• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
How can i change the pokemon fire red start menu to say
"Habitat Reverse" instead of 'Fire-Red Version"

You Use UNLZ.GBA, search for either one of these numbers:
Code:
use 256 color mode while searching through those numbers.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2008
Hey people, I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how to change a pokemon's name, attacks, and the encounters on each map.
Thanks

Years
May I ask can you change what Pokémon appear in the Pokédex for example:

What Pokémon appear in the Kanto Dex in FireRed/LeafGreen?
What Pokémon appear in the Hoenn Dex in Sapphire/Ruby/Emerald?

Any help!

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
I want to change the text of the trainer battle interface.

Well what I'm talking about is that I want to change the text from:

"{Trainer}
would like to battle!"

to:

"You are challenged by
{trainer}!"

Is there any way to do this? I've seen this done but I have no idea how to do it.

Please don't say A-text because I've looked around for that dialog and found nothing.

Wuggles

Pokémon Omega
Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2013
Heya guys!

I was just wondering how I can make a new tile with the same "skills" as the wildgrass ones. I mean, you can get battled by wild pokémon there, but how can I make a totally new one with the same "skills"?

Thanks in advance ;)

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I have a question about advanced map. How do you delete a map after you insert it?

The easiest way would be using a backup. Otherwhise you can simply overwrite the old map with a new one.

Here's one, can you add more flight spots without deleting any others!

Since the game is programmed for a certain number of flight positions, I guess that ASM hacking is needed to expand the limit.

Well what I'm talking about is that I want to change the text from:

"{Trainer}
would like to battle!"

to:

"You are challenged by
{trainer}!"

Is there any way to do this? I've seen this done but I have no idea how to do it.

Just use an hex editor which supports table files. Thingy32 or Translhextion are just a few examples.

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
Heya guys!

I was just wondering how I can make a new tile with the same "skills" as the wildgrass ones. I mean, you can get battled by wild pokémon there, but how can I make a totally new one with the same "skills"?

Thanks in advance ;)

What will work 100% is to erase the animation, but thats not good xP

Or you can erase the high gras animation to make the new ground with "wild pkmn apears" "skill"...

Oh i found something realy intressting, give your tile in AM
as behavior-byte 05 (Ruby, i think its the same in Fr i dont know it, but i will test it)that gives your tile the "wild pkmn apear" "skill".

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
How do I change:

changethisyy7.png

Thanks

natu133

Belive It!
Years
Warp Problem..

I created a house on route 1...the warp to go into the house works..but the warp to go out doesnt. it takes me to the border of route 2, where my player gets stuck beetween the trees...does the warp leading out the house have to say everything the warp leading inside does?

Wuggles

Pokémon Omega
Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2013
What will work 100% is to erase the animation, but thats not good xP

Or you can erase the high gras animation to make the new ground with "wild pkmn apears" "skill"...

Oh i found something realy intressting, give your tile in AM
as behavior-byte 05 (Ruby, i think its the same in Fr i dont know it, but i will test it)that gives your tile the "wild pkmn apear" "skill".

Uhm, I'm sure it'll work in Ruby, but it doesn't work on FR :S
I tested it on the red flower tile, but it did rather nothing. When I gave it "20"... nothing... And that's The wild grass animation in FR IMO...

But thanks anyway ;)

Years
Hmm a bit of help with this.
First, i want to know what the cry of Deoxys is in script..
Like Rayquaza is
cry 0xA1 0x196,
so what would deoxys be?
next is setweather script. When i compile it with ScriptEd, and then play, when the script happens, the weather dont change.
And next is this script dont work. Instead one part of the script happening at a time, all parts happen at once, no matter if the flag has been checked or not. I will put the script here.
Spoiler:

Thanks, Giovanni

natu133

Belive It!
Years
The Offsets mustve been wrong, i was in 256 colour mode...but, i did manage to change the title on ruby. So, Whats the offset for the FireRed Version Logo, and wat pallete?
i went 100 under, 100 over, an still didnt find it :(

Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2007
A few questions: How do I expand the size of a ROM? What's the recommended "maximum" size just in case I want to port a hack to a cartridge later? Finally, is there a way to simply edit the hex code?

Years
hi i am new is there a way i can edit my r/s/e/fr/lg trainer id number? and my pokemon's OT and where i met that pokemon? and is there a tool like pokesav for r/s/e/fr/lg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back