• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Will you still play games of the Fourth Generation?

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Well i most likely won't be able to get the 6th Gen games for a while so what better to do than to revisit the older gens.

Warship

異議あり!
Years
i definitely will pearl was my very first game and i wont ever forget it in fact im still trying to make a good team from scratch

Altair1

Willpower
Years
I'll definitely still be playing the fourth gen. I have all the fourth gen main games, however I've just started them last week. (I've finished Diamond in 2007 but traded it in) ... So I'm working on D/P/Pt and HG/SS, I'm also playing through the fifth gen games too, finished Black last year but traded it as well. -_- ... My goal is to at least finish 4th gen games before October 2013. I'll still play them though after finishing them... Maybe. ;P

Princess Sandshrew

PokéRespect
Years
I will still play gen 4 games, but much less so I feel. I put most of the time I play pokemon into the newer games, but I do still play all the generations of games (mostly for a nuzlocke challenge).
Right now I play gen 3 and 5 mostly, so maybe it'll become gen 4 and 6 next. Though I doubt it, since gen 3 still feels special to me.

Years
  • Age 23
  • No.
  • Seen May 1, 2014
Of course I will!
No matter how old they get, I will still play them.
Since they were very fun to play, and I could use some challenges, to enjoy even more!

Jaysfinest1

The Original
Years
i definitely will pearl was my very first game and i wont ever forget it in fact im still trying to make a good team from scratch

wait woah, pearl was your very first game? my friend, you have alot of catching up to do. do me a favor and DO NOT and i repeat, DO NOT buy any more pokemon games until you have played fire red or leaf green, or even HG OR SS.

lazy~

World's Laziest Trainer...
Years
I recently restarted platinum and I'm having a lot of fun with it and since I live gold and silver so much when I was growing up, I'm sure I'll continue to play heart gold through future generations.

Years
I have a confession to make: I've never played a Pokemon game from the 4th generation. That'll change soon though, since I ordered a copy of Pearl for $10 on ebay earlier today. So this will be a completely new adventure for myself.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 28, 2024
I'll be playing and replaying Gen IV long after VI comes out, I loved them all. My love for the games has been rekindled recently and so I've been playing through them more often.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Of course. Diamond was my first Pokemon game, so I specifically like it. I also am just not a big fan of Gen V, so it's the most recent game I play.

Though I figure I always will play it, considering I still mess around with my oldest games, which are Ruby/Emerald/Sapphire.

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
I would play them every now and then. Right now i feel like playing Platinum :3

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2021
I'm going to find it harder to play soon, but i'm still finding Pokemon with the Poke Radar, and I have a bunch of cool Pokemon, Nidoking, yesh. I still can't seem to get past Ultra Rank contests, but my region is suffering from a giant berry drought, so I have to be careful with poffins. If I need good contest stats or whatever, then I need to trade it to my friend, who has a 'Super Poffins' cheat. YESH.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
OFC I PLAY THEM. GEN 4 IS THE BEST. Especially HGSS ;) Because its awesome and the PKMNs follow you. Plus I am restarting both Platinum and HG, so yeah.

Warship

異議あり!
Years
wait woah, pearl was your very first game? my friend, you have alot of catching up to do. do me a favor and DO NOT and i repeat, DO NOT buy any more pokemon games until you have played fire red or leaf green, or even HG OR SS.

although im replying a bit late dont waste your breath telling me that i played games of each generation and loved them all. just because i started with pearl doesnt mean i havent played any other games since. heck it was like 6 years ago when i first played pearl not 2 days ago.

Years
Probably in some future I will start Platinum again. THis is my most favorite Pokemon game and 4th Gen is my most favorite as well.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I absolutely love the Fourth Generation. It's where I started, and it's where I'm gonna stay. My favourite game of all time is Platinum, and I'll continue playing it for a long time.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Definitely. I have 6 games: LeafGreen, Emerald, Diamond, Platinum, HeartGold and Black. Out of them, setting aside Emerald for nostalgia, HeartGold or Platinum is my favourite and Black is the only one I don't want to replay that much (hence I never bothered getting Black 2). I seriously doubt I'll upgrade from a DSi to a 3DS, so as well as being class games, they'll also be my most up-to-date (Even though Diamond's 6 years old now!). So, yeah definitely play Gen IV post-Gen VI

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
I've toned down my use of cartridge games considerably due to my affection for competitive Pokemon, but I'm trying to find it within myself to get SoulSilver started and I've started a fourth Diamond playthrough. I don't think these will be getting too old for me any time soon. So, yes, I'll still be playing fourth generation games well into the future, it seems.

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
I haven't even finished my soul silver yet, so heck yeah I'm gonna keep playing. The jhoto generation will never get old for me, I have a lot of great memories associated with my original silver. I bet anyone who played the original generations when they came out would feel the same, nostalgia beats all.

Back