• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Lol, It's like the same thing. And you obviously haven't really been reading much since we've done both mapping and scripting :/

Years
Platinum has more features then D/P so it's better in every way. ;)

Indeed I haven't been reading here much...
I dont feel like checking 51 pages to search how far progress is done..
Anyway so mapping and scripting worked, so basicly it's possible to change D/P's apearance.
Good to hear that. =)

Years
Platinum has more features then D/P so it's better in every way. ;)
I haven't played DP or Platinium, But I liked Ruby and Saphire more then emerald...

Those small features they add in 5 minuts, Is not realy any thing that will make me look differnt at the game...
Indeed I haven't been reading here much...
I dont feel like checking 51 pages to search how far progress is done..
Then you don't fell like knowing how the progress is.. You could either seach, or motivate your self by set the post amount per page up (I only see 32 pages in this thread)
Anyway so mapping and scripting worked, so basicly it's possible to change D/P's apearance.
Good to hear that. =)
Deppens on what you mean, Ofcause we can change a bit, but not any thing constructive yet... I mean, We could change the apearance when we palete hacked the game first time... But else go seach for Pokespam or DP hacking at youtube, and you'll see a video by Gabe... and get et good laugh by Gabe's sexy voice!

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2010
excuse me folks...im trying to just hack a couple of overworld sprites (Pearl) .Im not that bad,this isnt the first game i've tried to hack (FE).Anyway I hear pokedspic really helps, but i cant seem to find it anywhere...could someone please PM me a link or sit or something?

thanks in advance

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2010
Beyond midway of this thread, FDuarte mentioned that he was attempting to translate Pokemon DP and that he had unpacked the NDS file and had successfully uncompressed the msg.narc file.

I'm interested in doing some text modifications myself. I understand that the repacking of .narc's isn't the best at the moment, but I'm fine with doing basic replacing and not changing the size of the individual files.

My problem is that I can't get the msg.narc to split into individual files. I've tried using narctool, and I know there's a version (narctool-0.1-p) that's supposed to work with nameless bin files within an narc archive, but every time I attempt to use narctool it simply crashes- and of course, other versions will give me an "ERROR".

Any advice on how to solve this dilemma would be appreciated.

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2010
what?....maybe im confused, how can i edit my overworld hero sprite. that hat is killing me....i wanna give the guy some hair

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2010
I'd recommend trying tahaxan instead and manually reijecting the narc.

Oh, Tahaxan seems to work fairly well for extracting the contents of msg.narc, but it seems only some files will extract and others will not. However, I was still able to do some testing..

However, I'm having trouble manual editing files. I tried to make a table file by modifying the hex of where the intro is found in the game ROM. I imagained to change an "n" to an "o" by upping the hex value, and this seemed to work well. However, if I attempted to copy this value twice in a row- it would delete the second letter.

I decided to run an experienment with Platinum. I knew, thanks to the other user, that the intro for Eng_Pearl was stored in 341.bin of msg.narc (0x00D9B798). I did some visual comparisons, and found that 387.bin in pl_msg.narc (0x01781F74) is the intro for Platinum.

Although the english intro for Pearl is smaller than the one for platinum, I pasted the english bits into the Japanese game and simply blanked out what was left.. The result?

Other than the graphics for the name selection, the entire intro to Platinum is in English- including the Tutorial for the Controls.

So... My question is this. Does anyone know how to make a table file OR does anyone know the hex locations for the Pokemon Names/Attack names? I'm not looking to translate the game, but I want to make it more enjoyable for my personal use.

Thanks.

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2010
wel lets just say i was playing around with it...then i found out a way to extract images (back trainer) this is in platinum btw. anyway i took paint and made some changes but its a gif.your saying i could use a hex editor?...if thats the case could i open my gif in a hex....then somehow replace the old backtrainer with my new one? thats sounds way to easy ... please correct me

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2010
Through some searching, I managed to find a table file on this site. While the values are stored in double, which I knew, the table file doesn't seem to help any as the text appears scrambled (encrypted), which is what prevented me from being able to make my own. I've been toying around with Eng Pearl to see what I can find- such as patterns, but it's not moving too well. :>

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2010
Yeah, I'm aware of Poketext. It seems to be no longer availible on his website. I'm assuming he pulled it waiting for his new release. The only versions I could find on google were for GSC.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2012
Good day all,

I was one of the early-days romhacker (from the year 2000) who left romhacking scene like a few years ago. Actually, I dusted off my skills mainly to try and gather useful information from the rom for Pokebeach (mainly).

First of all, I really would like to thank the compilers of this document (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=131283). Your document surely helped me out alot, especially getting myself back on track. Many thanks to you!

Anyways, the coding is the same - that's great.

Also - some interesting things that would be considered.

I have hacked the Mart data so yeah (well, only Vielstone Dept store, cause I cbf do all areas - as main purpose to do it was to get any new items or w/e) The data format is like Potion, Super Potion, Hyper Potion...whatever. End of the particular list is usually FF.

Secondly, I have some fun messing around trying to get Rotoms new form(e/s)

Burmy & Wormandam:
9C01/9D01 - Plant Cloak
9C05/9D05 - Sandy Cloak
9C09/9D09 - Trash Cloak

Shellos & Gastrodon:
A601/A701 - West Sea
A605/A705 - East Sea

Rotom:
DF01 - Original
DF05 - Wash Forme
DF09 - Spin Forme
DF0D - Frost Forme
DF11 - Oven Forme
DF15 - Cut Forme

Lastly, please give your friendly old man some credits (well, yeah :P)

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2010
isnt that pokeTEX your talking about?what i did was look in tahaxen...open up platinum(ROM) click the poketool tab, click the trbgra.narc then click the first pic i could see and then right clicked the back portrait of the trainer then saved as BMP (sorry...not GIF)

is there any piont to any of what i did?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back