• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Z-moves in the Anime.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Of course it's gonna happen, no doubt. Z-moves will probably be a major component in the show. I wanna discuss them, so let's have fun! So far, Pikachu has a Z-move in the anime already, as trailers show. So... here goes. Please use the spoiler tag if you're posting spoilers.

Starting discussion:

How do you think z moves will work in the anime?

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
Years
Z-moves are Oozing with Sentai (Power Ranger) and Masked Rider Influence, So it would be safe to assume that these moves would probably come at the peek of a fights climax. Ending it in one flashy move, and massive explosion.

some examples of kamen rider / Sentai poses (They do this before a finishing move or before they transform :D)
Spoiler:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I also think they will be used near the end of a battle. Some people might use them too early and end up losing. I am sure Ash will probably do that a few times. I guess it will be one of the battle rules to allow them to finish their dance. Unless it can be stopped in the anime.

Tierno would have been great at using Z-Moves :P

I am wondering if Pikachu will get the exclusive Pikachu one. The dance seems to be based on the costume pikachu dance to an extent. But from what we have seen, it looks like Pikachu could be using the Normal Type Z Move, but then again, we do not know if the Z-Moves are a 5th Attack or not. If it does replace an attack, it will probably replace Quick Attack.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
I think they'll be used as a finishing move for important battles, with Ash using them at the start of the battle to begin with. He blasts through a decent amount of trainers before he struggles with someone that is ready and tries to think of ways to beat that person before coming to the conclusion to wait until the perfect moment to use the Z-Move.

At least that's what I hope. I also hope that Eevee makes an appearance somewhere. Kinda wishing Serena didn't evolve her Eevee (if YouTube is right when constantly bombarding me with Serena4Alola).

Catastropika needs to make an appearance alongside Gigavolt Havoc. Heck I would love it if Ash constantly switched between the two because both offered something unique. Or have him experiment with a lot of Z-moves (this will probably fall to the companions/rivals though).

zeno101200

The Wanderer
Years
I'd love to see Catastropika, as it's easily one my favorite Z-Move currently. But like Cid said above, it's probably something that will only be used in the climax of a battle, maybe even similar to Ash-Greninja and how that works, only with one move instead (or an extended time with a big power boost as well? Who knows.) Heck, the way the anime works, we'll probably end up seeing one of Ash's other Pokemon, or even Pikachu getting (another) unique Z-move for the anime. Makes me wonder if they'll continue the Ash-Greninja thing, or focus on another party member a lot. I'd like to see a fourth addition to Ash's main partners (Pikachu/Charizard/Greninja), and if there is one, they might just get their own Z-move.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 17, 2016
Probably Z-moves will be used at the end of the Pokémon battles or in desperate situations.
The kids who watch the Pokémon anime may like doing these Z-moves in their rooms. I guess the people behind Pokémon want kids to practice dancing with their Pokémon toys and games. They want kids to enjoy remembering how to do the Z-moves.
Z-moves are similar to the Yokai watch dances. I saw young and old people imitating the dances of Yokai watch on YouTube.

Back