• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen B2W2 Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cid

Years
I've always wanted to do one of these. And now that I finally started to play White 2, I'll finally be able to! And it'll be a good activity boost after taking a nice and long leave from PC.

Judging from the length of what I typed up, this might actually count as an LP of sorts, haha. Without the visual aid, of course, because I'm lazy.

[B2W2 Travel Journal: Entry #1]

Booted the game up and picked the guy. Named him Patrick, as always.

So far the game looks neat. Walked around Aspertia City and enjoyed listening to the music. I'm loving this game already; having the hometown as a relatively bustling city is a nice change of pace. My mom seems pretty spunky, haha. Soon I met the rival, whom I named Hugh, and walked to the where Bianca was. I love it when the camera pans to a nice view at certain locations, glad that they still have that from BW (and depicted pretty early, too! I wonder if there'll be more of this later).

Chose Tepig as a starter because I've never actually played through White as Tepig, so I though I might as well pick him in the sequel! It's a hard choice, since Growlithe's available early on in this game, and Arcanine is one of my all-time favourites. But I've had an Arcanine for HeartGold (which I only recently beat, because of the surprisingly difficult Hail-infused, Blizzard-filled Red final boss battle faced against my Ice-weak team, haha), so I guess I'll leave Arcanine from my party this time. :(

Fought the rival and his Oshawott with my newly received Tepig (level 5, Rash nature; I'm okay with it since he needed a Special Attack boost anyway). It was a tough fight because Oshawott went with a Tail Whip > Tackle strategy, while Tepig is as sluggish as ever. Thankfully I pulled through with my Tackle spam, albeit at critical HP. I love Oshawott's new animation though. The scalchop tricks made the fight look more dynamic, in a way. XD

Anyway, after that I went with Bianca's obligatory tour for the newbies of the franchise. Which makes me wonder how useful this must be, since a lot of the players of the sequels, I presume, have played the first one and pretty much know what she's talking about already. But eh, give the gal her time to shine. At least she's not as ditzy as before (and looks pretty stylish with her new glasses, which may or may not be Cheren's).

Moving on, I finally got a few Pokéballs! So I shuffled around the new Route (Route 19, iirc; which I must say looks lovely in autumn) and found only a couple of Patrat and Purrloin. A bit disappointing, but I guess I can't find Tepig company so soon. I love how this Route opens to the right, though. Just like DPPt. Now if only it would open downward. I don't remember the first Route of any main series game that opens south of the hometown. But if you do, then VM me, because I'd like to be corrected and not just be a stupid jerk all talking about this for a whole paragraph.

I soon got to Floccesy Town from Alder's lead, after unintentionally grinding my Tepig from the wild Pokémon encounters that hoped for a good Poké to add to my team. Alder's still traveling the region like always, and I like how he's no longer the Champion but still keeps an air of ancestral wisdom or something like that. After a little exploring, I went ahead to Route 20 and caught my first catch! A female Sewaddle (level 4, Lonely nature, Swarm ability; I'm happy to have a nature that boosts Attack, but the Defense stat drop sounds pretty nasty; Swarm is better than Chlorophyll in game imo so yay) looking all cute and saying "Catch me!" almost subliminally, so I did. And Tepig seems pretty happy to have company. B]

Anyway, I battled my first few trainers, shuffled around the tall grass and fallen leaves (plus I sank in the leaves twice, which was a cute quirk) in order to explore and know of the Pokémon available in this Route, and after seeing an open road north, I proceeded there without a care in the world (nor any intent to look for my rival and proceed with the story).

But then I find this cool little ranch, Floccesy Ranch, which was really a better-looking ranch than the one north of Olivine City back in Johto ever was (although the valuable Moomoo Milk supply in the latter made the place a frequent pit stop). I was then surprised to see my rival and caught off-guard with a challenge! Thankfully he only had a weak little Oshawott, although I still had to switch from Sewaddle to Tepig because the former's defenses weren't good enough. So I came out victorious! Then when two ranchers approached us and made me think we were about to take part in the first double battle with rival in the game, I get informed that one of their Herdier was simply lost. Hugh seemed to be in a real hurry to help them, but I was taking my time.

And by taking my time, I mean looking for aspiring party members in the captivating tall grass just below the pair of ranchers. I shuffled around and faced even more Unova Pokémon, which I was almost getting sick of looking at, until lo and behold, a female Azurill pops out of the tall grass! Of course I'm gonna catch that; a Fire-Grass-Water type trio this early in the game sounds too sweet to pass up (even though Azurill's still a Normal-type but whatever). So I switched to my Tepig after a Water Sport and a Splash for good measure, and I proceeded to spam Ember. Until finally Azurill was at critical HP, just ripe for picking. I throw a Pokéball, spam A + Down and hope for the best... and poof! It popped out of the ball! Man Azurill has a high catch rate apparently.

But I was unfazed. After two more Pokéballs, I finally hear that short jingle, and I know that I've caught my third party member. That is, if it has Huge Power, because that ability changes everything. And I mean everything. As if the opportune events wouldn't stop coming, I actually got a Huge Power Azurill (level 5, Careful nature; which might have been a bad one what with the Special Attack stat drop but Huge Power so I don't care)! There's only one problem. I've heard female Azurill has the uncanny ability to swap genders upon evolution. Which would be so weird so I'm hoping from the one-third chance of that happening that it doesn't happen to mine. Anyway, I'm glad I decided to keep the default Pokémon names like always. Otherwise, I would have gone through the odd choice of either picking a female nick and possibly changing it upon evolution, or picking a male nick to name the female Azurill which might actually keep its gender so I'll have to change it too when that happens. After all that jazz, I just grinded a little and saved.

I'll just interject this randomly here and say: I absolutely adore the music in this game. Because I cannot stress that enough.

It seems I've played for a whole hour so far, so I guess it's a good time as any to end this here. The lost Herdier can wait. I'll always be ending my journal entries with my saved data and detailed team so far, because why not?

Current Stats + Team
Spoiler:

Anyway, that ends my first journal entry. See ya.

Last edited:

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
Years
I have a lot of updating to do, so I'm going to break it up into a few posts. And because there's one very important update that deserves a post of it's own that will be coming up. :)

By the way, I want to just say I enjoy reading everyone else's stories immensely. It inspires me to keep going with my own! Keep it up everyone!

November 5, 2012

I had a long day at work, but I did manage to earn a new medal, making 40/56:
Great Trade-Up

Dream World: Vanilluxe. Found: a Dratini that knows Water Pulse; a Sableye that knows Sucker Punch. Down to only needing to find 3 more Pokémon in the Sparkling Sea.

November 7, 2012

I took a ride on the Royal Unova to give my Pokémon some experience, and also to make some extra money in the process. I then went to the Castelia Gardens and caught yet another Eevee, this time in a Timer Ball.

Dream World: Sawsbuck. Found: nothing new, Sandshrew that knows Counter.

I a few more trips out to the Castelia Gardens, and caught two more Eevee! This time I caught one in a Luxury Ball, and the other in a Dusk Ball.

November 8, 2012

In the morning, I went into the Dream World with Magnemite. In addition to gaining a level, we found a female Druddigon with the ability Mold Breaker.

Evening: Dream World: Escavalier. Found: nothing new; Dratini with Dragonbreath.

November 9, 2012

I'm off to a local game convention for the weekend! But before I left, I went into the Dream World with Growlithe. In addition to gaining a level, which will come in handy for the Castelia Gym, we also found a Drilbur that knows the move Metal Sound.

In between, I think I'll train at the Castelia Gym. I chose to take with me Rattata, Koffing, and Growlithe, as I think their mix of types is most appropriate for a bug-type gym.

November 10, 2012

Burgh has done quite a bit of… redecorating in his gym since I was first there a year and a half ago. Instead of having a connection of chambers like a honeycomb, the gym was now covered in in thin, silky threads that formed cocoons of various heights. These cocoons are used to travel between the various levels of the gym. I battled the trainers in the gym, and there was one who popped out of one of the cocoons who used a Combee in his battle!

"Combee, the Tiny Bee Pokémon. Combee are a set of three that are together from birth. They constantly gather honey from flowers. When they sleep, they gather up to form a giant hive."

I made it to the top of the gym where Burgh was wrapped in a cocoon of his own amidst a dozen or so paint cans, some of which had spilled all over the floor to make a wet mixture of colors to walk on. I told him that I'd like to challenge him to an official gym match using the Pokémon I've recently caught. He agreed that we would battle tomorrow.

After doing a little more training, my Rattata evolved into a Raticate!

"Raticate, the Mouse Pokémon, and the evolved form of Rattata. Raticate whittle their constantly growing fangs by gnawing on hard things. With those long fangs, these surprisingly violent Pokémon can gnaw away even thick concrete with ease."

175. Raticate
Spr_5b_020_m.png

November 11, 2012

So by the time I got back from the convention, I was way too tired to do much of anything, including having a gym battle. So we postponed it until tomorrow, since I have off of work.

Reactions: Cid

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
Years
[EDIT]
Pokemon League challenge #1 is complete. Now to train for the second one and complete this Single Monotype Challenge~

Items:

1. Hyper Potions (70) -> 64
  2. Full Restores (70) -> 70
  3. Revives (30) -> 29
  4. Max Revives (5) -> 3
-Battle Flows

-Shauntal-

This battle was pretty easy. Set up a Swords Dance with Fiona, took out Cofarigus. Chandelure showed up, got Bulldoze'd by Nanako, with a Crit for the win~ Drifblim came out, tried to Thunder with Erisa, missed. Got hit with a Shadow Ball and tried again, and hit. Golurk came out, Leaf Blade with Fiona.

-Grimsley-

Led off with Empress to Attack Order Liepard, Acrobatics Scrafty, and Attack Order Krookodile. Had Nanako take care of Bisharp with Bulldoze.

-Marshall-

Had some slight trouble here. Led off with Empress again to Acrobatics ERRYTHANG~ Sawk, however, was faster than me and got a Rock Slide in that knocked me to half HP and flinched me. Used a Hyper Potion to stall for a miss, got one the next turn, then got crit'd by the next Rock Slide.. Had Erisa come in and Thunder to finish this off.

-Caitlin-

Pretty simple. Nanako took two Steamrollers to take out Musharna, and fell asleep from Yawn. Erisa came in to take care of Sigilyph with Thunder. Reuniclus took a Bug Buzz, lived, and hit me with Psychic. It got healed, I countered with Electroweb, then followed-up with another Bug Buzz. Gothitelle went down in one Bug Buzz.

-Iris-

This one got difficult. Lead off with Fiona to X-Scissor Hydreigon right off the bat. 1HKO. Druddigon came out, and I thought I could setup a Swords Dance to try and sweep Haxorus out of the battle. ...Nope. Fiona took a Flamethrower to the knee. I knew Nanako could take a Flamethrower, so she started Bulldozing, with the second getting a crit. Archeops showed up and I prayed Erisa was faster. And she was. Archeops took a Thunder to the neck and went down. Aggron took a Bulldoze crit to the shin. Haxorus.. Nanako got a Steamroller off and flinched Haxorus, so I figure it'll Dragon Dance next turn for speed. I heal, it Dual Chops. I try for another Steam-flinch.. I get Earthquaked.

I send in Erisa to watch Haxorus get healed, and we follow-up with a Thunder Wave. I Electroweb twice to counter the two Dragon Dances it gets up, only to see I can now finish it with Bug Buzz. Lapras got Thunder'd in the neck in went down in one shot.

-Monotype Adventure Info

• Trainer Name - Elena
  • Adventure Started - 11/22/2012
  • Pokemon Type Chosen - Bug
  • Hall of Fame Debut - 11/24/2012 - 12:11 PM (I love how this time is my DS's clock-time...)
  • Total Playtime - 13:42 -> 17:20
  • Number of Badges - 8
596.gif

-Erisa (Bug / Electric)

• Lv. 63
  • Nature: Timid
  • Ability: Compoundeyes
  • Item: Wide Lens (Cause Thunder still misses /sadface)
  • Thunder Wave / Bug Buzz / Thunder / Electroweb
leavanny.gif

-Fiona (Grass / Bug)

• Lv. 64
  • Nature: Adamant
  • Ability: Chlorophyll
  • Item: Leftovers
  • Leaf Blade / Return/ X-Scissor / Swords Dance
scolipede.gif

-Nanako (Bug / Poison)

• Lv. 63
  • Ability: Poison Point
  • Item: Soft Sand
  • Steamroller / Iron Defense / Poison Tail / Bulldoze
416.gif

-Empress (Bug / Flying)

• Lv. 66
  • Ability: Unnerve
  • Item: N/A
  • Attack Order / Heal Order / Power Gem / Acrobatics

Last edited:

OffRoadSP

Years
November 12, 2012

I started off the morning by having my gym battle against Burgh!

Castelia Gym Challenge
Vs. Burgh

20101218012045%21542Leavanny.png
Black_White_Burgh.png

"My bug-type Pokémon have been scurrying with excitement to get to battle you again," Burgh told me. "You remember my great Pokémon! Remember my Dwebble's round little eyes, and how resilient and reliable it is? Or my ace Leavanny, who makes clothes for Pokémon out of leaves!"

"I can't wait to see your new team!" I tossed my first Poké Ball. "Koffing, maximize!"

"Come out, dear Swadloon!" Burgh responded as he sent out his first Pokémon. I definitely had the type advantage.

"Ok, Koffing, start off with a Smokescreen!" Thick, dark smoke came pouring out of the holes all over my Koffing's body.

"Trying to hide, I see! But we're ready for that." Burgh talked and moved with great arm gestures. "Swadloon, tie it up with your String Shot!"

So we were both starting off by using attacks to lower our opponent's stats. But Koffing isn't too fast to begin with, so I wasn't too worried about it losing speed.

"Now, fire Razor Leaf along the line into the smog!" Swadloon followed its trainer's command, and landed a hit on Koffing, though it was not very effective.

"Our turn," I said. "Koffing, use Sludge!"

The blast of poison fired out of the smoke cloud and hit Swadloon for super-effective damage!

"Lights, please!" yelled Burgh. "Time to show you what bug-type Pokémon are made of! Swadloon, use Razor Leaf again!" The attack hit again, but Koffing brushed it off as easily as the last one.

"Koffing, finish this with one more Sludge attack!" The attack was more than enough to knock out Burgh's Swadloon.

"Swadloon is unable to battle," the judge said as he raised his arm. "Koffing wins the round!"

"Well done, Koffing, now return and take a rest," I switched out my Pokémon. "Raticate, you're up next, maximize!"

"That must be the Rattata you caught in the sewers underneath this very city! It looks like you've raised it well!" Burgh complimented. "Let's see how it does against my Dwebble! Come out!"

"I'm going to start out strong," I said. "Raticate, use Hyper Fang!"

"Dodge it, Dwebble!" Burgh's Pokémon nimbly jumped out the way of Raticate's attack! "Now show them your new move, and use Rock Polish!"

"Wow, your Dwebble got faster since our last battle," I commented. "But we'll slow it down. Raticate, use Scary Face!"

"Ah, that fearsome look pierces right to my soul!" Burgh is always the artist. "Dwebble, ruin that stare with Smack Down!"

Dwebble's fast movements allowed it to quickly throw a rock at Raticate, making it stagger back a bit.

"Hang in there, Raticate!" I encouraged my Pokémon. "Get back in there and use Bite!"

"Keep showing them your artistic moves, Dwebble, and use Rock Polish again!" Though Dwebble did take the hit from Bite, its speed continues to increase from another stat boosting move. "Now use Smack Down and knock it back again!"

"Raticate, use Sucker Punch, quick!" My Pokémon did manage to get in the move preemptively, but it still took damage from its opponent's attack as well.

"Don't let them recover," called Burgh. "Smack Down, once more!"

The Smack Down attack landed a critical hit on my struggling Raticate, leaving it with very little strength left.

"You can do it, Raticate! Hyper Fang, let's go!" It struggled, but it did manage to chomp down on Dwebble with the attack, though it didn't do much damage.

"Raticate, you showed great endurance. Return, and take a good rest." I knew I needed to switch tactics. "Ok, Koffing, you're up again!"

Koffing took the field. It was a little tired from having battled already, but still had a lot of energy left.

"You're probably going to try to lower Dwebble's accuracy like you did with Swadloon," Burgh analyzed. "But we're ready for that. Dwebble, hit it with your Faint Attack!"

Faint Attack never misses, so Smokescreen would be useless.

"Now, follow up with Smack Down!" The second attack hit as well, and caused Koffing to fall out of the air by negating its Levitate ability!

"We've got to slow down that Dwebble," I stated. "Koffing, use Clear Smog!"

Clear Smog surrounded Dwebble, and cancelled all the speed boosts from its Rock Polish move.

"Very good," complimented Burgh. "But it's time to give my Dwebble a Hyper Potion to restore its strength."

"No fair!" I cried. Dwebble was fully healed from the potion it was given. "Fine, we can handle it. Koffing, blast it with Sludge!"

I was hoping for Sludge to poison Dwebble, but no such luck. Dwebble countered with another Smack Down, and this time, Koffing was really struggling. It got off one more Sludge attack before Dwebble finished it off with yet another Smack Down.

"Koffing is unable to battle," the judge said as he raised his arm, this time in the gym leader's direction. "Dwebble wins this round!"

"Koffing, return," I said as the red beam removed my knocked out Pokémon from the battlefield. "You did a great job. We'll still win this, don't worry."

This might be a problem. Raticate can't take another hit. And my last Pokémon is at a huge type disadvantage. But, I have to risk it.

"Growlithe, I choose you!" Out came my final choice. "Quickly, use Flame Wheel on Dwebble!"

"An artistic choice, straight from the heart!" commented Burgh. "Dwebble, dodge it and use Rock Polish!"

Great, Rock Polish is increasing its speed again, and now it's faster than my Growlithe.

"Follow that up with Smack Down!"

"Growlithe, Flame Wheel, one more time!"

Both attacks were super-effective! Growlithe took massive damage from the attack, but came out on top.

"Dwebble is unable to battle. Growlithe wins!"

"Great job, Growlithe!" It replied triumphantly with a bark. "Hang in there a little longer for me!"

"Dwebble, return, very well done." Burgh's last Pokémon was no surprise. "I've got a bad feeling about this. Could I be in trouble? Leavanny, come out!"

"I figured as much! Growlithe, get ready!"

"Leavanny, use Cut on Growlithe!"

Leavanny was faster than Growlithe! Leavanny slashed at my already worn out Pokémon, and Growlithe was barely holding on. (1hp!)

"You can do it, Growlithe! Flame Wheel, let's go!"

Not surprisingly, Burgh's bug and grass-type Pokémon, though strong, was no match for the fire-type attack. The battle was over, and the judge declared me the victor!

"You are still as strong as ever, even with new Pokémon," commented Burgh. "It's no surprise I lost. Take this Insect Badge for your new badge case! And keep working hard, and always remember, it's the little things that count!"

Insect_Badge.png

After winning my gym battle, I headed back to the Castelia Gardens. I caught a few more Eevee, including one in a Nest Ball and one in a Dive Ball. (I also caught a pair of female Eevee during my search.) It looks like I now have my 7 Eevee, and can start training them to evolve into their various evolutionary forms.

Dream World: Amoongus. Found: nothing new; Teddiursa with Crunch.

That evening, I decided to take a ride on the Royal Unova to battle any trainers onboard. I had Igglybuff, Onix, Sunkern, and one of my Eevee transferred to me. It was actually some tough match-ups; I had to use a lot of items, and I barely won my last battle with only my Eevee being still able to fight.

Last edited:

OffRoadSP

Years
Getting there! Almost caught up. Although the next post after this one is the all-important one...

November 13, 2012

When I woke up in the morning, I decided to check out the Dream Radar. It's been awhile since I've found anything new or interesting, although I do have a small stockpile of Moon Stones, Sun Stones, and various Shards. But this morning, the first cloud I fired at revealed… Thundurus! It did look slightly different than the Thundurus I caught wandering Unova, but it was still unmistakable. It was a little tricky, but I was able to catch it! Professor Burnett was happy to finally get to examine another Therian Form Pokémon after she transferred the data from the Dream Radar into a Dream Poké Ball.

Spr_5b2_642T.png

While I was at work, I looked around a bit with the Dream Radar, and found a Thunder Stone, as well as a few Bronzor! I'll have to contact Burnett later on to transfer one of the Bronzor to me.

After work, I took a ride on the Royal Unova, and my Igglybuff battled very well against a Basculin. So well in fact, that it evolved into a Jigglypuff! I got to try out its new move, Round, in another battle on the ship. Round is extremely more powerful than its old Pound attack!

"Jigglypuff, the Balloon Pokémon. Jigglypuff have big, round eyes. They sing songs that are so pleasant that listeners can't help but fall asleep."

176. Jigglypuff
Spr_5b_039.png

When I returned to the Pokémon Center, I was awarded another medal for the Medal Rally. This makes 41/57 in total!

Honored Footprints

Next I contacted Professor Burnett, and asked her to download the data from my Dream Radar. She sent me the Dream Ball, and I scanned Bronzor into my Pokédex!

"Bronzor, the Bronze Pokémon. Bronzor are found in ancient tombs. The patterns on their back are said to be imbued with mysterious power. Researchers believe this Pokémon reflected like a mirror in the distant past."

177. Bronzor
Spr_5b_436.png

At the Pokémon Center, I overheard that a ship was heading over to Liberty Garden this evening. I asked Professor Juniper to send me the Victini I caught there over a year ago. Once I received the Timer Ball from Nurse Joy, I left for the pier, and made it onboard just in the nick of time. I let Vicitini out of its Timer Ball, and it floated around the island. It seemed happy to get to visit the place where it lived for so long. Once it seemed satisfied, I returned to its Timer Ball, and we left for Castelia City.

My busy day in the Pokémon world isn't over yet! When I got back to Castelia City, the International Police Spy Looker was waiting for me at the Pokémon Center! He had been chasing down the remnants of Team Plasma after I helped break them up a few months ago. He said that their investigations uncovered a strange Poké Ball at the P2 laboratory on an island southeast of here. He handed me the Cherish Ball, and it opened to release an unusual-looking Pokémon!

"What… in the world… is that?!?!" I exclaimed. I pulled out my upgraded Pokédex, and it did have some information about the cool Pokémon standing in front of me.

"Genesect, the Paleozoic Pokémon. Genesect existed 300 million years ago. It was feared as the strongest of hunters. Team Plasma altered this ancient, legendary bug Pokémon by attaching a cannon to its back."

"There may be more information about it at the P2 laboratory," Looker told me. "There was still plenty on notes and computer data left in that abandoned place. Our investigation has moved elsewhere, but if you're ever in that area, you might want to check out what you can find about this Genesect."

"Thanks, Looker!" I returned Genesect to its Cherish Ball. "I bet Professor Juniper would love to study this. I'll send it to her right away!"

178. Genesect
Spr_5b_649.png

After a long day, it was time to dream. Elekid visited the Dream World, gained a level, and brought back some items and a Boldore that knows the move Heavy Slam.

November 14, 2012

Dream World: Alomomola. Found: Nothing new; Diglett that knows Fissure.

While I was scanning with the Dream Radar, I found a few items, but most notably, one of the items I found was a Water Stone. It was just what I needed! I looked at the four Poké Balls I had with me: a Great Ball, a Net Ball, a Dream Ball, and a regular Poké Ball. I called my Eevee out of its Net Ball. I showed it the Water Stone I had, and it became excited. I used touched the stone to Eevee, and it evolved into Vaporeon!

"Vaporeon, the Bubble Jet Pokémon, and an evolved form of Eevee. Vaporeon have a cell composition that is similar to water molecules. As a result, they can melt away into water."

179. Vaporeon
Spr_5b_134.png

November 17, 2012

I was in the Dream World with Raticate. We spent a considerable amount of time there, and brought back a ton of items, as well as a Klang that can use the move Magnet Rise. Raticate gained a level from the dream, too.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I know I have not posted on here sense I started White 2,but I really didn't feel like updateing this over and over. But now I am back.

The past two days I have been taking on the White Hollow. I am now on the last area and will soon try to take it on. Last week I challenged the PWT. I have beat all the Gym Leader Tournament other that the one where you have to face a mixture of all region gyms.

Curret:
I am Champion
Have about 90 metals
Area 10 of the White Hollow
0 of 10 wins aginst the Gym Leader World Tournament
Seen: 504 Own: 329

Current Team:
Emboar Lv 100
Serperior Lv 100
Glaceon Lv 100
Samurott Lv 100
Hydreigon Lv 100
Krookodile Lv 100

OffRoadSP

Years
And now... the update I am most excited about!!!

November 17, 2012 2:05pm (Black 2)

I met Hugh at the Pokémon Center in Castelia City and we decided to go into the sewers to do some training. The second encounter we had was against a Zubat and a Grimer. Wait… is that Grimer… green? <sparkle> Holy crap… yes, yes it is!

(Did my second worst fear in video games actually just happen??? The first is obviously my saved data getting wiped. But the second is: encountering a shiny Pokémon in a scenario where I may not be able to catch it, such as an Abra that could Teleport away or in the Safari Zone where it could run away. If the computer AI screws me here by having Hugh knock it out, I'm gonna be more than a little upset. And I'm leading with Sunkern. I can't even try to take out Pignite before that happens. This is the worst moment in my video game playing life.)

"I got these!" yelled Hugh, as he charged with his Pignite.

"No, Hugh, wait!" I tried to stop him. "Sunkern, return, and go, Onix!"

Hugh's Pignite used Flame Charge! The knot in my stomach became tighter as I cringed to see who his target was. It was Zubat! The Zubat was knocked out of the battle!

"No time to waste!" I exclaimed as I moved quickly. "Go, Great Ball!"

Time almost stood still as the ball rocked once… twice… three times… CLICK!

I CAUGHT… A SHINY GRIMER! (And my heart started beating again.)

88.png

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Well, I got a decent amount of shards on me thanks to Relic Passage and deliberately losing/forfeiting in the PWT. I'm going to need a lot more shards, though. I'm starting to explore Chargestone Cave.

Current team:

Samurott, male, level 38
-Cut
-Megahorn
-Surf
-Razor Shell
Nature: Hardy

Magneton, level 34
-Thunder Wave
-Flash
-Electro Ball
-Mirror Shot
Nature: Naive
Ability: Magnet Pull

Genesect, level 34
-Techno Blast
-Magnet Bomb
-Flame Charge
-Signal Beam
Nature: Mild

Krokorok, female, level 34
-Crunch
-Sand-Attack
-Torment
-Dig
Ability: Moxie
(note: Sand-Attack or Dig will be replaced by Rock Slide if I stop being lazy with move changes)

Braviary, male, level 34
-Strength
-Fly
-Rock Smash
-Aerial Ace
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Defiant

Axew, male, level 34
-Dragon Dance
-Dig
-False Swipe
-Dragon Claw
Ability: Mold Breaker

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I have finally finished the Unova Dex and will start working on National Dex soon,starting with Kanto Pokemon. I also got 15 more metals. I plan on planning for the World Leaders Tournament and trying to get a few shinies before I get the Shiny Charm.

OffRoadSP

Years
This update should have me caught up now. Whew! Oh, and hopefully Syltti won't mind me stealing her format for the join avenue stuff. :)

November 18, 2012

A quick visit to the Dream World with Zubat gained us a Vanillish that can use Imprison.

November 20, 2012

I was on the Royal Unova, and was very lucky to find all the trainers very quickly. I then got to enjoy the scenery as the ship sailed up to the Marvelous Bridge, and then back underneath the Skyarrow Bridge. The lights from the city and the moon in the background made quite the stunning backdrop.

I then finished training my current four Pokémon, and then sent Jigglypuff, Vaporeon, Onix, and Sunkern back to Professor Juniper. I told her about the special Grimer I caught and she asked if she could study it when I got to Nuvema Town. So I had Drifloon, Riolu, Skitty, and one of my Eevee transferred over to me.

I thought about where I should go next. I wanted to go to Pinwheel Forest, but the Skyarrow Bridge is closed for inspection. I could take a ferry and go see Professor Juniper in Nuvema Town. Then I saw a poster on the wall at the Pokémon Center. It was for a competition called the World Tournament and it is being held near Driftveil City. So I decided that I would head on north to Nimbasa City. I heard that Route 4 has changed a lot over the last year or two.

November 21, 2012

I went into the Dream World with Galvantula. When we crossed the rainbow bridge, we ended up in a completely new area… the Dream Park! All kinds of new Pokémon could be found here. We befriended a Carnivine that can use Gastro Acid. We also later found a female Skorupi with the ability Keen Eye. And oddly enough, without even trying, Galvantula actually gained a level from the dream!

November 22, 2012

I was in the Dream World with Grimer. We once again ended up in the Dream Park quite frequently. We brought back a Throh that can use Ice Punch, as well as some experience for Grimer to go up a level.

November 24, 2012

Finally, a weekend with nothing planned! Hopefully that means I can focus on some overdue training.

I started the day with a trip to the Dream World with Ferrothorn. We found a Minun that knows Signal Beam and a Krabby that knows Amnesia. I also finally grew enough berries to decorate the Dream Island for Christmas, and now have a Gingerbread House on the main area of the island.

Back at the Pokémon Center, I received a medal for catching my shiny Grimer the other day! That makes 42 actual medals.
Lucky Color

Next I decided to let my Eevee out of its Quick Ball. I took the Thunderstone I got from the Dream Radar out of my bag and gave it to Eevee. It evolved into a Jolteon!

"Jolteon, the Lightning Pokémon, and an evolved form of Eevee. Jolteon store electricity in their body which they can use to straighten out their fur. They are able to shoot this bristle-like fur like a barrage of missiles."

180. Jolteon
Spr_5b_135.png

So I decided to move on from Castelia City, but on my way out of town, I ran into a strange guy that I had first seen down in the sewers when I was pursuing Team Galactic. He introduced himself as Colress, and he said that he is researching how to unlock the power of all Pokémon. He asked to challenge me to a battle, out on Route 4. I told him I'd meet him there, after I finished up in the city.

I entered Route 4 and battled a few trainers, and then I eventually met up with Colress for our battle. He showed me a device he had that could energize Pokémon. He directed it at the wall of stones behind us, and all of a sudden they started moving! It was a group of Cruslte, and they all got up and moved out of the way. Then Colress and I battled. I now saw why he wanted to battle on Route 4; both of his Pokémon were steel-type and immune to the effects constant sandstorm that was blowing. Still, my Riolu made short work of both his Magnemite and his Klink thanks to its Force Palm! And after the battle, my Riolu evolved! Colress thanked me for battling him. He then told me more about his ambitions.

"That was an excellent demonstration of battling," Colress began as he examined my newly evolved Lucario. "The way you brought out the power of your Pokémon to help it evolve was astounding. Simply astounding. Team Plasma said we should recognize the potential in Pokémon and liberate them from humans. I disagree. Conversely, it should be humans who bring out the hidden potential of Pokémon! Well then, trainer, I hope to see you again sometime."

Colress left, heading north. I scanned my Lucario with my Pokédex.

"Lucario, the Aura Pokémon, and the evolved form of Riolu. Lucario can read the auras of all things. If well-trained, they can tell how others are feeling from over half a mile away."

181. Lucario
Spr_5b_448.png

I returned to the Pokémon Center in Castelia City. When I got there, I got awarded yet another medal, thanks to my Lucario evolving! This makes 43/59:
Evolution Tech

I took a ride on the Royal Unova to give my team some valuable training. There were six trainers on board, and I managed to find every one! I was rewarded with a RageCandyBar for winning all six matches.

November 25, 2012

I started the day in the Dream World with Onix. We brought back a variety of items, and now have a least one of every type gem from the Icy Cave. We also sent a Klang that can use Gravity to the Entralink.

Professor Juniper contacted me and said she was done studying my new Grimer. She told me that it is a male, and above average in terms of overall power. It seems to like to fight, and since Grimer have naturally high endurance and attack power, I should focus on those traits during training. Due to its careful nature, she also recommended working a little on its special defense. She transferred the Great Ball it was in back to me. I'm very excited to work with my new Pokémon!

I had a whole bunch of vitamins from my last journey when I was at Shopping Mall Nine, so I gave my Grimer some Protein, Zinc, and HP Up to get things started.

I went out to Route 4 to do some training. The Route has changed a lot! Many ruins have been dug up since the last time I was here. The layout completely changed.

I was battling with Grimer and noticed its Mud-Slap attack left a lot to be desired. The sandy area was the perfect place to work on a new ground-type move. It wasn't long before my Grimer learned how to use Dig! It came in handy in a lot of battles, because in addition to doing a good deal of damage, it also protected Grimer from the effects of the sandstorm when it went underground.

A little further along and many battles later, I commanded Grimer to use Harder, but instead, Grimer started to shrink. It looks like Grimer learned another new move on its own, because now it can use Minimize!

One of the trainers I battled among the ruins had a pair of Kanto Pokémon on his team. I battled his Growlithe, and then got to see he had a Sandshrew! I checked it in the Pokédex, and apparently Sandshrew have been spotted in and around the Desert Resort area nearby here!

"Sandshrew, the Mouse Pokémon. Sandshrew dig deep burrows in arid regions with minimal rainfall to live in. When in danger, they roll up their bodies to withstand attacks."

I continued north a bit more, and found another new addition to the area. It's a place called Join Avenue, and it's a long road with lots of empty space. A gentleman there introduced himself as the owner of the avenue. He asked if I could help bring popularity to the place. So he named me manager and the employees started calling me "Chief!" when they addressed me. I opened two shops… a raffle stand by Janus and a shop called BenMart. The avenue had some initial success, as a few people who visited my house in the Dream World found their way here. They did some shopping, and not only did BenMart increase in rank, but so did Join Avenue as a whole! The manager seemed pleased by this. I think the Dream World is going to be my main source of drawing people to Join Avenue.

I returned to Castelia City, and took a quick ride on the Royal Unova. There were a whopping seven trainers to find and battle onboard today, but I only found six of them. Too many chatty passengers!

Back at the Pokémon Center, I was awarded two new medals for all my efforts over the last several hours. I also was given 3 more Hint Medals, all relating to Join Avenue:
Dowsing Specialist
Great Customer

Summary so far:
Unova Dex
• Seen 186
• Obtained 181
-Join Avenue Status Update
• Avenue Rank - 2
1. Dream * Janus (Lottery) Rank 1
2. Ben Mart (Market) Rank 2
-Adventure Info
• Adventure Started - 10/7/2012
• Total Playtime – 88:16

November 26, 2012

Dream World: Klinklang. Found: Onix with Rock Climb; Spinda with Fake Out.
Dream World 2: Skitty. Gained a level. Found: Sawk with Dual Chop.

November 27, 2012

I brought had a bunch of folks that visited my house in the Dream World stop by Join Avenue. A few of them had ideas for shops to open up. First, Alex from Pennsylvania opened Alex Fitness. And Leah from Ohio opened Café Leah. Finally, a female clerk that a lot of visitors have been asking for! I then visited the Lucky Janus for the raffle, but only won 10th place for some Berry Juice. I then had Alexa from Ontario open up Alexa's Antiques. I then directed many other visitors to all the shops, and it looks like my Join Avenue is gaining a little more popularity!

I decided to try out Alex Fitness. I took my Grimer there for some training, and Alex really helped it to gain some special defense. As a reward, I treated it to a Friendly Lunch over at Deli Leah. I think these shops are going to be more useful than I initially expected!

And back at the Pokémon Center, I was awarded with 3 more medals, all related to Join Avenue! This brings my total up to 48/65:
New Guide
Elite Guide
Shop Starter

I also took a ride on the Royal Unova this evening, and found all the trainers.

November 28, 2012

Dream World: Eelektross. Found: Ekans with Dark Pulse; Phanpy with Heavy Slam.

I spent some time at Join Avenue, and it went up a rank. With this rank, there is now a nurse there to treat my Pokémon. I also took Grimer to Alex Fitness again to work on its special defense, and gave it a Friendly Drink at Deli Leah. Then we went out to the Desert Resort entrance to train. I had my Grimer battle any wild Darumaka or Sandile we came across to help improve its attack power.

November 29, 2012

Dream World 2: Vaporeon; gained a level. Found: red Basculin with Agility.

Coming back from the Dream World caused a lot of people to visit Join Avenue! I had Grimer train at Alex Fitness twice, Ben Mart became Ben's Shop, I won a Full Heal from Lucky Janus, and all my shops gained popularity!

-Join Avenue Status Update
•Avenue Rank – 5
1.Dream * Janus (Lottery) Rank 2
2.Ben's Shop (Market) Rank 5
3.Alex Fitness (Dojo) Rank 2
4.Deli Leah (Café) Rank 2
5.Alexa's Antiques Rank 3

Last edited:

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2012
So it's been so long since I've posted here and so much has happened in my adventures! I'll try to sum it up pretty quickly then my next posts will be pretty detailed. So last time I had a couple of pokemon and I was looking at others pokemon and a lot of people had the same setup as I had. I like being different and original so I decided to become a trainer of a certain type of pokemon and I chose fighting dual types.
croagunk.gif
heracross.gif
chimchar.gif
shroomish.gif
ralts.gif
dratini.gif

made a dragonite my hm slave! (Boss slave right? lol) I went through all of my old games, made eggs, and traded them to my white 2. I EV trained all of them and while I was ev training I ran across a shiny purrloin! Of course I caught it and it's sitting comfortably in my pc box!

proof.jpg

otherproof.jpg

medal.jpg

I've defeated all of the gym leaders and the new/old team plasma or whatever you want to call them and i'm on the way to the elite four. My Join Avenue is at lv 7 with the title secret avenue. I have 56 medals and i'm currently working on finishing my team's movesets and hold items. I haven't captured any legendaries yet. After I finished the elite four I'm going to go on a legendary hunt! :D So right now it's on my to do list! So there is my quick summary I'll go into more detail with the next ones I promise! Here is my team as of now:

gallade.gif

Psycho (Gallade)
Lv. 53 Naive
Leaf Blade
Zen Headbutt
Drain Punch
Night Slash

infernape.gif

Trunks (Infernape)
Lv. 55 Adamant
ThunderPunch
U-turn
Close Combat
Flame Wheel

breloom.gif

Shroomy (Breloom)
Lv. 52 Brave
Drain Punch
Mach Punch
Seed Bomb
Spore

heracross.gif

Kross (Heracross)
Lv. 52 Impish
Facade
Close Combat
Megahorn
Aerial Ace

toxicroak.gif

Zitz (Toxicroak)
Lv. 53 Gentle
Ice Punch
Drain Punch
Poison Jab
Sucker Punch

dragonite.gif

Rook (Dragonite)
Lv. 58 Rash
Fly
Surf
Strength
Dragon Dance

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2013
Ok! I started over and now I'm starting this. It's going to be like I'm actually in the game and my Pokemon are gonna have personalities and whatnot. So lets get started!

It was a mild Winter morning. My mom was out at the Pokemart buying some food and stuff, when she came in excitedly yelling that some "Professor Juniper" was going to give me a Pokedex. She told me to find a girl with a big green hat. So i went outside to look, then David comes and talks about him being bored and he decides to come along with me. We find Bianca, and then she talks about the Pokedex and blah blah blah, then gives me a Tepig! My first Pokemon! I'll call him Spider Pig. (Lol) Then I get my pokedex. Then just as I'm about to leave, David's like OMG I WANT A POKEDEX So Bianca gives him one. Then David challenges me to a battle. So I spam Tackles until I win and then Bianca takes me to the Pokemon center and tutorials tutorials tutorials until I'm by myself on Route 19. I'm just walking along with my Tepig (Who is very quirky) and some suicidal man jumps of a cliff almost landing on my fricken head. His name is Alder. He likes Pokemon apparently. And now while I was playing with Tepig we walked into Flocessy Town without even noticing! And Alder sees me playing with Tepig. Alder approves.

The end for now!

OffRoadSP

Years
Turn-it, congrats on the shiny Purrloin!

November 30, 2012

To start off the morning, I received a new medal, making me just one medal away from 50:
Easy Cycling

Next, I decided to finally rotate my Pokémon. I sent Lucario, Skitty, and Drifloon to Professor Juniper and had her send me Growlithe, Swablu, Shuckle, and my Eevee that I caught in a Timer Ball. I then stopped by Professor Fennel's lab in Castelia City and dropped off my Jolteon to eventually travel to the Dream World. I was talking to Fennel for a bit, and she said that she had heard a group of wild Slakoth wandered into the Dreamyard near Striaton City. There's a Musharna that appears in the Dreamyard every Friday, and when it saw the Slakoth invading its territory, it used its Dream Mist on them.

Dream World: Haxorus. Found: Lunatone that knows Moonlight; Onix that knows Stealth Rock.

In my following journey through the Dream World with Jolteon, we visited a lot of other trainers' Dream Islands in hopes to draw them to Join Avenue. Also, we found the Slakoth that Fennel mentioned in the Dream Park. We were able to snap them out of the Dream with us when we awoke.

I also used the Dream Radar to see what I could find. Among the usual things, I finally found a Fire Stone, which I need for one of my Eevee.

I then went to Join Avenue to check out all the new visitors. Angi from Germany wanted to open a flower shop, so Florist Angi debuted on the street today! And thanks to the many visitors, the whole avenue went up a rank, and became known as "Secret Avenue."

December 1, 2012

I started off on Join Avenue, and Dream Janus went up a rank! I still only won Berry Juice in the raffle, though.

Then I went out to Route 4 near the Desert Resort to do some training, and to hopefully find a Sandshrew to catch. I then remembered I had the Fire Stone I found yesterday. Both my Growlithe and my Eevee looked excited when they saw it. "Not yet," I told my Growlithe, and used it to evolve Eevee into Flareon!

"Flareon, the Flame Pokémon, and an evolved form of Eevee. Flareon store inhaled air in a flame sac in their bodies. This air is then heated to an intense fire that reached over 3,000 degrees Fahrenheit."

182. Flareon
Spr_5b_136.png

Back at the Pokémon Center in Castelia City, I was award another medal. Since it was my 50th medal, I was told to go to the Medal Office here in town for a special reward. So I went to the Medal Office, and was awarded yet another medal, and my rank in the Medal Rally was increased to Rookie Rank! I was given yet another medal to signify that. I now have 52/69 medals:
Pass Power ↑↑
Participation Prize
Rookie Medalist

I did a little more training outside the Desert Resort before I went to sleep, and I finally found a Sandshrew! I had Swablu Peck at it a few times, then sing it to sleep, and then a Poké Ball caught it easily.

183. Sandshrew
Spr_5b_027.png

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I caught N's Pokémon in Chargestone Cave (yes, all of them), beat Skyla and explored the Strange House. I kinda wish that breeding was available pre-National Dex because there's some breeding that I need to do real badly, like breeding the 2 Solosis I caught in the Strange House for good IVs. I'm currently exploring Reversal Mountain with Bianca.

Current team:

Samurott, male, level 46
-Cut
-Megahorn
-Surf
-Aqua Tail
Nature: Hardy

Magnezone, level 40
-Thunder Wave
-Flash
-Electro Ball
-Flash Cannon
Ability: Magnet Pull

Genesect, level 40
-Techno Blast
-Magnet Bomb
-Flame Charge
-Signal Beam
Nature: Mild

Krookodile, female, level 40
-Crunch
-Rock Slide
-Torment
-Dig
Ability: Moxie

Braviary, male, level 40
-Strength
-Fly
-Rock Smash
-Aerial Ace
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Defiant

Fraxure, male, level 40
-Dragon Dance
-Dig
-False Swipe
-Dragon Claw
Ability: Mold Breaker

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
- I just have been beaten by the Nimbasa city's gym leader
- Now i'm training my pokemons specially my Sandile in the route 5.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
A bit late to writing an entry since I'm already heading toward the Elite Four. I think this is my eighth or ninth time through but I've yet to actually do everything. Just added the last member to my party (Vulpix) which I trained a bit before evolving.

Current team:

Samurott, female, lv. 55 (Torrent)
-Megahorn
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Revenge (Want Superpower, but collecting shards is always too much of a hassle for me)
Nature: Naughty

Lucario, male, lv. 55 (Inner Focus)
-Nasty Plot
-Dark Pulse
-Aura Sphere
-Strength (until I get Dragon Pulse)
Nature: Modest

Cinccino, male, lv. 54 (Skill Link)
-Tail Slap
-Rock Blast
-Wake-Up Slap
-Bullet Seed
Nature: Lonely

(shiny ;)) Gothitelle, female, lv. 54 (Frisk)
-Psychic
-Fake Tears
-Energy Ball
-Shadow Ball
Nature: Relaxed

Zoroark, male, lv. 54 (Illusion)
-Flamethrower
-Shadow Ball
-Night Slash
-Nasty Plot
Nature: Hasty

Ninetales, female, lv. 50 (Flash Fire)
-Will-O-Wisp
-Extrasensory
-Energy Ball
-Flamethrower

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
I managed to make it Driftveil City, Beating Elesa was pretty easy.

Current team

Luxio Lax, Lv 25

Dratini Mild, Lv 29

Wartortle Bold Lv 29

Venusaur, Relaxed, LV 32

Growlithe Sassy, Lv 26

Years
I just beat the PWT Hoenn league with Arcanine, Krookodile and Milotic :p

I was going to challenge my rival in the Team Plasma house in Driftveil city just a few seconds ago but I've decided to not do that and to instead go and work on the Pokedex for a short bit :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back