• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Or fear Rattata. Endeavor IS a normal type move after all...and so is Quick Attack. lol

Also I love how this:

The title is so outdated omg. :x

was posted while I was still away. >:o

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2018
I have a thought that I am calling the Hometown Challenge.

The general idea is that you would pick a town or city in Pokemon game and you are limited to using the Pokemon that can be caught on the routes immediately next to the selected town plus the pokemon that the gym leader of that town uses.

There are then two flavors of the challenge. If you are playing in the same region as the hometown, or a region where the hometown's pokemon can be easily caught, then you hack or trade in one pokemon from the hometown and catch the rest normally as you encounter them in game.

If you play the challenge in a region where your pokemon are not available, say in Black or White with a previous generation hometown, then you may trade over a team of six hometown pokemon but are limited to using those six.

HM slaves would be allowed.

I like the idea because you can scale the difficulty based on which town and region you pick while allowing for variety in the team.

What do you think?

Years
That sounds like a neat challenge, though I wouldn't be surprised if most people pick either Cerulean, Saffron, Mauville, or Jubilife since they each have four adjacent routes (although Jubilife doesn't have a Gym).

And speaking of Saffron, since one would be allowed to use the Pokemon used by the Gym Leader in the selected city, would the Fighting Dojo Master's (as the dojo was the city's gym until Sabrina beat them prior to the events of Generation I) Pokemon be allowed to be used?

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
I have an idea for a challenge similar to Sydian's The Favorite Challenge.

First you state your overall favorite Pokemon, and obviously what game you'll do the challenge on, be it legendary or not for legendary status doesn't matter for this challenge. Then the next poster would give you a team of six pokemon based off the individual traits of your favorite pokemon. Please note that if you give the team,obviously keeping within the bounds of the game's generation then you must also do the challenge so state your favorite pokemon under the team. This would continue like so. You are allowed one Legendary and hacking in pokemon would be allowed if the pokemon is unavailable in your game before Route 1.

Let's say that I listed my favorite Pokemon as Lucario and I decide to play on Emerald. The next poster could say that Lucario is based off of a Jackal which is a canine so I get Absol. The same person could tell me that I get Aggron and Hariyama because Lucario is a Fighting/Steel Type. Then he or she could say that Lucario is blue so I get a Golduck. Next it could be reasoned that I would get a Gardevoir because Lucario senses Aura and fights with it. Aura is unseen by most and so is Psychic energy. Next Lucario has a vaguely humanoid shape so I could get Blaziken.

I think that I read a challenge similar to this but I can't remember if I did or not.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Sounds interesting, Roen. Could work rather well. Also, I hope everyone that participated in the Christmas challenge got their emblem. I missed some sign ups while I was away and really didn't feel like sifting through the thread for the latest sign ups since I had last updated the list. -sigh-

11wildy

Me!
Years
I kinda feel like postponing the normal challenge, since I already did a normal monotype on Heartgold before D: I will look for another game that'll be fun to do it on, or if anybody has another difficult challenge that can be combined with monotype, I'm here to see your suggestions!

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Roen's challenge sort of reminds me of the trainer personality examination. I think that's what challenge I'm thinking of.... Could be something else. IDK LEAVE ME ALONE.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2018
That sounds like a neat challenge, though I wouldn't be surprised if most people pick either Cerulean, Saffron, Mauville, or Jubilife since they each have four adjacent routes (although Jubilife doesn't have a Gym).

Well if people want to pick the easy towns, that is their choice, but greater bragging rights will go to those picking the tougher towns.

And speaking of Saffron, since one would be allowed to use the Pokemon used by the Gym Leader in the selected city, would the Fighting Dojo Master's (as the dojo was the city's gym until Sabrina beat them prior to the events of Generation I) Pokemon be allowed to be used?

I would say no simply because if we have to keep track of every special NPC in a city it will get too complex pretty quick.

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
Roen's challenge sort of reminds me of the trainer personality examination. I think that's what challenge I'm thinking of.... Could be something else. IDK LEAVE ME ALONE.

The Trainer Personality Examination is based off a quiz however.

pokedude123456

The Manectric Master
Years
a new challenge

idk if this already exists, but you have to use one of every of the e4 in that game

for example
if i were doind pearl, i would pick:
beautifly(aaron)
quagsire(bertha)
infernape(flint)
alakazam(lucian)
garchomp(cynthia)

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
idk if this already exists, but you have to use one of every of the e4 in that game

for example
if i were doind pearl, i would pick:
beautifly(aaron)
quagsire(bertha)
infernape(flint)
alakazam(lucian)
garchomp(cynthia)
Even if that existed, it's too limited. You might be able to do one with all elite four members ever, but not for just one game.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Well if people want to pick the easy towns, that is their choice, but greater bragging rights will go to those picking the tougher towns.

I would say no simply because if we have to keep track of every special NPC in a city it will get too complex pretty quick.
Meh, every challenge has that though. There are certainly monotypes that are harder than others, as well as solos, etc.

Special NPC's have a lot of Pokemon? I thought there were just like a couple in each game (such as the Slowbro in Cerulean, Poliwrath in Celadon, and a few in Fuchsia.
The Trainer Personality Examination is based off a quiz however.
But am I thinking of the right challenge? They're sort of similar, right?

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019

But am I thinking of the right challenge? They're sort of similar, right?

Sort of in the fact that your team would be based off of something that you put down. The main difference is that multiple answers decides your team of three in Pokemon Black or White and what type of Trainer you are. Also the author gives you the pokemon. While in the one I suggested you get your team of six based off of what you list as your favorite pokemon. The next pokemon decides this based off the traits of your favorite pokemon and not your personality. Also mine isn't B/W exclusive.

11wildy

Me!
Years
LOL, I am doing a monotype normal Metronome only challenge ( I hacked Metronome to have 40 pp) and vs Misty's Staryu I got Blast Burn. Hydro cannon AND Frenzy plant! :D

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2014
I have an idea but I'm not sure if it's been done before.

Go online and take a Pokemon personality test. The first 5 Pokemon you get (and if you can get them in the game) will have to be the ones on your team. If you can't get them until late in the game, then tough - you will need to use your starter Pokemon until you can catch them. You can only catch those Pokemon or Pokemon in those evolution lines.

11wildy

Me!
Years
Those tests have limited solutions, which a few are very common, so you'd be seeing a lot of different teams. Nice to see different challenges coming up though ;D

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Wouldn't you theoretically get the same pokemon over and over since your personality wouldn't change? Also:

LOL, I am doing a monotype normal Metronome only challenge ( I hacked Metronome to have 40 pp) and vs Misty's Staryu I got Blast Burn. Hydro cannon AND Frenzy plant! :D

I was about to try the challenge, but I didn't have the... time. :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back