• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello :D

Years
My name is Addy and I've been playing Pokemon for well over 10 years.The first game I ever played was Pokemon Yellow on a yellow gameboy colour that I received for Christmas one year from my father. I've been playing off and on ever since.

My favourite pokemon are Charmander, and the entire Eeveelution line, Arcanine, Ampharos, Latios, and Vulpix.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
Hi, Addy!

Welcome to the community! Glad to see you're a long-time player of the series. I also started off with the first gameboy that ever came out and have continued on from there.

Charmander, Arcanine, and the Eeveelution line are a few of my favorites, too!

Hope to see you around!

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Welcome to PC Addy! I've playing Pokemon for 7 years. My first game was Pokemon Leaf Green. I suggest you going to the Metal and Color Generation Games by clicking here. My favorite pokemon is Charizard and i like the Eeveelution line too.
Have fun and feel free to VM/PM me!

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Hi there Addy, and Welcome!
I'm Joe, and i started playing pokemon with red version. Charmander was my first pokemon (starting my love for fire types) and i love its evolution line. I actually started off on my Gameboy Colour witch was fine by me.
But anyway, if you have any questions you can contact the mods for answers. If you want anything or need help with anything, i can help, just VM or PM me, or send me a friend request if you want.

Also, if you didnt get my message, i have all 3 starters so if you're ready to trade now, just send me your friend code and i'll be on in a minute! also, what version you want to trade on? (my FC's is in my Signature)

Last edited:
Years
Hey Addy, welcome welcome to the forum yeah! Great to meet you! n~n I adore your avatar, just saying.

Great to have more old-time fans join our ranks; a lot of us are the same way, myself included, though pretty much any kind of fan is welcome here. I've seen people who only got into Pokemon in the fourth or fifth gen! But aha, that's really cute that you played Yellow on a yellow GBC.. very fitting. :3 Yellow was really great and had such awesome sprites compared to R/B. The improvement was just wow and really made the experience that much more enjoyable! I was kind of sad that I couldn't evolve Pikachu though. Probably the only downside, but I guess they wanted to keep it as close to the anime as possible.

Your taste in Pokemon is also pretty good! Since you like Vulpix, that makes me curious if you like Fennekin as well? I find them really similar and at times it almost feels like Fennekin is a fusion or Vulpix and Zorua, to an extent. They're all pretty adorable! Even though Growlithe seems to be a bit better to use in the game, I always find myself picking up Vulpix instead. It's adorable. <3;

Glad to see you've already been posting around though - keep at it! I'm sure you'll have a splendid time here so see you around and contact me whenever if you need any help or just want to chat. :D

Years
The improvement was just wow and really made the experience that much more enjoyable! I was kind of sad that I couldn't evolve Pikachu though.

When my dad bought the GBC for me, he bought me the entire extra stuff pack including the cable needed for trading. My friend made me evolve his pikachu into a raichu. I was very happy with my pikachu though :D

Your taste in Pokemon is also pretty good! Since you like Vulpix, that makes me curious if you like Fennekin as well? I find them really similar and at times it almost feels like Fennekin is a fusion or Vulpix and Zorua, to an extent. They're all pretty adorable! Even though Growlithe seems to be a bit better to use in the game, I always find myself picking up Vulpix instead. It's adorable. <3;

I've always used Vulpix. White 2 was the first time I've used a Growlithe/Arcanine and I was shocked to find how powerful my Growlithe was and how much more powerful it was as an Arcanine. If I had figured out EV training earlier, I wonder how my playthough would have been :D Fennekin seems really cute as well. I'm curious to see it's stats later

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Hi, Addy! Welcome to PC. I love Pokemon Yellow, too, even though my first games would be Ruby-Sapphire-Emerald games. Since you love Eeveelutions, I think you could join Eevee and Eeveelution club here in Pokemon Clubs section. Enjoy your stay here and good day!

Lunar Crescent

I choose you pikachu!
Years
Hey Addy!, glad you joined when you did, i'm new to haha.
How did you find out about PokeCommunity? Did you lurk? I personally lurked for 2 years and then decided to not resist temptation any longer and i registered, what about you? Where do you live?

Years
Hey Addy!, glad you joined when you did, i'm new to haha.
How did you find out about PokeCommunity? Did you lurk? I personally lurked for 2 years and then decided to not resist temptation any longer and i registered, what about you? Where do you live?

I was googling something about one of the pokemon games and it took me to a forum thread here. xD

AoE-Valcar

Whovian
Years
Hiya, Addy! Im new here too, my first pokemon was either Fire Red or Gold (I forget which one i got first). I like most of the eeveelution line, my favorite would have to be Espeon or Glaceon. But my all time facorite pokemon is Suicune because of its beauty and power :3.

Cid

Years
You're a Canadian! And you have an adorable avatar. <3 I hope they also made a Squirtle plushie sketch like what you have there. o3o

But yeah, welcome to PC, Addy! I've also played the games for about the same amount of time as you. :D First game I ever played was also Yellow, so I have fond memories from playing that spectacular game. I'm using an unevolved Pikachu in a competitive battling tourney right now, too, so it brings back even more memories. <3 I envy you for getting a stuff pack though! I could only dream of trading with someone back then, haha. Good thing wireless exists now! :> I mean the franchise has certainly evolved from its old days, pun intended.

You mentioned that you played off and on; I think its something I can relate with, really. Especially when the Gen IV games came. :( Not that the quality degraded at that particular moment, but I guess I just lost interest at an unfortunate time. So before Nathan jumps on me for bashing his beloved generation, I tell you, it was largely coincidental. :p And I got back into the franchise before it ended anyway, lol.

You have amazing selection of favorites, too. Fennekin is adorable. <3 And I love Charmander, the Eeveelutions, and Arcanine (which, like you've realized with your White 2 game, is as cool as the Vulpix line, if not cooler) as well! Since Charmander is your favorite, and Squirtle is mine, it's safe to say that the first gen starters are just unbeatable in that aspect. ;D I'm just kidding, but you agree that they have that unmistakable charm, don't you? :3

Anyway, I sure hope you're having a blast so far! Your welcome thread is really popular, haha. I suppose Google has done it again. We owe a lot to Google for bringing all kinds of people into these parts! Don't forget to message me if you need anything, Addy. I'll try to help as much as I can. Or if you just wanna talk over a cup of coffee, then that's fine too. :D

Back