• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Development: Pokémon Fire Red Hacked Engine

Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2014
i have a question when i load 2 ore more OWs in one map the lowest event number is shown good but the others are using the pallete of twe lowest event number of the map.

Last edited:

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I'm having trouble with special 0x64 - the party status modifier.

When I set 0x8005, it ends up making my Pokemon be affected with Sleep no matter which variable I set it to (0-7 are supposed to cause different statuses). If I set it to something other than 0-7, it Poisons the Pokemon to be affected. And if I set it to 40 or 50 it become Paralysis.

It happens that I want to affect it with poison, but I was wondering why I can't get the other statuses to work with the correct status flags?

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2012
for the set healing place do we still need to use the orignal second map script for pokemon centers?

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Just another glitch I'm experiencing - for the backsprite switch (setvar 0x4062), any time it loads the new backsprite image and palette, it also changes the palettes of all the trainer sprites in the game. So the palette of the trainer you are versing is the same palette as the backsprite you've switched to. It affectively makes the backsprite switcher unusable for trainer battles.

EDIT: Also to note, the trainer sprites palette returns to its normal palette at the end of battle, when it reappears but the player's backsprite is not there, so I guess it only affects the trainers' palettes when the player's backsprite is present.

Last edited:

Meta Paradox

Researching FireRed...
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2011
Um, what is the difference between the "FireRed Hacked" and the "FireRed Hacked ENGINE"? Sorry for that awfully dumb question. But I want to know.

Years
  • Seen yesterday
I know a feature that you could add into your hacked engine; why not do it so that more direct instruments can be played at one time?

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
Um, what is the difference between the "FireRed Hacked" and the "FireRed Hacked ENGINE"? Sorry for that awfully dumb question. But I want to know.

A game engine refers to the gears that work behind the scenes: what you ( the player ) doesn't see. Eg: Player moving, music playing etc.

@ShinyDragonHunter - I'm fairly certain this is a limitation of the GBA -- not -- the games original engine. I may be wrong though.

@biking101 - The tool was written in a .NET language. Use mono instead of wine.

Years
Wow this i awesome!!!!!!! I can now do crazy things but i have one question, my advance map shows all 255 OW but i can't edit them with OW editor RE. Any help? Also how do i access the new palettes because i still have the original ones

EdensElite

No0b, but getting there.
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 4, 2014
This has deleted some important scripts like finding wild pokemon in the grass, how do I add this back in?

Years
  • Seen yesterday

A game engine refers to the gears that work behind the scenes: what you ( the player ) doesn't see. Eg: Player moving, music playing etc.

@ShinyDragonHunter - I'm fairly certain this is a limitation of the GBA -- not -- the games original engine. I may be wrong though.

@biking101 - The tool was written in a .NET language. Use mono instead of wine.

From what I've learned the GBA's standard music engine plays 5 direct tracks, I reckon that it is possible to modify the music engine so that more then 5 direct tracks can play at once.

Masou Shoujo Haruna

Don't touch me, I'm sterile
Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2011
I just wanted to say that I figured out who to properly execute this special. For any who might want to know what to do:

First, you have to make the script you want to activate on every step. Once the script is compiled, you open a hex editor and navigate to offset: 0x1a4e2c

There are 4 slots for pointers there. Place the offset (reversed) of the script you want to execute with every step in the first slot. Then, at whatever point you want the walking script to be active (be it through an event script or a level script) just put:

Code:
setvar 0x407e 0x1
special 0x81

Setting variable 407e to 0x1 indicates that you want the game to access the first pointer at offset 0x1a4e2c, and special 0x81 starts the script so that it activates on every step.

So that's how special 0x81 works, in case anyone else was having trouble with the instructions. :)

sorry if this might sound nooby but
by reverse do you mean, for example my offset is 0x812345
[45 23 81 00] or [54 32 18 00] or [00 18 32 54]?

Masou Shoujo Haruna

Don't touch me, I'm sterile
Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2011
I'm having trouble with special 0x64 - the party status modifier.

When I set 0x8005, it ends up making my Pokemon be affected with Sleep no matter which variable I set it to (0-7 are supposed to cause different statuses). If I set it to something other than 0-7, it Poisons the Pokemon to be affected. And if I set it to 40 or 50 it become Paralysis.

It happens that I want to affect it with poison, but I was wondering why I can't get the other statuses to work with the correct status flags?

it doesn't seem to work the same as the what the manual says
setting 0x8005 to:
0x0 - 0x7 sleep(up to 7 turns)
0x8 poison
0x10 burn
0x20 ice
0x40 paralyze
0x80 toxic

setting it to something else would produce combinations of status' like
0x38 is 1 turn defrost + poison + burn
0x39 is 1 turn sleep 2 turn defrost + poison + burn
0x9 1 turn sleep + poison etc.