• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Latest Sprites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbone2356

Time keeps on tickin' by
Years
(Read From left To Right But Read The Words Backwards)

esoht setirps era emoswa! tnac tiaw ot ees erom!

peek pu eht doog krow.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 27, 2010
those sprites are awsome! cant wait to see more!

keep up the good work. :)

EDIT: Dude256...I would like to see Charmander and Caterpie...My Challenge to You!

Tbone2356

Time keeps on tickin' by
Years
Maneachicken said:
those sprites are awsome! cant wait to see more!

keep up the good work. :)

EDIT: Dude256...I would like to see Charmander and Caterpie...My Challenge to You!

Hes Busy making Tilesets But If Any Pokemons A Challenge He Should Make Minun

dude256

Pixel Artist/Programmer
Years
Hey everybody! I'm back finally with more picys ñ_____ñ!

[Tileset Mockup]
mockup_misc.png

*not an ingame screenshot, just a graphics style test

Some of my friends already pointed out things they like and dislike about the tileset, now its the publics turn. Let me know what you think.

Notes:
-tree in the bottom left (<) corner was an alternate realistic tree, just a style test
-the grass is made up of 4 tiles (I've already mapped out how I can fit this in mwehehe)
-dirt will need 4 edge piecces so it can tile like rmk
-4 palette rows will be required for the tiles (I believe I met gba specs...each tile can only take colors from one 16color palette row)

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
Years
Those are sweet. I like the more realistic tree, but i believe with your sprites the other ones would fit better. Alittle more cartoonie. One thing i don't like is the extra space around the clue side walk thing. ( The space outside the curved pieces) other wise I like it, is this jsut one of many you will be doing?

dude256

Pixel Artist/Programmer
Years
Hyperion, in the final tileset there will be an edge border between the 'floor' and dirt, so you won't see that sharp pointy edge anywhere ^^U. As for the tree, thats why I made a 2nd one, I love more realistic stuff, but that requires tons of more colors to do ^^U.

Selkie_warrior

Check out my avatar shop!
Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2007
ME LOVE!!!!!ME LOVE!!!!ME LOVE!!!!!!!!they arr great dude keep it up matee

Krusty

6 string shredder and art dude
Years
Holy crap! You are good! Not only can you do the monsters (really well, cool poses) but you can make awesome tilesets :shocked: The trees and the building are fan-freaking-tastic... I'm so jealous :P

I really like you're style btw, how did you come up with it? Just playing around with pixels for years or another artist?

dude256

Pixel Artist/Programmer
Years
Krusty, thanks for the compliment =3. As far as my style goes, its heavily based on breath of fire4 & street fighter alpha3 style shading. While I do set the color values myself, I learned alot about colors from studying other artists/games.

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
Hmmm...great work!! I knew you were a spriter but I never got a chance to check out your work until now. You have some real talent. Keep it up man!! XD

Tbone2356

Time keeps on tickin' by
Years
Mmmmmmmmh......

That Tileset Is Good......Could Use Some Milk To Go With It Though.

But Its Very Good And Even Without Milk Its Very Good Alone.

(Wth I Hate Milk!)

dude256

Pixel Artist/Programmer
Years
Sprite update!

Rock.png

-Rock/Ground Type
Spider.png

-Psycic/Poison Type
Worm.png

-Bug/Grass Type

The spider could use a tiny bit of detail, but it's the first evolution so I tried not to over do it. Also the worm could use some colored spots and antennae perhaps, later on I'll try to add some more details in.

So let me know what you think.

Up Next: Official Hack Thread!

dude256

Pixel Artist/Programmer
Years
Thankies unseenidiot ^-^.

*news update*
My 'hack' idea has been scrapped, complications with various editors forced me into porting my game to a C++ directx9 game engine I've been building. It'll be faster that way and then I won't have to fudge with palettes as much mewhehe. I might have enough for a more offical post around monday or tuesday, right now I"m just making a few more tiles so I can insert 1 test town and get the battle system set up. Wish me luck WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back