• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Toxic Team

TigerDan

< He isn't joking Man...
Years
Hi guys, this is my first thread sooo... Anyway, I was looking to make a Toxic/spikes team. I am not really sure on what EVs or Natures I should have. Actually if someone could point me to where I could learn about them that would be appreciated. And one other thing, I would rather use toxic than toxic spikes so that the enemy is badly poisoned. It makes a huge difference in my opinion. So far the Pokemon I have are:

Forretress
Stealth Rock
Spikes
Toxic
Gyro Ball

Venusaur
Energy Ball
Toxic
Venoshock
Earthquake

Scolipede
Poison Jab
X-Scissor
Rock Slide
Toxic

Gengar
Hex
Venoshock
Dark Pulse
Toxic

Muk
Gunk Shot
Brick Break
Payback
Giga Impact

Tentacruel
Hydro Pump
Sludge Wave/Sludge Bomb
Hex
Ice Beam

Items are up for suggestions. I really don't know what choice scarf and whatnot do.

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
Years
This team would annoy the crap outta me because being poison is the most annoying status problem there is! One thing I'll add is, EV's aren't needed for in-game stuff, but unless you want to make your game way too easy, then go for it. But if your were to battle competitively, then EV's are a must. For Tentacruel, given the moves you listed, I'd use Hydro Pump, Sludge Bomb, Hex, and Ice Beam. For Muk, I would remove Giga Impact and replace it with something else, but that's up to you, I'm against moves like that. Mainly because they require you to recharge.

Years
If you set up multiple layers of Toxic Spikes, they become badly poisoned, but regardless.

Forretress
Stealth Rock
Spikes
Toxic
Gyro Ball

I pretty much like this setup.

Venusaur
Energy Ball
Toxic
Venoshock
Earthquake

I would make this guy somewhat bulky, and replace Toxic with Leech Seed. Toxic is great, but you don't need quite so many Pokemon with it.

Scolipede
Poison Jab
X-Scissor
Rock Slide
Toxic

This looks good.

Gengar
Hex
Venoshock
Dark Pulse
Toxic

I would definitely go with Psychic over Toxic for the extra type coverage.

Muk
Gunk Shot
Brick Break
Payback
Giga Impact

I would replace Giga Impact with either Ice Punch or Acid Armor, which makes him even more impossible to kill, at least in-game anyway.

Tentacruel
Hydro Pump
Sludge Wave/Sludge Bomb
Hex
Ice Beam

Surf is better than Hydro Pump because of accuracy issues. You don't need another Hex, so this would be a good Pokemon to use Toxic Spikes on.

I mostly just evaluated for in-game usage, since competetive stuff gets a whole lot more complicated and usually I just make a whole other team for it.

EDIT: This is Pokemon B/W? I'd just really watch out for that Psychic Elite Four user, in-game usually you can do pretty much whatever you like and get away with it, but she will seriously be a real challenge for you. If you can add a Scrafty to your team, that would make a brilliant addition, as it pretty much owns the entire E4 since handedly (perhaps you could use it over Tentacruel). It's dark typing would nullify the dangerous psychic attacks your team will be facing, allowing you to poison your way through the rest of the game. I just love in-game teams for their versatility.

Last edited:

Minishcap

Fecaloma
Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2012
Something like Impish (+Defense -SpA)/Careful (+SpD -SpA) for Forretress, since it doesn't boost much HP.
For Scolipede, without doubt Jolly (+Speed -SpA). Scolipede (which I personally hate facing) is already fast, so why not make sure it is really fast? You've got his weaknesses covered nicely.
For Gengar I'd boost his already great SpA and Speed stats - either Modest (+SpA -Att) or Timid (+Sp -Att) - since Gengar lacks any bulk to withstand too much damage. It would be a waste of nature trying to boost his defenses.
Muk has crappy Speed, and improving crap will still make it crap (just with a cherry on top). For Muk the only thing that speaks is primitive brute force, i.e. an Adamant nature (+Att -SpA) so you can really use your physical movepool. Muk carries enough bulk to withstand going second.
Tentacruel could get a Speed (Timid) or SpA (Modest) boost to really utilize the good Special moves you've got.
Your Venusaur has me wondering. It sports good enough SpA to really utilize Energy Ball and Venoshock, and I think Earthquake in itself packs enough muscle to not really be in need of a Attack boost. I'd say what I always say when I'm in doubt: go for Speed, maybe Naive (+Sp -SpD), Timid (+Sp -Att) or Hasty (+Sp -Def).

Okay that was my highly n00bish thoughts, which I'm sure I'll get hammered for by someone much better at this.

Ofcourse it also depends on what items you are planning to use for each respective.

Back