Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Trading Card Game
Notices

Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 17th, 2014, 09:06 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamaniac View Post
Is there an official thread that keeps a tiered (or non-tiered) list of the current Standard decks? I'm just starting playing after a few years of competitive Magic, and want to see how competitive Poke decks looks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ads_2006 View Post
I am not sure, but maybe going to the deck reviewing sub forum would be your best bet

http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=115
Unfortunately, there is no list kept on PC of what makes up the metagame. As I don't really play competitively due to the distance I'd have to travel to do so, I haven't bothered keeping one up. And even if I did keep a list up, the only thing I'd be doing is basically pilfering the list from other sites due to the fact that, again, I don't currently play competitively (I mostly keep up by what equates to theorymon for the TCG by reading articles by people who do play).

SixPrizes probably has some lists, but what's shown publicly and what's shown to "Underground" subscribers to SixPrizes is a bit different. PokeGym used to have some, but I don't think they still do. PokeBeach might have one, but I rarely visit there so I don't know for certain. Top-tier's in flux anyway due to the release of a new set on the 13th (it won't be available for tournaments until the rotation hits on September 3rd, though, due a new rule stating that sets aren't tournament legal until 21 days after their release) and the upcoming rotation. I can say with certainty that if you choose a fighting type deck, it will probably be viable for the next 3 months, though.

I guess I could quickly compile one based off of what did well at Worlds and then confer with people here who play as to what should go where in our upcoming format rotation.
Old August 18th, 2014, 10:26 AM
Aquamaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
Unfortunately, there is no list kept on PC of what makes up the metagame. As I don't really play competitively due to the distance I'd have to travel to do so, I haven't bothered keeping one up. And even if I did keep a list up, the only thing I'd be doing is basically pilfering the list from other sites due to the fact that, again, I don't currently play competitively (I mostly keep up by what equates to theorymon for the TCG by reading articles by people who do play).

SixPrizes probably has some lists, but what's shown publicly and what's shown to "Underground" subscribers to SixPrizes is a bit different. PokeGym used to have some, but I don't think they still do. PokeBeach might have one, but I rarely visit there so I don't know for certain. Top-tier's in flux anyway due to the release of a new set on the 13th (it won't be available for tournaments until the rotation hits on September 3rd, though, due a new rule stating that sets aren't tournament legal until 21 days after their release) and the upcoming rotation. I can say with certainty that if you choose a fighting type deck, it will probably be viable for the next 3 months, though.

I guess I could quickly compile one based off of what did well at Worlds and then confer with people here who play as to what should go where in our upcoming format rotation.
Thank you! I'll check out a few of these places.
Old August 18th, 2014, 07:43 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamaniac View Post
Thank you! I'll check out a few of these places.
Tell me if you find any! I was looking after posting that and couldn't find any current ones on those sites. :(

I might want to maintain one for here, actually. I think I will. I just have to somehow be able to get my hands on tournament results and decklists in order to be able to base statistics off of them.
Old August 18th, 2014, 11:22 PM
Raikou
bolt-action thunder

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
I can say with certainty that if you choose a fighting type deck, it will probably be viable for the next 3 months, though.

One deck that was absolutely amazing and quite popular is the Virizion/Genesect deck. It was all over at Worlds. It seemed like everyone had a couple cards that made their deck unique from the rest. Now, with the new Dragonite EX out and about, I think that's going to start showing up in VirGen decks because of it's ability.

Fighting type is going to make a scene, too. Furious Fists has a lot of great fighting type cards. There's also Landorus EX from Boundaries Crossed (which seems like everyone is trying to get their hands on it), it deals 30 damage to the active and to one benched for just one energy. Now, add muscle band, strong energy, and that new stadium which I have forgotten the name of, and you get a whopping 120 damage for just one energy. I haven't really experimented with any of the new EXs in Furious Fists aside from Dragonite, so I can't really say if they'll be good or not.

Yveltal EX is a pretty common sight in pretty much any deck due to it's Evil Ball attack, doing 20 plus 20 for each energy attached to both active pokemon.

There's a lot of other decks floating around. I'll take a gander this Thursday when I go to league and post what I see.

| tumblr | dragons | 5198-2567-3811 |
Old August 22nd, 2014, 08:22 PM
ads_2006

when did the full art cards start coming out?
Old August 22nd, 2014, 08:40 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ads_2006 View Post
when did the full art cards start coming out?
As alternate prints? Black & White. In general, I think the first of the full arts were the LEGEND pieces from the HGSS sets.
Old September 20th, 2014, 01:23 PM
RandomHype
Explosive Explosion

Can Eevee FUF evolve first turn? Or is there an error on PTCGO

I'M GOING TO THE POKEMON LEAGUE AND I'M GONNA WIN!
Old September 20th, 2014, 08:16 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomHype View Post
Can Eevee FUF evolve first turn? Or is there an error on PTCGO
It looks like it can indeed evolve on its first turn in play.
Old September 24th, 2014, 04:27 PM
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet
How is best to store your cards? I have a lot in a binder atm. I think 4 sets total, I have in there. Not sure if I should get smaller binders and split the sets to better protect the cards or not.

I already keep them upright at all times and all super rare cards go in their own harder toploaders.
Shiny Value 275 if anyone needs it pm me
Old September 24th, 2014, 06:18 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

It really depends on your constraints. Binders are more protective than using longboxes alone, but using longboxes and the hard plastic toploaders in combination probably offers the most protection, though that gets expensive extremely fast when compared to using 3-ring binders, 9-card pages, and cheaper toploader sleeves.
Old September 24th, 2014, 06:27 PM
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet
Thanks, I'll grab some ring binders and split the sets up. Rather than keep them all in same binder. Having 4 full sets in 1 binder makes me worried about damage. So I'll split them into binders for each set.
Shiny Value 275 if anyone needs it pm me
Old September 24th, 2014, 08:06 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

4 full sets in one binder makes me wonder how the binder hasn't fallen apart yet.
Old 4 Days Ago, 03:39 AM
bhboehlert

Is pokemon tcg coming to iPhone? I don't have an iPad but I want to play it on my mobile device. Thanks
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links