• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
Third and FINAL update for Yellow Nuzlocke. This is where it gets exciting, and I become Champion.

Spoiler:

Final Stats and Info:

CHOP (Primeape) Lv.81
-Karate Chop
-Low Kick
-Strength
-Rock Slide

RIP:
BRAVEST (Pidgeot) Lv.51
-Double Edge
-Fly
-Wing Attack
-Swift

QUEEN Lv.50
-Earthquake
-Thunderbolt
-Horn Drill
-Ice Beam

Really fun. I'll try to get back to my Platinum Nuzlocke soon. Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Years
Username: Ravio
Game: X
Optional Rules: Blackout = challenge failure, must nickname all, battle style set, only pokeballs

Update number 1: Started off the game, and went to get that event torchic. Woo, can't wait to meet it at Santalune town! Picked the nickname Tom because I'm lame, and also other nicknames get annoying :( Started off with a Froakie named Gaius! I decided to wait to catch mons until Selena gave me pokeballs, because there's some glitch where you automatically encounter a pidgey two steps into grass on route 2. It's weird. Anyway, I got a zigzagoon on route 2 named Ziggy, and then in the forest got a Pansear who I named Fluff.
On the next route I picked up a Pikachu and named her Pepper, and once in Santalune I finally got my torchic! WHO I THEN REALIZED I COULDN'T NAME. And now can't use since nicknames are a must in the rules I picked. GAH. On route 22 I got a super rad bidoof who I named Ezekial. And then we went on to beat Viola with zero deaths. Yay! Then I ran ahead to get my mon from route 4... Ledyba. This challenge in the kalos region is very anti-kalos pokemon haha

Party
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Box
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
Username: Oshamaru
Game: Platinum
Optional Rules:
-You must nickname all of your Pokemon.
-You may not use/catch legendary Pokémon.
-You must change the battle style to SET.

This is my first time doing one...I think I'll post an update tomorrow.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Ok, since I forgot to post progress last time, I'll do it now.

Username: Feraligatr13
Game: Blue
Optional rules: SET, black/white out = game over, no legendaries, only Poke Balls nicknames aren't necessary, Dupes clause

Progress

Badges: 0
Pokemon: 2
Dead: 1

Gameplay:
Spoiler:

In party:
Spoiler:

Boxed:
Spoiler:

RIP:
Spoiler:

Alright, until next time.

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
I think I'll add 2 other optional rules: Only use Poké Balls and not catching duplicates
Anyway, here's my progress report:

-Started with Piplup (male), who I named Cobalt. Rival spammed Withdraw with Turtwig, but I made it.
-Route 202 catch: Bidoof (male), named Pat.
-Battled Rival again, who spammed Withdraw AGAIN, but I made it without any losses. Route 203 catch: Starly (female), named Jolene.
-Oreburgh Gate catch: Psyduck (female), named Bridgette. I barely made it through the cave, everyone was in the red.
-Route 207 catch: Geodude (male), named Grant.
-I didn't catch anything in Oreburgh Mine, the first Pokémon was a duplicate. I grinded afterwards.
-Beat Roark, Coal Badge get! But Bridgette didn't make it. She died due to a critical hit from Cranidos.

Well, this is going better than I expected. I may post another update later.

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
Okay, here's another update:

-Fought Galactic Grunts in Jubilife
-Route 24 catch: Shinx (female), named Electra
-Valley Windworks catch: None because of duplicate
-Beat the Grunt at the Windworks. Beat the Grunts at Floaroma, but lost Electra
-Jolene evolved while grinding
-Beat Mars without any losses

Party:
Spoiler:

In Box:
Spoiler:

RIP:
Spoiler:

Well, that's all for now.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Okay, I got another update:

-Floaroma Meadow catch: Burmy (female), named Ellen. (I AM allowed to catch Pokémon in Honey Trees...Right?)
-Cobalt evolved
-Route 205 catch: Budew (female) named Scarlet. (I didn't realize I wasn't in Valley Windworks anymore until I checked the map)
-Eterna Forest catch: None. I didn't know what to do in double wild battles, but I just thought that you could catch any of the first pair. It was a Gastly and a Wurmple. I wanted the Gastly, but it used Curse twice, causing it to faint, and Cheryl beat the Wurmple...
-Beat Gardenia without any losses
-Ellen evolved
-Beat Jupiter, BUT I lost Grant

Party:
Spoiler:

In Box:
Spoiler:

RIP:
Spoiler:

Hopefully I don't lose anyone in the next update.

Last edited:

BaroNight

Chaos Incarnate
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 18, 2014
5th Update:
Spoiler:

So is Ghetsis the final stop? Or should I still fight Alder?

My team:
Spoiler:

Boxed:
Spoiler:

Deaths:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
Ugh! I didn't realize that you could still switch-out Pokemon when you are on SET mode!

So many Pokemon got killed for my mistake :(

Anvils Alive

Fun is infinite. Sega Enterprises.
Years
Maybe I'll try my hand at this site's section of the Nuz-woods.

Username: Anvils Alive
Game: White
Optional rules:
- Nickname all of your Pokémon
- Shiny Pokémon can be caught and used, no matter when you encounter them
- Last number of ID determines starter; 1-3 is Snivy, 4-6 is Tepig, 7-9 is Oshawott, and 0 means you can choose whatever you like
- Gifts don't count toward the first encounter

Movement 1
Spoiler:

No badges were collected yet.

Pokémon: 2
Spoiler:

Dead: 1
Spoiler:

---
Movement 2
Spoiler:

Badges
Spoiler:

Pokémon: 3
Spoiler:

Dead: 2
Spoiler:

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update #2 on Black Black 2:

Spr_B2W2_Nate.png

50px-Basic_Badge.png
50px-Toxic_Badge.png
50px-Insect_Badge.png
50px-Bolt_Badge.png
50px-Quake_Badge.png
50px-Jet_Badge.png
50px-Legend_Badge.png

Opelucid City, after Zinzolin froze the city.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Pokemon Encounter Record:
Spoiler:
Team Danny (Current):
503.gif

Otto the Relaxed Samurott, ♂ - L61 @ Expert Belt
Ability: Shell Armor
Moves: Surf, Aqua Jet, Aura Sphere, Blizzard
212.gif

Cutler the Naughty Scizor, ♂ - L60 @ Metal Coat
Ability: Technician
Moves: Bullet Punch, Crabhammer, Bug Bite, Cut
344.gif

Astro the Bashful Claydol - L60 @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Earthquake, Fly, Strength, Cosmic Power
303.gif

Decept the Jolly Mawile, ♂ - L60 @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Moves: Iron Head, ThunderPunch, Ice Punch, Sucker Punch
149.gif

Mira the Brave Dragonite, ♀ - L61 @ Expert Belt
Ability: Multiscale
Moves: Dragon Rush, ExtremeSpeed, Dragon Dance, Ice Punch
593.gif

Stinger the Calm Jellicent, ♂ - L60 @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Shadow Ball, Surf, Rain Dance, Blizzard

Boxed Pokemon:
Spoiler:

R.I.P:
Spoiler:

HoennTM

Will my hack be done soon? Probably not.
Years
Pokemon rijonAdventures X (ROM Hack)

This game is excruciatingly difficult, the 2nd gym (ice) had like level 40 Pokemon.
So the only rules are:
Try not to lose before the 2nd gym. (Yes, this is a rule)
Normal nuzlocke rules apply.

My team before I lost -

Toxic (Venomoth)
LV 44.
Mild Nature.

Altair Jr. (Dodrio)
LV 41
Timid Nature

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
Username: Superstrength79
Character Name: Casey
female.gif

Game: Pokemon Y
Optional Rules:
- Must nickname all Pokemon
- Battle style is SET
- No Super Training (EVs can be earned only by battling wild Pokemon and trainer battles. EV bags are ok as long as the Pokemon found it.)
- No Pokeaime
- Dupes Clause

Current Team:
- Blossom (Oddish, Calm, Chlorophyll, Black Sludge) LVL 42 - Grass Knot/Venoshock/Mega Drain/Toxic
- Quacklin' (Farfetch'd, Jolly, Keen Eye) LVL 53 - Night Slash/Air Slash/Fly/Cut
- Beatty (Cubone, Lax, Lightning Rod, Rocky Helmet) LVL 45 - Bonemerang/Rock Tomb/Headbutt/Swords Dance
- Aurora (Aurorus, Gentle, Refrigerate, Leftovers) LVL 45 - Ancient Power/Avalanche/Aurora Beam/Return
- Thumper (Steelix, Impish, Rock Head, Hard Stone) LVL 51 - Iron Tail/Stone Edge/Strength/Double-Edge
- Punchy (Lucario, Hasty, Steadfast, Lucarionite) LVL 45 - Shadow Claw/Swords Dance/Aura Sphere/Bone Rush

Storage:
Spoiler:

R.I.P.
Spoiler:

Update #7

Rule changes:
1) Decided to allow myself to heal between battles. It's really not worth real-life time to run back to the Pokemon Center.
2) Going to recap my adventures, but I won't do it as if my character were telling a story. Not because I don't think people read it, but I'm going too fast on the challenge to keep it up :)

Route 14:

Aurora evolved after a battle with Calem. Was actually able to take on all of the Pokemon on Route 14 with Aurora, even though I was afraid of the Ground-type attacks that Quagsire would be using (just ran away from them for the time being after I realized fighting them would be a war of attrition). My first Pokemon encountered is a Stunfisk that I named Fiona (after a long, very weird, train-of-thought led me to think of Fiona Apple; a singer). I might end up using it, since I don't have another Electric-type (especially since it can Surf!), but she's in the bank for now.

I didn't have a good advantage against the Laverre City gym, so I pulled Blossom out of the bank and grinded some levels on her. Terry ended up throwing himself in front of a Miltank that was out of control (I went back to Route 12 to start gaining levels) and bit the dust. I wasn't planning on using him anyways, so no loss (I was using him to travel since I didn't want Quacklin' gaining any more levels). Once she was level 25-26, I came back and took my revenge on the Quagsire for some excellent XP. I brought along some banked Pokemon to soak up XP as well.

Took on the gym when Blossom was level 40 and she carried me through most of the trainers. I switched into Beatty when I was facing a Klefki, and just stayed in and did a Swords Dance to take out that trainer's last Pokemon.

Used Punchy to take out the gym leader's Mawile with two Bone Rush attacks and a Aura Sphere. Dropped Mr. Mime with one Shadow Claw. Got Sylveon close to dead a few times, but had to switch when she dropped Punchy to 4 HP (I was lucky it wasn't a crit... took a chance to stay in on her). I switched into Thumper and missed four Iron Tail attacks in a row. Had to use one Super Potion and finally connected with an Iron Tail to one-shot Sylveon.

Overall a good gym run. I'm glad I took the time to level up my Oddish. Gloom was really doing some work! Venoshock + Toxic is just brutal against the Fairy-type :)

Years
So long story short, I lost. Route 6 is surprisingly full of pain. I was trying to train up the espurr I had just caught, and so I was facing trainers. One had a volbeat, who was annoying as all hell with double team, moonlight, and confuse ray spam. I had to use a bunch of potions but everything was fine. Then on the other side of route 6, there was a double battle. I figured I would skip it, so Lux (espurr) wouldn't have to switch out if things got gnarly, so I went on and fought other trainers. Then I went back and it was a double battle... with furfrous. And when I thought I had whittled one down, they used a super potion, and then continued headbutting my entire team to death. :(

SO rest in peace Gaius the frogadier, Lux the espurr, Pedro the gogoat, Ziggy the zigzagoon and Ezekial the bidoof I never used.

I may start up another x nuzlocke, but we'll see.

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
I finally have another update:

-Received Cynthia's egg
-Pat evolved
-Route 206 catch: Gligar (male), named Heath
-Wayward Cave catch: Zubat (female), named Amelia
-Cleared Wayward Cave
-Mt. Coronet catch: None (I ran out of PokéBalls...)
-Route 208 catch: None (Duplicate)
-Got Bebe's Eevee (male), named it Phyll
-The egg hatched and got Togepi (female), named Mist
-Grinded a little, went for Fantina, got badge
-Beat Barry

Party:
Spoiler:

In Box:
Spoiler:

RIP:
Spoiler:

AND I actually didn't lose anyone.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
Username: Superstrength79
Character Name: Casey
female.gif

Game: Pokemon Y
Optional Rules:
- Must nickname all Pokemon
- Battle style is SET
- No Super Training (EVs can be earned only by battling wild Pokemon and trainer battles. EV bags are ok as long as the Pokemon found it.)
- No Pokeaime
- Dupes Clause

Current Team:
- Blossom (Vileplume, Calm, Chlorophyll, Black Sludge) LVL 51 - Dazzling Gleam/Petal Blizzard/Giga Drain/Toxic
- Beatty (Cubone, Lax, Lightning Rod, Rocky Helmet) LVL 52 - Bone Rush/Swords Dance/Headbutt/Rock Tomb
- Aurora (Aurorus, Gentle, Refrigerate, Leftovers) LVL 51 - Ancient Power/Charge Beam/Aurora Beam/Return
- Thumper (Steelix, Impish, Rock Head, Hard Stone) LVL 52 - Iron Tail/Stone Edge/Bulldoze/Double-Edge
- Punchy (Lucario, Hasty, Steadfast, Lucarionite) LVL 52 - Shadow Claw/Calm Mind/Aura Sphere/Bone Rush
- Lil' Boo (Pumpkaboo, Bold, Frisk, Eviolite) LVL 34 - Shadow Sneak/Leech Seed/Bullet Seed/Razor Leaf

Storage:
Spoiler:

R.I.P.
Spoiler:

Update #8

Laverre City:

Took out the Team Flare goons at the Pokeball factory. Got quite a few levels on my main Pokemon.

Route 15:

Caught a Skorupi and named it Elektra. Tried Swords Dance buffing to get some levels on her, then I realized what I thought her Attack score was actually her Defense score. Took off her attacks, equipped Eviolite, and taught her Infestation/Toxic/Protect/Cut (needed a cutter since Quacklin' was banked). Was doing very well until I ran into a trainer with Duosion. I was crushing it until it attacked with a Psyshock... which took me from full to dead, and it wasn't even critical hit! I could have sworn that Poison/Bug would be neutral against Psychic attacks. I was really looking forward to having a Drapion tank too :(

Fought all of the trainers in the Lost Hotel and caught a Electrode... bleh. Named it Honey (an abstraction of Cojones). Jolly nature and will likely never get used. Hmmmm, maybe I can have it use Self-Destruct! :)

Route 16:

Blossom finally hit level 47 and learned Giga Drain. I used a Leaf Stone on her to evolve her into Vileplume. I was thinking a Bellosom would fit her name more, but I need a good Poison-type on the team.

Cleared this route out before going to the next town. I didn't realize it was a new route (I think I was looking away briefly when the area transition sign popped up), so I wasn't paying attention to what the first Pokemon I encountered was. After I cleared the map of trainers, I went to town to heal and came back. My first encounter was Pumpkaboo, so I caught her. Named her Lil' Boo. Might level her on Wingull hordes when I play next.

I am really hoping to find a Fire-type Pokemon soon, or at least one that can learn some Fire attacks.

Last edited:
Years
Since my ds roms seem to be freezing a lot I will do a nuzlocke on Ruby while I am working on fixing those roms. Rules will still be the same - Have to nickname everything and dupes clause and shiny clause are on. I am not going to be adding the SET mode because last time I did it it was horrible. So I will post my first update as soon as I start playing which should be in few seconds.

One badge down- 7 more to go.

Anyways - I got all the beginning stuff done and got my starter- Treecko I named Ninja. Than I got some levels on him - and succesfully battled and defeated my rival. Got back to lab and first encounter on first route was zigzagoon - caught her and named her Lina. Proceeded onto the next route where I caught Ed the Poochyena and I got seedot I named Pinoccio (That thingie was awfuly hard to train >_< ) - Helped Wally - I was hoping for Tailow on the next route since I didn't get Peliper (For Brawly) - but I got wurmple - I caught her and named her Leia. She evolved into Cascoon just so she could die against a zigzagoon that used tackle on her and got crit on her >_> There goes my chance against Brawly D:

Caught Shroomish in the forest and named him Loomie. Got to Rustbro and caught Nincada I named Elena and Whismur I named J (Hit B button too fast D: )

Did some training and my Pinoccio evolved after about forever (And is still useless for now). Roxanne was a breeze with Loomie and Ninja on my team. She didn't even stand a chance against absorb.

The team:

261.gif

Ed|Male|Modest Nature|Run Away|Lvl 14
Tackle
Howl
Sand-Attack
Bite

285.gif

Loomie|Male|Naughty Nature|Effect Spore|Lvl 15
Absorb
Tackle
Stun Spore
Leech Seed

290.gif

Elena|Female|Docile Nature|Compoundeyes|Lvl 9
Scratch
Harden
Leech Life
Sand Attack

274f.gif

Pinoccio|Female|Bold Nature|Early Bird|Lvl 14
Bide
Harden
Growth
Nature Power

263.gif

Lina|Female|Relaxed Nature|Pickup|Lvl 14
Tackle
Growl
Tail Whip
Headbutt

252.gif

Ninja|Male|Docile Nature|Overgrow|Lvl 14
Pound
Leer
Absorb
Quick Attack

Dead:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

BaroNight

Chaos Incarnate
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 18, 2014
For White/Black, should I still fight Alder to finish the challenge? Or Ghetsis is enough?

Anyway, I would like to register my Emerald Nuzlocke that I've been playing these past few days:

Name: Ruby () -> (Don't know why this name ended up in my mind. -_-)
Game: Emerald
Optional Rules:
Spoiler:

Update:
Spoiler:

Badges:
Spoiler:

My Team:
Spoiler:

At the box:
Spoiler:

Valhalla: