• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Maractus, Chatot, Pachirisu, Dunsparce, Corsola, Luvdisc, Carbink and an evolution for Male Combee. They're just my personal requests but I definitely feel like it would be good to have another batch of cross-gen evos. We probably won't get any for this gen, but we've had over 300 new Pokemon since the last lot, some of which could do with an upgrade imo.

I'm also on board for some gen II, III, IV, V, and VI pandering now.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
But we also don't want to decrease the population of standalone Pokémon in the roster. They matter just as much as Pokémon with evolutionary lines.

Years
Like Angie, I'm likely assuming no cross-gen relatives to older Pokemon. Not counting Sylveon last generation (whose purpose was to showcase Fairy-type which was a new feature of 6th Gen) we have had no cross-gen relatives since 4th Gen, so the chances of it returning are extremely slim since 4th Gen's debut was 10 years ago now.

Bobbylicious

Banned
Years
80% of Gen II says hi.

80%?

There were 100 new Pokemon introduced in Gen II. Of those 100, 20 already belong to a three stage family, 20 x 3 = 60, thus that excludes 60 Pokemon from Gen II to get an evolution (meaning only 40% can benefit from evolutions, not 80%). Factor in Legendary Pokemon (6), Eeveelutions (2), Pokemon which received Megas (4 - not including those already part of 3 stage evolutinary lines), and that brings the total up to 72. Meaning only 28% of Pokemon from Gen II can "benefit" from an evoltuion, as 72% of them are near impossible to get one. Add in Unown, a Pokemon who is very unlikely to get an evolution, and that brings it up to 73, thus only 27% of Gen II Pokemon are able to "benefit" from an evolution, ant not 80% as you said :P

Maractus, Chatot, Pachirisu, Dunsparce, Corsola, Luvdisc, Carbink and an evolution for Male Combee. They're just my personal requests but I definitely feel like it would be good to have another batch of cross-gen evos. We probably won't get any for this gen, but we've had over 300 new Pokemon since the last lot, some of which could do with an upgrade imo.

IMO I don't think Chatot, Pachi, Dunsparce, or Carbink need them. But I agree with the others. Still, I think they're unlikely to happen, as unfortunate as that may be.

Bobbylicious

Banned
Years
you do know I intentionally exaggerated to make a point, and that I'm completely aware of these things that you mentioned, right? You took it quite literally. :P

The point was, a decent chunk of Gen II would very much appreciate a cross-gen evolution of some sort. That's just about it.
Yes, which was why I added the quite apparent joking :P face on the end of my pots?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Too bad that Jynx didn't got an evolution with Electabuzz and Magmar, same for Mr. Mime, it's like both got left out after they got their babies over Electabuzz and Magmar. Even Rhyhorn got an Evolution similar to Electabuzz and Magmar.

blue

gucci
Years
Here's a leak that I would really like to be true, but alas..

Spoiler:

Source - http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/28780707/magikarp-boat-will-take-you-to-the-kanto-resort

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
^ Then you better hope Game Freak gives Litten a split Su/Mo evo or something cause otherwise I'm fairly sure that leak is going to be true.
What will be the point if Ash ends up with the ugly one ???

Honestly , I believe Rowlet Evo to be different then any owl.
Just like Torchic didn't has to be a chicken despite being based on a Chick and we already have an Owl as big as Charizard .
I hoping for Rowlet evo to get more humanoid form compare to that lack , Specially a design that allow him to turn his head 360o degree .
Maybe, Rowlet evo should be based on a priest since Owl represents wisdom.
Something like Chronomon Holy mode --
latest

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021

Spoiler:

Source - http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/28780707/magikarp-boat-will-take-you-to-the-kanto-resort

It seems really awkward to me how it starts off with Pokemon bringing you to their respective regions but then it ends up with a Whiscash taking you to Sinnoh and a Wailord (why on earth a Wailord?) taking you to Unova.

You'd think Lumineon and Basculin boats would be more appropriate. (or at least some kind of 4th/5th gen Pokemon...it's not like the 5th generation has a lack of Pokemon to choose from)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I get the impression that it's more like a sort of town made up of house boats....and maybe one or two of the boats will bring you somewhere special.

blue

gucci
Years
Yeah, to me it looks like the majority of the boats will serve as houses with the exception of one or two transporting you to and from islands. It's a shame too because the multi-regional resorts would have been a great throwback to each region.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
Years

Spoiler:

Sounds like my dream but it just seems unrealistic, especially with the protagonists and villans being there. Also why Lisia and Arrune but no Zinnia?

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Here's a leak
Yay!

>Steelix submarine will take you to the Johto resort.
I would totally hop aboard this submarine. It's not like Steelix is weak to water or anything--it's totally safe.

...Wait a second...
There you can battle: ... Eusine, Falkner, Bugsy
5ae.jpg

>Huntail ferry ... Juan, Wallace
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

>Whiscash ferry ... Volner
Volner was my favorite Gyn Leaner!

>Wailord liner will take you to the Unova resort
Wailord is one of my favorite gen 5 Pokémon but I was really hoping their boat would have been a Chandelure submarine.

which unlike others has two islands connected by a bridge. Black island NPCs: Hilbert, Hilda, Cheren, Chili, Cress, Cilan, Lenora, Burgh, Elesa, Clay, Shauntal, Grimsley, Alder, N
White island NPCs: Nate, Rosa, Bianca, Hugh, Roxie, Skyla, Brycen, Drayden, Marlon, Caitlin, Marshall, Iris, Zinzolin, Ghetsis.
Where's Colress? Is he stuck in Unova's PWT? We need to save him!!

>Kalos ... Lysandre,
Oh thank goodness he's alright!

( ͡☉ ͜ʖ̫ ͡☉)

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
The magicarp boat takes to the small island with the rainbow to the south of the island the boats are on. So it's unlikely it takes you to another region, but I like the idea.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 22, 2019

Spoiler:

HNNNNNNG I really wish this leak was real, but I doubt it is. ;~;

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 20, 2016
Where's Colress? Is he stuck in Unova's PWT? We need to save him!!

Perhaps if the idea that Colress is part of the Aether Foundation is true, that could explain. Of course that is under the pretense this leak is real.

Years
So apparently someone has posted these and claimed they are the final evolution forms of the Moon Version.

The Rowlet final evo is just as appealing as the Sun version. I would say both are excellent designs. I love the heavier overcoat and hood in the moon version. It reminds me of Oranguru's lush fur pelt. Not to mention, the cool icy green palette works well with the concept and generally as a Moon design.

I love the Popplio final evo. The pink in the hair, darker palette, and burly collar are a nice counterpart to the supposedly "sun" final evo's concept art. I would be tempted to stick with Popplio in both versions if these are real.

The litten final evolution looks WAY better than the supposed Sun version. I like the red-purple ombre as well as the stocky Sabretooth-like shape.

These seem plausible as concepts since they do not completely deviate from the Concept art yet have unique differences, but there is no evidence to support that they are real. I won't choose one version yet though because this, like most leaks, are more likely to be fake. I like Popplio3 Concept are the most, and I was planning to get Sun anyway. As for these three designs I like Popplio's evolution the most. Though, I like all of them.
1474947385364.png

Bobbylicious

Banned
Years
So apparently someone has posted these and claimed they are the final evolution forms of the Moon Version.

The Rowlet final evo is just as appealing as the Sun version. I would say both are excellent designs. I love the heavier overcoat and hood in the moon version. It reminds me of Oranguru's lush fur pelt. Not to mention, the cool icy green palette works well with the concept and generally as a Moon design.

I love the Popplio final evo. The pink in the hair, darker palette, and burly collar are a nice counterpart to the supposedly "sun" final evo's concept art. I would be tempted to stick with Popplio in both versions if these are real.

The litten final evolution looks WAY better than the supposed Sun version. I like the red-purple ombre as well as the stocky Sabretooth-like shape.

These seem plausible as concepts since they do not completely deviate from the Concept art yet have unique differences, but there is no evidence to support that they are real. I won't choose one version yet though because this, like most leaks, are more likely to be fake. I like Popplio3 Concept are the most, and I was planning to get Sun anyway. As for these three designs I like Popplio's evolution the most. Though, I like all of them.
1474947385364.png
I'd be more inclined to beleive these if they weren't made in MS Paint. They also look really incomplete, and more like their first stage evolutions, rather than their final forms. Not to mention, the Popplio evo literally just looks like a pallet swap from the leaked concept art.

Anyway, I don't believe this, nor do I believe the "split evos depending on your version". They never really reveal the final starter evolutions until the last minute before the games release. If they were going to do this, they would have to reveal them sooner rather than later since version exclusive starters is a pretty big deal, and a good selling point for the games. Someone could have pre-ordered Moon but then say they reveal the exclusive starters 3 days before release, then so many people who want the opposite starter to the version they have already pre-ordered will have to go to the store and change their version. It's really impractical and I doubt it's going to happen.
Not only that, but it seems almost confirmed at this point that that concept art will end up being the starters. I personally find it odd that only half of them would leak, and not the other half.

Obviously, things change and the way Ninty/GF/TPC decide to do things could always change with releases but something as big as version specific starters is something big and, from a marketing POV, they'd want to reveal them soon, and with a month and a half before release, I think they've missed that mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back