• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hilbert and Hilda?

The Doctor

What!?
Years
It really would not make sense for the Protagonists from the first games to have completely disappeared from Unova. I wonder if they will implement them into the sequels, maybe making Hilbert battleable in White 2 and Hilda in Black 2 or something, but for GameFreak to leave them out completely would be quite silly indeed.

Opinions?

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
They wont appear at all because Gamefreak has that nagging fear that femenists or masculinists(yup we now have masculinists) are going to sue over Pokemon if the male or female character is not in the game

NeveUsedThunderBolt

Electric-Type Gym Leader
Years
Hilda or Hilbert?

In games, I pick Hilda as I'm a girl, but as appearances go, I much prefer Hilbert!
Ah well, as long as I get good, electric Pokémon, I don't care who I pick! :)

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
Mm...they do have sprites, but that might be for WIFI Battles with people playing B/W (?)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
There was a rumor that Hilda/Hilbert will appear in Join Avenue, but there was no confirmation on this. Otherwise no, they don't appear in the game at all. They are "Off Searching for N".

They have battle sprites because they can battle with B/W and I think you can link up for Battle Subway with B/W as well.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
I made a thread with exactly the same title as this, haha. I'm assuming since mine's a month old this thread is fine though.

I agree though, having Hilbert/Hilda completely absent from the sequels is outrageous. Red makes an appearance in G/S and HG/SS, and those games centred on exploring an entirely new region. And since our new protagonist managed to come across N during the storyline of B2/W2, Hilbert/Hilda clearly aren't doing a particularly good job in looking for him, so they may as well return and at least make a cameo appearance.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Spoiler:

Isshu Link between Black/White and Black 2/White 2 and several characters will make several references to the Black/White player character.

All the news up until they revealed N was in the game said that the Main Character from B/W were off far away looking for N, then N made his appearance which sent some fans into a frenzy cause they were demanding that the old Protags appear.

Can't find anywhere where it says N is searching for the old Protags.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well it seems the Join Avenue apperances might actually be due to connecting with BW and not actually a real reference.
"
Join Avenue: Despite Join Avenue not being in Black & White, when Black 2 & White 2 users communicate with Black & White users, the user's avatar will appear in Join Avenue wanting to open a shop or find a specific shop " -Source Serebii.

pokehearts

I like trains.
Years
If Hilbert and Hilda did appear in the game, what would their team be? Obviously if the a fight with Hilbert/Hilda did appear, memory link would be used to determine whether Hilbert or Hilda did appear (depending if you picked a boy or a girl) and would also be used to copy he pokemon you beat the champion with. (If you beat Alder with Emboar, Zekrom, Watchhog, Hydreigon, Braviary, and Stoutland, Hilbert/Hilda would use those Pokemon to fight you with) I think that would be really cool.

silverexorcist

Individualism in Normalcy!
Years
In Platinum, the Battle Tower Frontier, who is your rival's father in all Sinnoh based fourth generation games, mentions when you fight him that he knew your father as a child and that they were attacked by wild Starly, which happened in Diamond and pearl, but not Platinum. I suspect that we won't be seeing much aside from a small allusion like this in Black 2 and White 2. Although I fear that it will be like HG and SS where the former female character just vanished and was replaced entirely.... T.T

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
The worst part is that they were the best designed protagonists to date. They haven't even had a movie cameo. What's GameFreak on?

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
I wish they would appear. :(

Better yet, it would be cool to see them as champions. Although their lines and team would be awkward to create.

pokehearts

I like trains.
Years
I wish they would appear. :(

Better yet, it would be cool to see them as champions. Although their lines and team would be awkward to create.

No doubt the lines would be hard to create, I just wouldn't have them talk, like Red in HG/SS. And the teams could be created using Memory Link, It would take the team you beat the Champion with, buff the levels if needed, add more moves and copy your fighting style throughout the game. and BOOM! you've got yourself a battle with Hilbert/Hilda/Whatever you named them

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2013
doubt they completely dissapeared from the series they'll probably do like gold silver and crystal where you battle Red after beating the Kanto gyms or something like that.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Hilbert and Hilda have yet to be discovered and so far isn't programmed as battleable unlike Cheren and Bianca with Unova Link.

doubt they completely dissapeared from the series they'll probably do like gold silver and crystal where you battle Red after beating the Kanto gyms or something like that.

No unfortunately that role was given to N who is battleable once a Month and has a different Weather team each battle.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
I'm just glad they are acknowledged as existing in the games because the FireRed and LeafGreen's female protagonist's existence was completely forgotten in HeartGold and SoulSilver.

To be fair, the original games only had the male choice, so it would be so extra to add / twist a bunch of dialog just to make that one change.

I was hoping the old protags would appear in PWT, but oh well. Who knows, there may be a B3/W3 :P

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2014
... but wont it be weird that Hilbert/Hilda from B/W have already caught Zekrom/Reshiram and we can catch Zekrom/Reshiram from B2/W2?

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
I think it is assumed that they released them, or perhaps never caught them to begin with, only used it for the fight vs N. Were we able to just defeat Resh/Zek at N's Castle in B/W? I always restarted if I failed to catch it, I dunno if N says you -have- to which I think would be strange if we did.

I want to say it's assumed in each game you didn't catch the legendaries. For example, in FR/LG you can get the birds + Mewtwo. In HG/SS, you can get them again.

Either:

A) They are breedin' like mofos
B) Each previous protag doesn't catch them story-wise.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I think it is assumed that they released them, or perhaps never caught them to begin with, only used it for the fight vs N. Were we able to just defeat Resh/Zek at N's Castle in B/W? I always restarted if I failed to catch it, I dunno if N says you -have- to which I think would be strange if we did.
You HAD to catch Reshiram/Zekrom in order to continue. Even if we were to defeat the dragon, it would just respawn =)

Back