• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2019
help plz

is there a tutorial on how to change the pallete of charizard at the titlescreen? i looked at the titlescreen tutorials and none of them actually explain how to find and change the pallete...so can someone tell me?

hinsburg

Confused
Years
Hey all, I'm new to this rom hacking thing but I've been messing around with this "Gold Map" program to hack Pokemon Gold. I've got this whole town building thing down but I've got a problem with the signs and the people. They're supposed to have text but I have to choose a text bank and a text set or two things like that, but there's hundreds of numbers and half of them either freeze my emulator or send me to the title screen with glitchy color patches. Even if I use the same numbers from signs on Route 29 for the bank and set for a sign in New Bark, I seem to get glitches. The same goes for people, but I can probably figure out the movements and functions and directions through experimenting, as there don't seem to be as many different options for those.

So two questions. How do you know what text you are choosing for a sign or a person? And how do you change the text?

Thanks in advance.

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Hey all, I'm new to this rom hacking thing but I've been messing around with this "Gold Map" program to hack Pokemon Gold. I've got this whole town building thing down but I've got a problem with the signs and the people. They're supposed to have text but I have to choose a text bank and a text set or two things like that, but there's hundreds of numbers and half of them either freeze my emulator or send me to the title screen with glitchy color patches. Even if I use the same numbers from signs on Route 29 for the bank and set for a sign in New Bark, I seem to get glitches.
The "text block"/"text bank" boxes in Goldmap are mislabeled. In reality what they affect has nothing to do with text—they actually compose the two-byte pointer to the script, as you can see if you check out the scripts in hex. Script editing is a fairly advanced topic that I wouldn't expect a beginner to pick up right away, although information [1] [2] is always available should you decide to pick it up.

Editing text is simple with a table file and a hex editor, and a great way to start hacking. In general, using a hex editor is a great way to tinker and learn how the ROM works.

Larsie13

Does anybody know if there's a program to change Pokemon's footprints? :O
And also, I need a tutorial of how to use a cry editor. T^T

~Flareon.

Yes, it's called FPE (Footprint Editor). Don't know if you can find it in the Toolbox, otherwise you'd have to search Google. And if you can't find it there, PM me, and I'll give you a link.

As for your second question, I believe most people have trouble working with PokéCry, and I don't know of any tutorial for it.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Let's anwer some questions then :D

How would I go about increasing the sprite cap which can then be edited in Overworld Editor?
Read Darthatron's Advanced Overworld Spriting tut in the Documnets and Tutorials Section

Hello once again pipz...
I have another question I wish to be resolved...

I think some of you might have already noticed this to my hacks.
Well, anyways, in a script where there's gonna be a trainer battle, why do sometimes some NPC's change the direction of where they're facing?

Thanks~
Hmm which kind of trainer battle? If it's for all of them, it could be just random coincidences or you might have messed up something ROM:\

Hi, I'd like to know, how do I create new palettes for a map? I've been messing around with the AdvanceMap, but I don't think it's there... xD

I don't think you can:(

is there a tutorial on how to change the pallete of charizard at the titlescreen? i looked at the titlescreen tutorials and none of them actually explain how to find and change the pallete...so can someone tell me?

Find Zel's home-made tutorials in the Documnets and Tutorials section (last page I think) and that will tell you how to edit the palettes of anything:P

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 25, 2012
So I'm looking for some Moemon patches. I've seen one before that has menu sprites, DP Pokemon, and new teams for gym leaders, Like Brock having a Kabuto and Giovanni having Gliscor and Donphan. However, due to my inability to read any Japanese, it's been quite difficult to figure out which patches will get me this desired outcome. Whatever I do, it seems I can't even get a version that has patched menu sprites even. Can anyone help me?

PS: For reference, here's a video of what I'm looking for.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4-dWpcRpIM&feature=channel_page

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2010
Pokemon Platinuim (US)Trainer Sprites

ive used the pokepicplatinium and the pokepicplatinium trainer and i just cant see a chance in my rom at all.

i used the talhaxen and nitro explorer and i dont see a change after i make my changes to the narc files.

ndsts method showed no changes either even though it only showed 2 frames of the trainers back sprites, i edited those and STILL nothing.

any help for me whatsoever? anything that has to do with sprites?

or maybe some d/p help as well but im really looking forward to spriting for Platinium

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2013
Hi there, I'm new to this place, and to hacking itself. I'm currently trying to hack Fire Red to create my own little story, but unfortunately, when I try to use the Elite Map's bundled apps like Bewildered and Dexter, I get an error message that says "Supported ROM, but Wild Pokemon base is unspecified." and I've tried various roms. However, the roms work fine with Advance Map and other apps, is there any solution? Forgive me if this has already been answered.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Hi there, I'm new to this place, and to hacking itself. I'm currently trying to hack Fire Red to create my own little story, but unfortunately, when I try to use the Elite Map's bundled apps like Bewildered and Dexter, I get an error message that says "Supported ROM, but Wild Pokemon base is unspecified." and I've tried various roms. However, the roms work fine with Advance Map and other apps, is there any solution? Forgive me if this has already been answered.

Well, I would suggest looking around the toolbox here...

It seems you are using a bunch of old and outdated tools, many of which can cause bug in your game.

May I recomend using:
YAPE - The best pokemon editor to date
XSE - A scripting tool that comes with an extensive command database, and a guide on how to make your own custom events, and use some other important tools.
Advance Trainer (A-Trainer) - The best trainer editor to date.
Advance Map (A-Map) - The best map editor to date, be sure you are using version 1.92, if not, get it.
unLZgba - Should have come with Elite Map, but you should be sure you get the one from 'HackMew's Toolbox' in the toolbox section. It is a program that lets you import and export Images in the game, as well as some Tilemaps...
Cyclone - An old tilemap creator / editor
NTME - A newer Tilemap creator / editor, that has some different features
Sappy - A music importer / exporter... I recommend getting really used to hacking before looking for this one...

That is really all the tools you need to do just about ANYTHING you need in a ROM... hacking and stuff...
If you are using FireRed version, be sure to use version 1.0, since the released 1.1 has differences in it, and might bug out... you can check the version of your ROM by placing it into A-Map, and looking at the bottom left corner of the screen...

Have fun, and read alot of tutorials, you might be pretty new, but I was too at one point, practice makes perfect, TRUST me, good luck!
(I didn't give you any links because I want you to learn to search around the forums, get used to the site, you'll be coming here often if you wanna be a ROM hacker... lots of important information and tutorials can be found here...)

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
Years
I'm in search of a tutorial or help using PokeCry GUI.
I got the D/P/P Cries, and from some reason I can't add
the sounds, or the sound are extremely slowed...

It doesn't make any sence what so ever... Help?

GoldFlareon

Biotic Flareon
Years
Yes, it's called FPE (Footprint Editor). Don't know if you can find it in the Toolbox, otherwise you'd have to search Google. And if you can't find it there, PM me, and I'll give you a link.

As for your second question, I believe most people have trouble working with PokéCry, and I don't know of any tutorial for it.

Thanks! :D I got it. :3

I'm in search of a tutorial or help using PokeCry GUI.
I got the D/P/P Cries, and from some reason I can't add
the sounds, or the sound are extremely slowed...

It doesn't make any sence what so ever... Help?

I hear ya. I have the same problem. But if I ever manage to figure it out, I'll let you know. ;P

~Flareon.

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2009
Hello, I have a question about the XSE script editor.

How do I save the script to the ROM? I have managed to save it as an RBC-file, but how do you apply to the actual ROM as a new offset?

What I have done so far is that I have written the script and chosen the offset $800000.

Spoiler:

Any help for this n00b would be appreciated:)

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Hello, I have a question about the XSE script editor.

How do I save the script to the ROM? I have managed to save it as an RBC-file, but how do you apply to the actual ROM as a new offset?

What I have done so far is that I have written the script and chosen the offset $800000.

Spoiler:

Any help for this n00b would be appreciated:)

Please read the guide that comes with XSE, it will tell you how to do that.
The XSE guide comes with the program, and can be accessed by pressing the F1 button on your Keyboard while you are in XSE.

cuplampghosthunt

<--I don't know what this is
Years
  • Seen May 14, 2012
Alright, so this is basically a last resort but my hack is seriously broken without help.

I use the following script in pokescript:

#org $begin
message $dontgoout
$dontgoout 1 =Don't go out
boxset 6
end

..and when I go over the space with that script it freezes the game. Why is this?

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2009
hi there. ive looked it p and haven't found any ansers so here goes;
how do you change which way oak
a) comes to you when you go near the grass
b)he takes yo uto the lab

im using XSE, but im having real trouble understanding all teh terms. i hve checked out the guid and tutorials on this site, but im still having trouble. could someone explan in the simlest way who t do the above? thanks

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Alright, so this is basically a last resort but my hack is seriously broken without help.

I use the following script in pokescript:

#org $begin
message $dontgoout
$dontgoout 1 =Don't go out
boxset 6
end

..and when I go over the space with that script it freezes the game. Why is this?

U need to set the script tile's unknown to 0003 and var number to 4050.

Next time post a problem like this in the script help thread.

Off topic
OMFG, How hard is it for people to see that there's a script help above this thread where you posts scripting problems :pink_pissed:

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2010
Game: Platinium US
Problem: changing the sprites with my custom changes after exracting them via "talhaxen" and or with
"ndsts_b2_en"

when i put the narc back in my rom with "NitroExplorer2b" i got into battle and it freezes b4 i see the backsprite, but when i put the narc via
"ndsts_b2_en" i dont see any changes when i go into battle, but that makes sense a little becuase when i open up the narc with "pokepicplatiniumtrainer"
the first 3 sheets are blank and the 4th one has only 2 frames of the backsprite trainer(male hero)

has anyone else had success changing sprites whatsoever? even overworld sprites would help me out.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Is there a free empty tileset in Fire Red and Ruby? I heard that tileset 16 in Fire Red was free so I was just wondering if there were any others in FR and if any at all are in Ruby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back