• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Elite Four Rematches

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
In OR/AS, when you go back to the Pokemon League and re-challenge the Elite Four, the battles are much more challenging than they were the first time around. The E4 members' levels get a big level boost--ranging from level 70 to about level 72. In addition, they get new non-Hoenn native Pokemon on their teams, and one of their Pokemon even Mega Evolves.

How often do you re-challenge the E4? How much more challenging did you find them than the first time? Did it take you a lot of grinding before your team was at a level on par with the E4's rematch teams?

blue

gucci
Years
I found the rematches to be really tough compared to previous battles. It took a while to train up my team to a strong enough level to be on par with the rematches. It is good to see them getting buffed up teams though, something that should be in every game tbh. 8)

Reactions: Sun

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
They're pretty strong and I realize sydney use zoark I was mind tricked by it.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
They're pretty strong and I realize sydney use zoark I was mind tricked by it.

Haha yea, that caught me off guard the first time too! It's such an effective trick because all of his Pokes are Dark types, so all the moves it uses are moves you'd expect the Pokemon it's disguised as to have. And plus if you're not used to the idea of the Hoenn Elite Four having Unova Pokemon, it's easy to fall for it. That was definitely one of my favorite moments in the rematches!

Another of my favorite moments is when Drake's Salamence Mega Evolves, because Mega Salamence is such a cool Pokemon ^_^

Embernight

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 1, 2022
For my first time challenging the Elite Four, I did what I've typically done in the past. Go in with a under-leveled team, have them gain Exp, lose half-way though, repeat until I beat them. I didn't have any good pokemon to use against steel-types, so I caught a Numel for its fire-type moves, trained it a bit, and then evolved in while going up against the Elite 4. It took a few tries, but I eventually made it through.
For my second time challenging them, I made a competitively built mono-dragon-type team and leveled them up to match the Elite 4's Pokemon. I did this so my team would show up in the records on the PC. So it wasn't really all that hard my second time.

Crystal Berry

[span="text-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.12); font
Years
I challenged the Elite Four a lot while level grinding my Pokemon. They're pretty strong but certain level 100s can easily OHKO almost every Pokemon in the elite four so it's not too bad.

ascensionofshadows

Team Legion Infinity
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 8, 2015
I have a lvl 100 haxoris
pretty tough on E4 alone, but I would suggest bringing a couple pokes to revive.
I liked using my level 100 shiny Rayquaza, (flamethrower, ice beam, thunderbolt, & a dragon move) but I had a problem with an angry local erasing my old save on Omega Ruby, (she couldn't beat me, & wanted my shiny metagross)

So now I'm minus alot of good pokes

Last edited by a moderator:

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I've gotten into IV breeding, so I go through the Elite Four a lot to say the least. Once I'm done EV training, I grab my level 100 Krookodile and charge on through with a team of low levels. They get experience, and I get more money and a few more competitive pokemon to add to my collection.

I did find them to be much more challenging on my second time through. I almost lost, but thankfully Krookodile's Moxie helped him snowball through the matches. I don't have much of a problem now, but the level jumps and megas definitely threw me through a loop.

Years
It didn't take a lot of work to get my team level up to the 70s; all I did was turn on the Exp. Share, then battle the trainers at the Resort. I picked up OR again last week for the sole purpose of defeating the rematch teams. I went into the first chamber with a range of 70-74 with everyone holding a Mega Stone and managed to defeat everyone without using any healing items during battle. However, their teams were definitely much tougher with more Pokemon and a Mega present.

Reactions: Sun

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I love the rematches, this is what the classic RS and Emerald were missing. :) I didn't fall for the Zoroark trick, that was because I was expecting the Absol to be sent out as his last Pokémon, due to Absol being as his signature Pokémon and it has the Ability to Mega Evolve! It's the rematches with Serena/Calem and Diantha that made me realized Megas are always the last ones to be sent out. :)

They weren't too difficult for me either, that was because my Pokémon were EV trained from the very beginning of my journey! But I can imagine them swamping my whole team if they weren't trained to begin with!

DarkSkys

Still Alone, Still Alive, Still Unbroken
Years
The only time I rematched them was after the Delta episode for the Mega Evolutions. Haven't been back since, been meaning to though.

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
Years
I always fly over the Pokemon League when I need more money for breeding, haha. So I don't challenge the E4 that often, but the last time I did was pretty recent. I didn't find them challenging at all that time, but during the first re-matches I remember them being a bit difficult. Glacia was the hardest for me, since I have trouble with Hail teams. Blizzard.... yeah >.>

But really, all my Pokemon were Lv100 by the re-match, so it would've been weird if the E4 as a whole was difficult for me at all. I liked they fact that they each had their own Mega Evolution though :-]

Years
I often rematched for grinding Pokemon by using stronger ones and having lower-leveled ones take a backseat and mooch off their EXP, and also earning decent amounts of money as well. It was cool to see all of the Elite Four using a Mega Evolution somewhere, but I give extra credit to Phoebe, Glacia, and Drake for using some of the ones that were new to the game.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
After going through the re-matches twice in a row today in order to level up some of my weaker Pokemon, I have to say that I appreciate the higher levels and how much easier it makes it to level up your lower level Pokemon quickly. Also helpful in that regard is that they have a full team of 6 Pokemon during the rematches. If I go in with a level ~15 Pokemon and turn on the Exp Share, I can usually expect it to be around level 35 or so by the time a beat Steven, which makes life much easier when there's Pokemon I need to train up :)

Back