety.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I usually pick the Fire Starter in every Gen, but this time i feel like giving my least favorite type a chance: the Grass Starter. Not only does Chespin look awesome, im really excited to see what his evolutions will look like!! Grass/Dark would be pretty cool, but im personally hoping for Grass/Rock :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back