• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Idea Exchange!

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
If you have a few ideas you're probably not going to write about, or you're a writer looking to be inspired, you've clicked on the right thread. The purpose of this thread is simple, if you have a couple ideas for a story, but they're not quite what you feel like writing about, drop them off here. If you're a writer struggling to come up with ideas that interest you, try looking through what other people have posted and see if anything stands out. Now before you go through and do whatever you want to do, let's cover some ground rules to try to keep this as organized as possible:

• Only post ideas you are comfortable with other people taking.
  • Don't post "claiming" an idea. If another writer feels inspired by the same idea, there's nothing you can do to stop the other person from writing about it.
  • Posts can be anything from sentence beginnings to full fledged plots.
  • You may posts requests here.
  • If no one takes your idea, don't pester people about it.
  • If you have selected an idea, but want some help fleshing it out, check out this thread.
  • Feel free to discuss about ideas people have posted.
  • Have fun with it!

Now that we have laid out some ground rules, here are some ideas to get the creative juices flowing!

Here are some opening sentences. Useful for short stories and writing exercises.
I sat down again and waited some more.
"I could have been a postman," Jack said, wistfully.
You know that feeling you get sometimes when you're on fire?
I also have a couple plot ideas for novels that aren't exactly up my alley:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

wildjr

Some Random Dude
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2018
This is a really good idea for a thread. This could really be helpful for some people.

I have had loads of ideas (which I'm too lazy to work on :D) and I'll post 'em here whenever I remember 'em.

Smell Ya Later!
Wild Jr.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
Years
This sounds like a great idea! :) Okay I have an idea that can accompany both Pokemon fanfic writers(like myself) and ones who doesn't.

Pokemon Idea
Spoiler:

You could literally go ANYWHERE with this idea, Oak becoming dictator, or Kim Jong making a pact with Sinnoh, you name it. I'm too lazy to write it, soooooo you guys can have it :p And yes, interdimensional portals are cliché.

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
Years
This is a neat little idea for a thread. I'd never noticed it before now.

What I have isn't so much a plot as a premise. I've never managed to evolve it beyond the initial idea.

Spoiler:

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2017
Oh, I'm so glad there's a thread for this!

Pokémon idea:
Spoiler:

Sushimmi

Transformice <3
Years
^ Hilarious. Just saying.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I was browsing around on 4chan when this idea came into my mind. There was a thread that said "I buy souls in return for favors. Respond with your desire. If I respond to you then your desire cannot be completed as requested." and someone replied to this thread with saying something to the effect of if there was someone or something out there with this power it would know what you were wishing before before you even knew what you wanted and wouldn't have to ask what you wanted. Which gave me the idea of:

Spoiler:

Haven't ever read of or even heard of anything with this idea behind it, so it'd be neat to play around with, but I never finish anything that I start so it'd be a shame if I tried to do something with it.

ImMrRoboto

That's MISTER Roboto to you!
Years
Okay, I have an idea that at least I think is good.

Spoiler:

No one has posted here in a while and that's a shame because this seems like an awesome thread.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
There has been plenty of stuff with the idea of banning pokemon battling, but I've been throwing around one where it's prohibition era america or unova. I don't think I'll be writing it, far too much on my plate, but oo that could be cool.

throw in a little noir, a bit of blue, a sprinkle of jazz, and you have a real interesting setting for pokemon.

Back