• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
That was the general idea, like I am probably going to choose Cloud Strife (FF7, preferably Advent Children style) and I would have super-soldier abilities and weild the Fusion Sword. But at the same time I would still have my derpy personality and mediocre level of attractiveness.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
Yay so If that roleplay was accepted, would you accept my socially awkward hyperactive crazy me with a sword that when drawn I spew out blue flames and become half demon?? - It's from blue exorcist - great anime I would recommend to anyone!

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Well, it depends on your SU. Haha. Just so you guys know, I'm not going to ask for a History, since this will based off of our real selves, and I don't want to be creepy. And I will probably put a picture of myself as my appearance, just to say, "Hey, this is a roleplay and I am a character inside of it." or something like that. Names, all I ask is First. As I will probably do.

Please remember that this is just a general idea.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
See, what I'm thinking of three possible ways to put this:

1: The world of Pokecommunity, with Skymin being the name of God, and Swifty being Jesus, with a threat approaching
well im flattered... i think. haha. i think id be a pretty lousy God considering how i play Sims.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
well im flattered... i think. haha. i think id be a pretty lousy God considering how i play Sims.
You're a pretty lazy GM, so I could see you being an even lazier god. XD

Example:

"Guys, there is a threat. Go uh, fight it and, yeah."

Yeah, so we'd pretty much all die.

Although, I'm totally up for dying as a result of Skymin's laziness. I'm far lazier than she is, so . . . yeah, I'd probably just die from pure laziness. Sounds fun. Let's do it.

I'm hoping to post my roleplay within the next week or two, but, of course, being me, I have a couple hundred more roleplay ideas everyday, so I'm already thinking towards my next roleplay after the one that I'll already be posting.

We haven't had one in a while, so what does everyone think about a Percy Jackson roleplay? (I started reading Mark of Athena, so of course I got the urge to roleplay it out as a demigod. Pfft)

The roleplay I have in mind, though, wouldn't really follow the storyline of Percy Jackson. It might have some tie-ins, and there'd be references to things such as Camp Half-Blood and Camp Jupiter, but it would otherwise be its own. I'm thinking something post-apocalyptic, most of the humans on the planet having been wiped out, and many of the gods having fallen from power. There'd be a new ruling force (probably Titans or something) and a bunch of monsters and stuffs. It would include children of Greek, Roman, and Egyptian deities (and, if we want to get creative, perhaps add in even more that Rick Riordan has yet to cover. Norse demigods, anyone?). Basically we'd all be demigods (and maybe a few humans, if that's what you feel like) that have been charged with the task to save the world, because the gods suck and are pretty much powerless to do anything on their own.

Thoughts?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I wanna know, would anyone be interested in a FF7 RP?
Is that the one where they sneak into a large company and live in sectors and ride trains and stuff? In that case I think I've played it but not finished it, and I loved the strange setting so it could be cool to see a RP about it if you explain enough haha. If I'm thinking about the wrong game, sorry :x

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Is that the one where they sneak into a large company and live in sectors and ride trains and stuff? In that case I think I've played it but not finished it, and I loved the strange setting so it could be cool to see a RP about it if you explain enough haha. If I'm thinking about the wrong game, sorry :x
You got it right! I'm still thinking the concept with hereto, just wanted to know if anyone was interested.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
I love you guys, I seriously couldn't stop laughing for quite a while probably because some idiot was imitating my laugh with a very high voice and it only made me laugh harder…

Don't worry, Skymin. In the sims i'm the kind of god who gets something to drink, comes back and finds out that the entire family died because they burned their own house down.

But this is the RPD Thread so let's talk about something related to RPing.

Would anyone like a Devil Survivor RP? second time I ask this

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
Don't worry, Skymin. In the sims i'm the kind of god who gets something to drink, comes back and finds out that the entire family died because they burned their own house down.

But this is the RPD Thread so let's talk about something related to RPing.

Would anyone like a Devil Survivor RP? second time I ask this

I once played sims, made a party, and then an idiot NPC stood in front of the oven, which began to burst into flames while it was being careless. No one could extinguish the fire because he wouldn't move. Plus some other douche NPCs wouldn't move from the front and only door, so they were all panicking over the fact that they would all die. They did, the entire house burned down, and the only survivor was the only guy in the neighborhood who wasn't invited to the party. Every day afterwards, he'd walk over to where the house was, and then he cried all day long over all the tombs of dead sims lying around.

It all happened while I was asleep. I never played sims afterwards.

... Aaaaanyways. Mind if I ask what Devil Survivor is Nami? ALso basic plot and the ever so classic drill and gist of things :?

See, what I'm thinking of three possible ways to put this:

1: The world of Pokecommunity, with Skymin being the name of God, and Swifty being Jesus, with a threat approaching

2. Kinda like Smash Brothers, with each person choosing a character they would like to have the powers of, not necessarily Nintendo. (Can be anything, be it Final Fantasy, Halo, Dragon Ball, etc.)

3. The real world is being threatened by a malevolent force, and teenagers/college students from around the world gather together to defeat it with powers of their own. (The teenagers/college students being us)

Maybe you could do a mixture of several traits of the above? Like, set it in a parallel world where instead of God and Jesus there's Skymin and Swifty. Then you have the threat approach, which somehow triggers the appearing of random powers on le random people (aka us). Then they all meet up and do random fight shenanigans?

Although you'd need to regulate OPness from them powers. Plus it'd be a bit weird to have peeps going Saiyan and some others using Flandre Scarlet's attacks whilst others watch stuff with an Iris Zero and the rest go all HADOUKEN.

Actually, that sounds pretty awesome x3
Although one thing to worry would be having stuff being to, uh, personal. Asking for a first name? What about those who would die before revealing their name and/or would rather kill their name with fire before using it in an RP?

Or maybe it can be allowed by the mods as long as it's the ONLY real personal detail (along with age and maybe gender?) in the SU? I mean, people could promise, but will they really make themselves as a character without exaggerating on a trait? And then maybe some people will go full on WERCH ME RP AS MYSELF and reveal loads of personal info? o.o So, yeah, go figure...

That RP sounds incredibly intriguing and could be totally awesome, but I feel like it needs some more planning... And by that I mean A LOT of planning.

Now prepare to be spammed with VMs and PMs from myself asking to help :D

Years
@Heretostay - That sounds intriguing... I have to admit though, I'd probably lie about my name. I hate revealing personal details like that on the Internet.

Anyway. If Novia and Midnight don't see some more action and new members in the next few days I'm going to ask the mods to close them. So if you find either of them sounds interesting to you I suggest that you sign-up or at least make a reservation before it is too late.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Advertisment/Redirectory:

Info: Sandbox Roleplay currently set in the region of Kanto, you are a new trainer in the "Trainer" rush with plenty of people rushing to become a trainer and battle the elite four but only the best of the best will actually get there and maybe it might be your character, once the Indigo Plateau is defeated the Roleplay will move onto the rest of the Pokemon world even Kalos, join in!

SU status: Open forever

Info: Journey Roleplay set in the digital world and on the island called File Island, you are one of the tamers that Tai Kamiya (main character from the tv shows first season) has requested to meet, I have tried to make it as simple as possible so you only need to look at pictures to understand what digimon are what and so on.

SU Status: Open

image_thumb98.png

Info: Sandbox Roleplay set in Earthland's region of Fiore (the region that the anime is set in) You are a wizard who has just joined a guild or already is in one, you will complete missions on the bulliten board until a story related quest will pop up.

SU Status: Nul, not accepted yet.

Last edited:

Sapphire Rose

Years
EliteBeats- Yeaahhh… sometimes it seems like that every sim actually LIKES to be burned down because they keep doing so when you leave for just a short time (or go to sleep). Could it be that the makers programmed them like that to troll with us? xD

Devil survivor will technically be a short RP. It will have 7/8/9 IC days.
The RP will be about an attack on earth by the demons. Each day a very strong invader called a " Septentrione" will attack the barriers in Japan that were made several centuries ago to protect the humans from the demons. The humans will have to prove that they are worth of existing and need to survive those seven days, the last day being called "judgement day".

Before all of this that happened someone created an app called "Nicaea". With this app people can watch "dead clips" of their friends on a dead face delivery site. At first everyone thinks that this is just some funny and weird site… until they find out that the dead clips are real and that they are actually being shown how they will REALLY die. After their deaths they get an option. Do you choose to live? If you say no then you'll die. If you say yes then the Nicaea app gets another option called "demon summoning". Everyone will receive some demons and with those demons they have to survive judgement day.

If the humans fail at surviving then their whole existence will be erased and deleted… as if they never existed and earth will be erased as well.

Ofcourse there is an organization who knew that this would come for centuries. In the RP you will be one of the demon summoners who was forced to join this organization. Together you have to save earth and humanity from being erased.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
EliteBeats- Yeaahhh… sometimes it seems like that every sim actually LIKES to be burned down because they keep doing so when you leave for just a short time (or go to sleep). Could it be that the makers programmed them like that to troll with us? xD

Devil survivor will technically be a short RP. It will have 7/8/9 IC days.
The RP will be about an attack on earth by the demons. Each day a very strong invader called a " Septentrione" will attack the barriers in Japan that were made several centuries ago to protect the humans from the demons. The humans will have to prove that they are worth of existing and need to survive those seven days, the last day being called "judgement day".

Before all of this that happened someone created an app called "Nicaea". With this app people can watch "dead clips" of their friends on a dead face delivery site. At first everyone thinks that this is just some funny and weird site… until they find out that the dead clips are real and that they are actually being shown how they will REALLY die. After their deaths they get an option. Do you choose to live? If you say no then you'll die. If you say yes then the Nicaea app gets another option called "demon summoning". Everyone will receive some demons and with those demons they have to survive judgement day.

If the humans fail at surviving then their whole existence will be erased and deleted… as if they never existed and earth will be erased as well.

Ofcourse there is an organization who knew that this would come for centuries. In the RP you will be one of the demon summoners who was forced to join this organization. Together you have to save earth and humanity from being erased.

Or you could go with a similar plot to the first Devil Survivor game in which each person would have to make the choices with whom they side: Either the Demons, Humans or Angels. In both instances, there is really only one chosen one to face Polaris/Babel which I guess you could do with all the RPers, but then it kinda defeats the point of the games/anime. It's the idea of which moral side you stand on which sets the games, which does give characters a degree of movement within the RP, squishing that down to one organisation or the single path they took in the anime again, kinda defeats the point. Devil Survivor RPs have been done before, but they are fairly difficult to implement. They could make for an interesting RP, but that would have to allow people to make their own choices in who they fight for, opening it up for even more character development. It just takes it away from the general linear path game-based RPs tend to have.

Sapphire Rose

Years
Or you could go with a similar plot to the first Devil Survivor game in which each person would have to make the choices with whom they side: Either the Demons, Humans or Angels. In both instances, there is really only one chosen one to face Polaris/Babel which I guess you could do with all the RPers, but then it kinda defeats the point of the games/anime. It's the idea of which moral side you stand on which sets the games, which does give characters a degree of movement within the RP, squishing that down to one organisation or the single path they took in the anime again, kinda defeats the point. Devil Survivor RPs have been done before, but they are fairly difficult to implement. They could make for an interesting RP, but that would have to allow people to make their own choices in who they fight for, opening it up for even more character development. It just takes it away from the general linear path game-based RPs tend to have.

I won't change that every demon summoner was forced to join this organization but ofcourse the RPers would get a chance to choose a side. I never said that the RPers had to STAY in this organization. I would imagine that plenty would leave once they find out what JP's true goal is.

I won't spoil anything more d:

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Maybe you could do a mixture of several traits of the above? Like, set it in a parallel world where instead of God and Jesus there's Skymin and Swifty. Then you have the threat approach, which somehow triggers the appearing of random powers on le random people (aka us). Then they all meet up and do random fight shenanigans?

Although you'd need to regulate OPness from them powers. Plus it'd be a bit weird to have peeps going Saiyan and some others using Flandre Scarlet's attacks whilst others watch stuff with an Iris Zero and the rest go all HADOUKEN.

Actually, that sounds pretty awesome x3
Although one thing to worry would be having stuff being to, uh, personal. Asking for a first name? What about those who would die before revealing their name and/or would rather kill their name with fire before using it in an RP?

Or maybe it can be allowed by the mods as long as it's the ONLY real personal detail (along with age and maybe gender?) in the SU? I mean, people could promise, but will they really make themselves as a character without exaggerating on a trait? And then maybe some people will go full on WERCH ME RP AS MYSELF and reveal loads of personal info? o.o So, yeah, go figure...

That RP sounds incredibly intriguing and could be totally awesome, but I feel like it needs some more planning... And by that I mean A LOT of planning.

Now prepare to be spammed with VMs and PMs from myself asking to help :D

...*mind explodes with advice*

These are very valid points xD Less personal detail is indeed a good thing, as my recently enlightened mind has decided. If anybody would like to help, I would apprecitate it.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
Soooo since I just started playing LoL I started reading up some stuff and the lore seems really cool and big... Has anyone ever tried a Leauge of Legends RP or something like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back