• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen News Discussion Thread [use the threads in forum for new things]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
I thought the last page was the info on the movie? So there is still another page after that?

The official website will update on the 15th with the Coro Coro information like it always does Im sure. I am hoping that the official website will somehow reveal extra stuff to us but I doubt it. Probably just the box art like Coro Coro. I think it's pretty obvious they didn't want it to outshine Pokemon + Nobunaga's ambition since it's release is only a few days away.

Years
Just a little update picture, nothing major no in-game images but a clearer view of Kyurem Black and White.

419193_132417700218490_100003507819799_129848_1460724544_n.jpg

Found this on GCPM11's Facebook page.

What, giancarloparimango11 found those images?

I watch his videos on YouTube.

Images are looking great, love them!

blue

gucci
Years
別の色だと思ったか!?
今度は「2」だ!前作とはまったく違う衝撃ストーリーと新機能がキミを待ってるぜ!

"You thought it was just a different colour?
This time it is '2′, an utterly different story full of impact and new features are waiting for you!"

An all new story.

~ I know it's been seen already but these games just got a lot more interesting! Although it doesn't say new region so it could still be based in Unova.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
別の色だと思ったか!?
今度は「2」だ!前作とはまったく違う衝撃ストーリーと新機能がキミを待ってるぜ!

"You thought it was just a different colour?
This time it is '2′, an utterly different story full of impact and new features are waiting for you!"

An all new story.

~ I know it's been seen already but these games just got a lot more interesting! Although it doesn't say new region so it could still be based in Unova.

I know, i'm pretty pumped that they have finally established what the two stands for to put those naysayers to rest, though you know there's one stubborn person out there who's afraid of change that will still deny that these are sequels, hahaha.

I wish they would have at least gave us a small hint to work with on what the region is going to be though.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020

blackbox.jpg
whitebox.jpg

Clearer images of the cover art makes Kaori excited!

Honestly the cover art for Black 2 is just way better, who doesn't love that shade of blue! I've had enough of the box art though, can we at least see the back? :B

blue

gucci
Years

blackbox.jpg
whitebox.jpg

Honestly the cover art for Black 2 is just way better, who doesn't love that shade of blue! I've had enough of the box art though, can we at least see the back? :B

To me the Black is still better looking but I like the White box art more than I did, these both look great!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh hey I just noticed they have different positions than their actual art.

...they look 10x more awesome, and Black 2's box still looks amazing. Want. ;__;

Agreed with Kaori though, back gogogo.

Also just posting Black 2's in full proper size so I can stare at it whenever I want.

cover_B2.png

AND: Why do those electrical cables appear now? In the original images (aka the home site: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/b2w2/?a001=msign & original: http://pokebeach.com/news/0212/pokemon-black-white-2.gif) they never appeared with the blue/red cables, now they suddenly do. Was the original just a beta thing or what?

Last edited:

Cello

Tonight!
Years

blackbox.jpg
whitebox.jpg

I agree completely, the Black 2 art is just flat-out amazing. The black background with blue lightning just works really well.
Though I do like the White 2 case, just not as much as Black 2! :D

Oh hey I just noticed they have different positions than their actual art.

...they look 10x more awesome, and Black 2's box still looks amazing. Want. ;__;

Agreed with Kaori though, back gogogo.

Also just posting Black 2's in full proper size so I can stare at it whenever I want.

cover_B2.png

AND: Why do those electrical cables appear now? In the original images (aka the home site: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/b2w2/?a001=msign & original: http://pokebeach.com/news/0212/pokemon-black-white-2.gif) they never appeared with the blue/red cables, now they suddenly do. Was the original just a beta thing or what?

Oh cool, they updated the sites with them!
I mentioned the reason behind the cables in one of my posts above. Apparently according to translators the version with cables are called "Overdrive mode Black/White Kyurem."
I imagine it's what happens when you make them angry. You won't like them when their angry.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh yeah I remember skimming over that, but what I'm wondering is, why are the cable versions the only ones up NOW - and why did they have the other ones at first which are now MYSTERIOUSLY GONE?

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Oh yeah I remember skimming over that, but what I'm wondering is, why are the cable versions the only ones up NOW - and why did they have the other ones at first which are now MYSTERIOUSLY GONE?

Ah I see, sorry for misunderstanding, I just woke up and I've yet to sip on some coffee. :<

Their website is evolving!... Nah, but it is a bit curious that they changed the Black/White Kyurem on the site.... Perhaps it means we're nearing some information being released on the official website?

Seriously, GAMEFREAK, we need something. You can't just reveal a new game to us and leave us hanging for a month and a half. :P

I wish Serebii would go ahead and get his issue of CoroCoro so they can finish translating the pages and put up a clearer version of the Overdrive mode page, though I doubt there's any more info to be uncovered on those pages.

blue

gucci
Years
The Box Arts of these games actually surpass the original Black & White, these are much more fierce and creative I personally want both now ;_;

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Wow, I actually think White 2's box art is far more superior. I'll admit the colours look great in Black 2, but I absolutely love the pose White Kyurem is doing in the box art.

Riansky

Purr
Years
I love the new boxes. Black 2 is really amazing and so is White 2.

Oh and about "overdrive mode" I don't really think they are called like that. I just think they look like that when they use theirs signature move or something.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Actually I've been wondering why Serebii hasn't reported on the "Overdrive mode" yet, and according to Joe:

That's just how they are, similar to how Reshiram & Zekrom's tails light up. The scans make no mention of an overdrive mode and I am annoyed at that site for spreading this

I sure hope that'll be part of the sprite animations.

FFS, I hate websites like that, and I should have known better than to get all hyped up and believe their information.
Not only did they post false information, but other major websites actually believed them and started spreading the news, making it all the more believable to the fans.

So yeah, "Overdrive mode" is nothing more than part of their animation much like how Reshiram and Zekrom's tail light up.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
One more thing about Black 2's box cover. Blue is my favourite color, all winter long I've been rocking black and blue, a hat and scarf if that color. My black phone has a blue case. Black 2 fits me perfectly <3

blue

gucci
Years
After looking at it closely and in-depth detail I really like the White 2 Box Art, I guess I was a little too quick to judge.

pokemon-white-2.png

Years
I hope people aren't judging the games based on the cover.. because it should have the same story from each other, but a different one from B/W, right? But I understand if people say which art or design of the B/W Kyurem looks better. I'm most likely getting White 2 because I prefer Reshiram over Zekrom.

Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2013
White Kyurem's pose and the White 2 logo are really awesome, I just can't stand the background.

Just noticed the cases for the games are red and blue in the new scans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back