• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official PokéCommunity Shipping Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I think Iris and Satoshi should settle down, get married and have children. Dent can babysit or something...

In all seriousness - I think Dent has a thing for Jessie from Team Rocket... seriously. :P

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
If you have seen his dark side then yeah it might fit that side of him.
I've seen all the episodes and no it doesn't fit in my opinion! He's a sweet guy, no way he could be part of a dark ninja squad.

In all seriousness - I think Dent has a thing for Jessie from Team Rocket... seriously. :P
How come? :D That's one funny theory. I would find that fun as long as Jessie isn't interested :cheeky:.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years

Oh gosh; Jessie and Dento? I've seen a shipping for Dento and Trip already and for James but now Jessie? Gosh Dento make up your mind!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Anything but CafeMocha, hmm?

I would ship Dent x James if CafeMocha were nonexistent. Which is so impossible I don't even...

Or if I was already a diehard PalletShipper. I liked it but it can't hold a candle to CafeMocha.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
I do mind it! James is not gay, nuuuuuuu!!! Wearing pink tutus doesn't imply it. No, no xD!

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
Years
I've seen all the episodes and no it doesn't fit in my opinion! He's a sweet guy, no way he could be part of a dark ninja squad.

Apparently he was "evil" to Cabernet, as explained in episode 19. Some people shouldn't get arrogance confused with sadism~ I'm sure they're just joking around, though.

Even if James is not gay, he's certainly not interested in Jessie.

Haha, her or Meowth... Now take your "More-Likely-Just-Because-They're-in-the-Same-Travelling-Group" pick!

Dudes, Dent is as gay as a rainbow. I like it that way, since 90% of female characters even outside of Pokemon piss me off. Anyway, no girls for him, even though I sometimes ship him with girls on a whim~

Dent x James is still better than Wishful, any day baby! Plus that pairing is pretty lamely awesome. I'm sure if he were to pick a lucky ducky to have him, I doubt he'd pick an immature little girl. I like to think he has taste, seeing as I adore him (and his brothers) so. I even am more inclined to ship Dent with his brothers over some options out there. Wincest~

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012
Came across Ghetsis x N the other day. Not unexpected, but not fun, either @~@
Ghetsis/N's pretty well received on the kinkmeme curcuits. Then again, nothing can shock me in this fandom. <3 It's built upon all four basic sexualities.

LOL they sure are. You should consult Bulbapedia for more detailed information. I remember when I first heard about the hype behind the Shadow Triad = Striaton Gym Leaders theory, I didn't know it was just that until I did research online. I actually thought it was canon, and I grossly misunderstood or overlooked something! =/
I'm a supporter of this theory, but I won't be too broken if it turns out to not be true. The art around the theory is excellent, *_* and I love it.

That wouldn't fit Cilan's personality at all =/.
I beg to differ. One, it's called acting. Two, Cabernet's already planted an "evil side" seed; now whether she glimpsed something very few have before OR it was a gross exaggeration made by her, we'll never know, but it does seem like the writers are preparing to go either way, if the third game reveals that the Striaton boys aren't what everything thinks they are.

And do you realize if Cilan was part of the regional bad guys? How badly it would shatter Ash and Iris' world? That their friend is basically subservient to Ghetsis first and foremost? This is the sort of twist I want to see in the anime, when you consider it's not some petty squabbling like Magma/Aqua was. This is war, something absolutely different from any other get-the-big-pogey plot from Sinnoh and Hoenn.

Because it means Cilan will have to betray his new friends (possibly without looking back) or betray his master (who the Shadow Triad are utmost loyal and devoted to). And I want that~

ShadowCafeMochashipping. ShadowWishfulshipping. C'mon, totally wicked. **;

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
^ As cool as that does seem, I still don't think the trio have anything to do with the Shadow Triad, plus that storyline is just way too complicated for the anime to take on. xD

Jessie
Dent. >:(

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012
^ As cool as that does seem, I still don't think the trio have anything to do with the Shadow Triad, plus that storyline is just way too complicated for the anime to take on. xD

Jessie
There is the part where you have to suspend your belief that as gym leaders, they would also be active as Ghetsis and N's bodyguards. And it's not too complicated, if done right. <3 And near the end.

8O Can't there be a compromise? James x Cilan x Jessie. <3 It's pretty and full of sparkles.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
I'm loving this theory more and more. Puts in a nice darker side for the first time in this anime, if it were true.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years
And do you realize if Cilan was part of the regional bad guys? How badly it would shatter Ash and Iris' world? That their friend is basically subservient to Ghetsis first and foremost? This is the sort of twist I want to see in the anime, when you consider it's not some petty squabbling like Magma/Aqua was. This is war, something absolutely different from any other get-the-big-pogey plot from Sinnoh and Hoenn.

Because it means Cilan will have to betray his new friends (possibly without looking back) or betray his master (who the Shadow Triad are utmost loyal and devoted to). And I want that~

ShadowCafeMochashipping. ShadowWishfulshipping. C'mon, totally wicked. **;

Now that you put it in that way; that's getting me even more hooked! Cilan must decided who he must be with; his friends or with Ghetsis. I hope this theory is true now.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Hi. I'mma drop this here because it's sad and dramatic and relevant.

Spoiler:

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
I doubt he'd pick an immature little girl.

Jessie

8O Can't there be a compromise? James x Cilan x Jessie. <3 It's pretty and full of sparkles.

Spoiler:

I swear I should probably get this thread tracked by Chris Hansen

And I would really freaking love it if the Shadow Triad were the Striaton leaders.

Cilan: "Ash... Iris..."

Ash and Iris: "Go die you bucket of stupid"

Chili: "Pwn'd"

Pod: "We told you so"

N: "You just got trolled"

Ghetsis: "Problem, Cilan?"

<storyline~>

Ash: "Well, Cilan's dead, Trip fell down a cliff, N was arrested for pedophilia, you wanna make out?"

Iris: "HECK YEAH FINALLY"

Brock: "HEY ASH LONG TIME NO SEE!"

fuuash.jpg

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012
Translation:
(2nd page)
Ash: ...どうして... (...Why...)
Ash: なんでおよ, デント!!! (Why, Dent!!!)
[One of the characters is tough to decipher, so I'm pretty sure it's this.]

(3rd page)
Cilan: サトシ... (Satoshi...)
Cilan: ごめんね... (I'm sorry...)
[that bottom thing, I'm pretty sure says, "I like" but I can't figure out one character, so it's incomplete, and I'm just guessing]

...Eh, no, I don't know any Japanese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back