• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Another Pokemon Story?

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
Is it OK if I would talk in first person as a Pokemon or the trainer? Or do I do it in third person since it won't be confusing in a way? And I wonder, but should I write a story of a Pokemon's problem of sadness or just leave it as like a problem saving another Pokemon or trainer. Or should I write it of a trainer trying to beat a gym leader and leave it as that? Sorry if this is confusing, but I wonder if I would write it of their crisis either in different POVs.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
You can write a story in any POV, it just has to a) make sense for the story itself, and b) remain consistent/well told. (You can mix up POVs in the same story, but generally not in the same scene and it requires some skill in transitioning between two different POVs smoothly).

At any rate there have been stories in first and third for both the trainer and pokemon, and ones with mixtures.

And I wonder, but should I write a story of a Pokemon's problem of sadness or just leave it as like a problem saving another Pokemon or trainer. Or should I write it of a trainer trying to beat a gym leader and leave it as that?
That... really depends on your story itself and how you write it. You can do either, but based on so little I can't say which idea seems the more interesting or whatnot.

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
You can write a story in any POV, it just has to a) make sense for the story itself, and b) remain consistent/well told. (You can mix up POVs in the same story, but generally not in the same scene and it requires some skill in transitioning between two different POVs smoothly).

At any rate there have been stories in first and third for both the trainer and pokemon, and ones with mixtures.

That... really depends on your story itself and how you write it. You can do either, but based on so little I can't say which idea seems the more interesting or whatnot.

I'll try to think of that, looking through other stories in terms of inspiration.

Back