• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
My muse is really depends on the personality of my character. Generally, I put some part of me in each of my characters, though it may be exaggerated or deleted. Because of this, I feel closer to the character and am much more intone with their actions. Now, really, none of my characters are that much like me, and that's another reason I feel inspired. I love being able to take control of a character and do things I wouldn't do in real life, I love to see how situations will play out depending on the various personalities of the characters I play.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Hm... My muse? I honestly can't say I know how I do it. When I start typing, I assume the role of the character, and gain their personalities, thoughts, and ideals.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
Years
My muse is something which seems to hate me, being filled with inspiration when I have no assignments and then completely vanishing off the face of the earth whenever I need to come up with a story or something for classes. (Hence my reasoning for coming back to the RP community here: to try and get myself back into the habit and create more opportunities for inspiration). Character-wise, however, it depends. With some characters I can get bored very easily, others I love to play these are usually psychopaths or meanie-heads. I tend to get bored more quickly with female or feminine characters despite the fact that I'm a girl myself.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
This is semi-off topic, so I'll spoiler it.

Spoiler:

Though I will say that my other Muse would probably the goal and setting of the RP and my character's ambitions in the aforementioned. I'm driven by what my characters are driven by, and because of this I tend to gravitate toward larger-scale RPs.

Last edited:

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@machomuu: Nnno, being a low level definitely means a pokemon is weak. Untapped potenial is not strength... Also, theory without evidence makes for a rather poor discussion, such as the theory that the four move limit is merely a game mechanic or that move names are human invented. In fact there is slight evidence suggesting that pokemon may understand some degree of 'human language' from hatching. This is mostly in the form of an acknowledgement from Pokemon's creator to the authenticity of the Pokemon Special Manga...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
@machomuu: Nnno, being a low level definitely means a pokemon is weak. Untapped potenial is not strength... Also, theory without evidence makes for a rather poor discussion, such as the theory that the four move limit is merely a game mechanic or that move names are human invented. In fact there is slight evidence suggesting that pokemon may understand some degree of 'human language' from hatching. This is mostly in the form of an acknowledgement from Pokemon's creator to the authenticity of the Pokemon Special Manga...

Sounds like you're trying to make a fact out of something that isn't really facts when it comes to RPing ^^' low level doesn't have to measure strength, rather it can measure experience as in plainly how much a pokémon has experienced and thus how many moves it may know or how close it is to evolving. It's all up to the GM, and to varying degree up to the players.

As for how much / little pokémon understand human language, that is also very relative since some pokémon (in the anime) act mostly like animals while some *coughPikachucough* act like people, doing charades to make their trainer understand and whatnot. In Arcanum, we have one or two player character who understand pokémon language, while the others can only vaguely grasp emotions and general simple needs and wants of their pokémon. I still think that all of this - and all of everything! - is up to the GMs.

If one wants to discuss stuff like this as what is really right or wrong or true or false when it comes to the game canon or anime / manga or something, maybe one should go to another section of PC and do that ;)

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
RHCP-You could say it takes place in medieval times, but their are no Pokemon involved. That reminds me of a new Pokemon game coming out: Pokemon Conquest

Yellow-I'm not answering that topic.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
SD- i know that game :o it's coming out in july in japan, i guess it will reach america in december or something :p just like BW2 (black and white 2)

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
SD- i know that game :o it's coming out in july in japan, i guess it will reach america in december or something :p just like BW2 (black and white 2)
I've played Pokemon X Nobunaga's Ambition (Pokemon Conquest), and it's not bad at all. It's not the best SRPG I've ever played, but it's nowhere near bad. Plus, the game automatically gets points with me for keeping the original names (I love this particular Sengoku Era), though I'm a little sad that Masamune Date isn't in it. I really hope someone makes an RP based off of it or the real Tokugawa vs. Ishida conflict.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
Years
Conquest is next month, for America. Not sure when we're going to get a PAL release, but one has been announced. Pretty sure BW2 are out next month in Japan too, and both US and PAL regions are scheduled to get it sometime during the autumn/ fall.

I wonder if there'll be any Conquest style RPs popping up soon. o:

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
Years
I'd be more inclined to play it first, considering my knowledge of Japanese history is limited to a handful of names, thanks to various manga/ anime series and Civilization IV, not to mention the mechanics of the game.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I'll repost Yellow's topic (since only a few people are replying for some reason) as well as a new topic:

What is your muse? (Your muse is your ability to get into the mindset of and play your character. Aka, your inspiration.) Is your muse different for different characters or RPs?

Also...

Where you you get the names of your characters from? Do you make them up, use the names of characters from existing works, or a mix of both?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Oh my goodness, I suck at naming, to be honest. :( I don't think of the names thoroughly. Whichever pops up in my head, or when I listen to the TV or radio...my mind will grab a name and I'll stick with it. This happened with two of the characters I worked on. Hopefully on the next RP I join I'll think thoroughly on a good name. xD

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
xD Just by saying Pokemon Conquest it's suddenly being talked about! I do hope to get the game. I'm so gonna choose an Eevee!~

I'm not answering Yellow's topic.

machomuu-I tend to mix it up a bit, like names from Initial D, Soul Calibur, Kingdom Hearts, Midnight Maximum Tune etc. Some other names I choose are either english or names in japanese, like Silver & Reiki. I think this is my favorite topic.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
My muse for characters is my personality and that of my friends and family.

As for names, I look up names with certain meanings or just use common names, or that I find interesting.

Also I'm wondering, has anyone ever thought of maybe an X-Men rp?

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
My muse for characters is my personality and that of my friends and family.

As for names, I look up names with certain meanings or just use common names, or that I find interesting.

Also I'm wondering, has anyone ever thought of maybe an X-Men rp?

I've been toying with the idea of a Marvel Civil War RP for a while now, however my own RP, Atlantis Arising, has elements of it that were inspired by X-Men.

However it all depends on when in the X-Men timeline you set it and whether its in the same universe, or something parallel. It also depends on the knowledge of the RPers as well. It would take some work to pull off, but I would definitely be keen to join.

As for my muse, it all really depends on my mood and circumstances. However I like listening to music while I write, drawing inspiration from song lyrics and sounds. Skymin linked me to a site for baby names, which is where I usually get names for, however many of my characters tend to get their names depending on how they act and are rather than just a name. Somehow the name reflects the individual.

Also as a point of interest, how many people actually look at the Roleplay Library?

Usually I'm quite bad with updating it, but Deep Impact did an awesome job of finding finished RPs for people to read, some of them are quite interesting.

If you play as a male, you have to pick Eevee, if you pick a female you play as Jigglypuff (who's pretty freakin' strong).

Guys, this is the ROLEPLAY Discussion thread. Discuss a Pokemon Conquest RP is fine, talking about the game however is off topic; let's keep the discussion on topic.

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

Guys, this is the ROLEPLAY Discussion thread. Discuss a Pokemon Conquest RP is fine, talking about the game however is off topic; let's keep the discussion on topic.
I don't think that a post and a reply is really enough to warrant for a cease-and-desist, now if it were a full blown derail I'd agree, but I don't think this counts.

Not that it matters, there's really not much left to say on the subject.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back