Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Fan Fiction and Writing > Writer's Lounge

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Writer's Lounge Need advice? Want to give advice? Come on in and share ideas with your fellow writers. Just remember, all fics go in the main forum.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 12th, 2012 (11:26 AM).
MoonCrow
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Gentle
So, tell us: what puts you in the right mood to write your fics? Is it a song, a daytime, a season, your girl/boyfriend or something else?
Old May 12th, 2012 (01:40 PM).
DarkIceForever
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Adamant
It's usually music with me. I like to listen to music because it helps me develop a certain mood that helps me write. I like to put in some personal events and change them up a bit. Or sometimes just put things that have happend to me and make the character experience it. If that's what you mean by the whole girlfriend/boyfriend thing.
Old May 12th, 2012 (02:02 PM).
psyanic
There's Something About Lamps

Nature: Bold
It used to be that I had to have music on. Like soundtracks and such would really get me motivated. But now, it turns out that I need absolute silence to write. The only time I listen to music is whenever someone is being loud in the house and kills the sanctity of silence, so I blast my iPod in return. With headphones on, of course.

I also find that I can't write well in the morning. It's weird. Maybe it's because I'm groggy or something. As for the mood, I have to be calm. If I'm angry or sad or something, I can't write. My mind is focused on too many things then.
Old May 12th, 2012 (05:54 PM).
bobandbill
Wahahahaha!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill
I tend to work well with music in the actual writing, and I often get a lot of ideas on the spot during that too. But it's more just a general 'I want to write rather than ____' feeling - can't be too tired or busy for it and beyond that it's really just whether I want to write or do something else.
ORAS Staff Collab 2014
Old May 13th, 2012 (04:14 PM).
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

I just kind of decide to write, and I do. I carry a notebook around with me wherever I go, so if I have a few minutes here and there, I write if I feel like. When it's time for me to sit down and write for a longer period of time, sometimes I like silence, sometimes I like listening to music. There's no set way to put me in the mood to write.
Old May 14th, 2012 (04:58 PM).
RealMrFaceMan
Beginning Trainer

Seeing or reading a well point quote - or hearing a good song. If there's a deep enough quote or I've seen something amusing that will some times spark inspiration.
Old July 21st, 2012 (03:55 PM).
Nolafus
The Sentinel's Sorrow

Nature: Calm
Just reading other's work sometimes will do the trick. Read and then think about how you would continue the story or what you would have done instead. Be careful about writing things that are too closely related to your inspiration though. I like silence when I write.
Old July 21st, 2012 (07:40 PM).
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Please don't post in threads that are over a month old. Check the date of the last post in the thread to see how old it is.

Since this thread didn't see much discussion in the first place, and it's two months old, it's closed.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links