• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
qucik question
i cant figure out how to add people to my game pal on pokemon global link....
i have done an ir friend code with someone ...and nothing
i have done a wifi battle with the middle person ontop of the Pokecenter and nothing
and ive done trades with people through person above and nothing ... andyes i have a pgl account .

You can't add certain people as Dream Pals. The only way to add Dream Pals is to randomly encounter their island in the Dream World and add them there. It's all up to luck.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I think that may have to do with wireless either battling or trading with someone, so someone that's near you. I'm not certain though.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
im just wondering if theres an ID lotto contest thing in this generation?

Nope, the best the games have is a guy in Castelia City (Pokemon Centre iirc), where the more trainer IDs you have, the more special items you get. There's a whole lot of different things, but basically when you have at least 50 different trainer IDs from trading, you get a master ball, which is a lot easier than waiting for the lotto in past generations imo.

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Can you transfer items via Pokecheck?

So.. I want berries. I hate that in gen5 you need access to Dream World to get berries. So in short, I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to transfer something like Bidoof, holding a berry from Diamond over to Black via Pokecheck's fake GTS?

Celestial Daze

Holiday Alt. = Holidaze
Years
Well ... you can just do post-game.
If you're playing Black,go fight some trainers in Black City, or go grind in "new" routes, that have most strong pokemon,like the basement of the dreamyard.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
She can only be accessed in the winter, she's in the far front area (aka south) which you can't access in any other weather condition. :x It's also where the man from team rocket lives.

Taposa

;)
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 7, 2022
I do not know how the Game Sync works. My Pokémon does not dream but he was there a couple of weeks/months.
Oh I know already

Last edited:
Years
[SIZE="a"]I was wondering about this pokecheck site. I've been traded pokemon that I later found on that site. Are they still considered legit? Also, if I put copies on the site for personal use then restart the game and re-obtain the copies through the gts, will they still be considered just as legit as the original?
Edit: also my c-gear has almost all of the unlockable skins and such. Will I be able to get those again when I start a new account on gl?

[/SIZE]

Last edited:
Years
[SIZE="a"]I was wondering about this pokecheck site. I've been traded pokemon that I later found on that site. Are they still considered legit? Also, if I put copies on the site for personal use then restart the game and re-obtain the copies through the gts, will they still be considered just as legit as the original?
Edit: also my c-gear has almost all of the unlockable skins and such. Will I be able to get those again when I start a new account on gl?

[/SIZE]

As long as the legality checker says the pokemon is legit it is legit. If you que it for dl on gts it gets a clone ribbon though.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 26, 2022
Mystery Gifts deleted when new game started?

Hi,
I've not collected my mystery gift on my game yet, and it just shows in the info page as "collect from the delivery man".
If I start a new game, will I be able to collect the ticket in that game, or will it delete it?
I've a feeling I might not be able to do this, but whatever!
Thanks for any replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
No, it's bound to your game I'm fairly sure. If you want to keep the Pokemon, I would recommend picking it up, trading it to someone else, then starting the new game and getting it traded back once you have the C-Gear.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 26, 2022
No, it's bound to your game I'm fairly sure. If you want to keep the Pokemon, I would recommend picking it up, trading it to someone else, then starting the new game and getting it traded back once you have the C-Gear.

Sorry, I'll give you a little context, I see it might have been unclear.
I WAS hoping to abuse my IDs so it's easier to RNG, but I an only calibrate on my other cart, which isn't giving the same results.
I've not actually started a game yet, I just have the ticket. I wanted to start the game, calibrate, then start again.

Minishcap

Fecaloma
Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2012
A quick question for you who have Em(o)boar in your team; how well does he play in the in-game? I've been thinking of choosing him for my upcoming Black playthrough. Pinwheel forest is basically a free experience hand out for this fire type and with the right backup the first couple of gyms should be fairly easy (giving that you would have a Pignite by the second gym with that useful Arm Thrust)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back