• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: General Pokémon Trading Card Game Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years

Pokémon Trading Card Game Daily Chit-Chat

Welcome to the Pokémon Trading Card Game Daily Chit-Chat! This is the place to discuss all things related to the Pokémon Trading Card Game that you think are worthy of their own threads!

Rules

• This thread is only for discussions relating to Pokémon cards and things related to them, including the Pokémon Trading Card Game and the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online. Discussions relating to anything else belong elsewhere.
  • PM me if you have any questions!

Last edited:

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Don't you guys hate it when you buy a few boosters and get as many duplicates as you did new cards? The first time I bought Plasma Freeze boosters (five of them) I strangely got a load of duplicate commons. I basically bought three boosters haha. I suppose it's better to have duplicate commons than duplicate rares.

Years
The thing is, as far as I understand it, the cards of a given rarity are unevenly distributed across the country, and I've found there's a point where you're basically only getting cards you already have if you keep buying within the same area. I've actually ended up with 8 copies of a couple different rares from HGSS while not pulling any of certain common and uncommon cards.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
I actually think i rather have dup rares. Since you need a play set to really use most rares.

Either way i went to a tournament the other day, a small one at a card shop and went undefeated with my Beedrill deck in 3 rounds of swiss. Though to be completely honest. The people there weren't the greatest.

Round 1 was against a Mewtwo/Mew/Zoroark (Nasty Plot) deck. There was no real threat from this deck. I just built up a Beedrill on turn 2 and started sweeping. 6-0

Round 2 was a Keldeo/Blastoise Deck. This was another easy win. Being that both pokemon are weak to Beedrill and for some reason she couldn't get up a blastoise even with 4 of them in there with 4 rare candy. But granted her deck was pretty bad. It had like 18 water with some DCE mixed in. I think i went 6-3 in this match.

Round 3 was a Darkrai/Sableye/Mewtwo/Espeon (DEX). This was a funny deck that actually gave me trouble. I got out Mr. Mime as soon I saw the sableye. But by turn 3 he got a Darkrai out and catchered the Mr. Mime and KOed it. Luckily the next turn I junipered into a Super Rod and Level Ball and brought it right back out. A few turns later he got the Espeon out and then it just hit the fan. Preventing poison and confuse really hurts Beedrill. I had to toss a couple of Tropius under the bus to build up more Beedrills. But by that time i had 90 damage on a Darkrai and Mewtwo, which were his only attackers left, so Beedrill/Bangle/Max Potion was enough to finish off the game. It was down to the wire with a 6-5 victory.

The 1st place prized ended up being 2 packs which i pulled a Shaymin Ex and pretty much nothing else. I also got a random prize of a UR Arceus card from some old set that i cant eve sell back. But its worth like $9 or something. I unfortunately did not get the random prize binder or play mat though.

Either way I'm going to probably go to another tournament this coming sunday. I cant decide if i want to play Beedrill again or go with another deck. Im thinking Ampharos or maybe Tool Drop for some kicks. But i really want to hype the Beedrill deck. IDK any thoughts?

Years
I actually think i rather have dup rares. Since you need a play set to really use most rares.

Either way i went to a tournament the other day, a small one at a card shop and went undefeated with my Beedrill deck in 3 rounds of swiss. Though to be completely honest. The people there weren't the greatest.

Round 1 was against a Mewtwo/Mew/Zoroark (Nasty Plot) deck. There was no real threat from this deck. I just built up a Beedrill on turn 2 and started sweeping. 6-0

Round 2 was a Keldeo/Blastoise Deck. This was another easy win. Being that both pokemon are weak to Beedrill and for some reason she couldn't get up a blastoise even with 4 of them in there with 4 rare candy. But granted her deck was pretty bad. It had like 18 water with some DCE mixed in. I think i went 6-3 in this match.

Round 3 was a Darkrai/Sableye/Mewtwo/Espeon (DEX). This was a funny deck that actually gave me trouble. I got out Mr. Mime as soon I saw the sableye. But by turn 3 he got a Darkrai out and catchered the Mr. Mime and KOed it. Luckily the next turn I junipered into a Super Rod and Level Ball and brought it right back out. A few turns later he got the Espeon out and then it just hit the fan. Preventing poison and confuse really hurts Beedrill. But by that time i had 90 damage on a Darkrai and Mewtwo, which were his only attackers left, so Beedrill/Bangle/Max Potion was enough to finish off the game. It was down to the wire with a 6-5 victory.

The 1st place prized ended up being 2 backs which i pulled a Shaymin Ex and pretty much nothing else. I also got a random prize of a UR Arceus card from some old set that i cant eve sell back. But its worth like $9 or something. I unfortunately did not get the random prize binder or play mat though.

Those Arceus cards are a huge pain to come by. Which one was it?

That tournament also sounds like a fair bit of fun. Sounds like the decks you faced weren't well-built at all. Any of the players a part of your local competitive scene?

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
It was this one.
95-arceus-lv.x.jpg

Which i now have 2 of... One from a pack one from the tournament.

Also they were some of the people that commonly come by on league days. Though the "competitive" players only come out on stuff like battle roads. I have played a bunch of the better players and I have beat them all with this deck. Even though some of them are running Darkrai/Sableye decks that are well constructed of the sort. The matches are close. But Beedrill usually squeezes out a win from sheer awesomeness. lol.

I would say that in my area i am probably one of the best players, especially since i can compete with top tier decks with weird rogue decks.

Last edited:

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I'm not much of a competitive player... The last time I built a deck was during the DP days, in which my decks probably had cards that weren't even in the current rotation haha. Congratulations on your win, Profen! I know that you said the competition wasn't very hard but a win is a win :D

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
Years

Round 3 was a Darkrai/Sableye/Mewtwo/Espeon (DEX). This was a funny deck that actually gave me trouble. I got out Mr. Mime as soon I saw the sableye. But by turn 3 he got a Darkrai out and catchered the Mr. Mime and KOed it. Luckily the next turn I junipered into a Super Rod and Level Ball and brought it right back out. A few turns later he got the Espeon out and then it just hit the fan. Preventing poison and confuse really hurts Beedrill. I had to toss a couple of Tropius under the bus to build up more Beedrills. But by that time i had 90 damage on a Darkrai and Mewtwo, which were his only attackers left, so Beedrill/Bangle/Max Potion was enough to finish off the game. It was down to the wire with a 6-5 victory.

The 1st place prized ended up being 2 packs which i pulled a Shaymin Ex and pretty much nothing else. I also got a random prize of a UR Arceus card from some old set that i cant eve sell back. But its worth like $9 or something. I unfortunately did not get the random prize binder or play mat though.

Either way I'm going to probably go to another tournament this coming sunday. I cant decide if i want to play Beedrill again or go with another deck. Im thinking Ampharos or maybe Tool Drop for some kicks. But i really want to hype the Beedrill deck. IDK any thoughts?
Well congrats on the win! The last tourney i was in, i took 2nd place and the Beedrill deck is pretty cool, so i would use it again.

Years
It was this one.
95-arceus-lv.x.jpg

Which i now have 2 of... One from a pack one from the tournament.

Also they were some of the people that commonly come by on league days. Though the "competitive" players only come out on stuff like battle roads. I have played a bunch of the better players and I have beat them all with this deck. Even though some of them are running Darkrai/Sableye decks that are well constructed of the sort. The matches are close. But Beedrill usually squeezes out a win from sheer awesomeness. lol.

I would say that in my area i am probably one of the best players, especially since i can compete with top tier decks with weird rogue decks.

Oh, I suppose those are useless without any of the normal Arceus.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
I plan on going if i am off. i want the promos and deck box. If not im going to complain about it all day. lol.

Also changing subject back to tournaments. I went to another one yesterday with more people this time. It was more or less the same thing. Though i fought a Darkrai/Garbodor deck this time.

I went first and started with a weedle in active and one on the bench with a Mr mime, and a Virbank stadium. My opponent started with a solo Darkrai. Though i made a huge play mistake by placing and energy and a bangle on the active weedle thinking i was safe from a turn 1 night spear. But i totally forgot about lasers and basically wasted an energy drop and a bangle on the active weedle since i had to retreat my next turn and then max potion to even make use of the weedle later on. To make matters worse, by turn 2 i ended using all the cards in my hand and basically drew into 2 useless cards the 2 following turns. Lastly i ended up not drawing any energy after the first one for like 3 turns and a supporter. Talk about terrible luck.

Early mid game there were 4 Darkrai out 2 of them charged with dark claws and float stones. I on the other hand had only 1 beedrill, a damage weedle and Virizion Ex for like 4 or 5 turns and ended up sacrificing my mr mime and tropius to save all my important stuff. Luckily since this deck changed to 2 tool scrappers i was able to minimize the tool usage because he thoughtlessly put out multiple tools at once allowing me to make full use of tool scrapper. Also was able to super rod the mr mime back in and draw it again before things went terrible. After burning my last 2 max potions to heal the nearly dead Virizion ex and weedle i made a huge come back by getting 3 Beedrills and steam rolling the remainder of his pokemon. Also the best moment of that game was a weedle knocking out a darkrai. lol. I pretty much thought i was going to lose that match after turn 1, and it was an up hill battle the entire time thanks to the match up and the terrible drawing luck. The game ended at 6-5 in my favor.

So once again i went undefeated with Beedrill. Though the packs got me absolutely nothing worth mentioning this time. But gotta hype the Beedrill deck.

Last edited:
Years
I plan on going if i am off. i want the promos and deck box. If not im going to complain about it all day. lol.

Also changing subject back to tournaments. I went to another one yesterday with more people this time. It was more or less the same thing. Though i fought a Darkrai/Garbodor deck this time.

I went first and started with a weedle in active and one on the bench with a Mr mime, and a Virbank stadium. My opponent started with a solo Darkrai. Though i made a huge play mistake by placing and energy and a bangle on the active weedle thinking i was safe from a turn 1 night spear. But i totally forgot about lasers and basically wasted an energy drop and a bangle on the active weedle since i had to retreat my next turn and then max potion to even make use of the weedle later on. To make matters worse, by turn 2 i ended using all the cards in my hand and basically drew into 2 useless cards the 2 following turns. Lastly i ended up not drawing any energy after the first one for like 3 turns and a supporter. Talk about terrible luck.

Early mid game there were 4 Darkrai out 2 of them charged with dark claws and float stones. I on the other hand had only 1 beedrill, a damage weedle and Virizion Ex for like 4 or 5 turns and ended up sacrificing my mr mime and tropius to save all my important stuff. Luckily since this deck changed to 2 tool scrappers i was able to minimize the tool usage because he thoughtlessly put out multiple tools at once allowing me to make full use of tool scrapper. Also was able to super rod the mr mime back in and draw it again before things went terrible. After burning my last 2 max potions to heal the nearly dead Virizion ex and weedle i made a huge come back by getting 3 Beedrills and steam rolling the remainder of his pokemon. Also the best moment of that game was a weedle knocking out a darkrai. lol. I pretty much thought i was going to lose that match after turn 1, and it was an up hill battle the entire time thanks to the match up and the terrible drawing luck. The game ended at 6-5 in my favor.

So once again i went undefeated with Beedrill. Though the packs got me absolutely nothing worth mentioning this time. But gotta hype the Beedrill deck.

I'm thinking I've gotta get me a piece of that Beedrill action, then! :P watch as I falter at my own States and Battle Roads with it because I barely play at all anymore

As for me, I intend to attend a prerelease (it'd be my first Pokemon one, but I've been to numerous MtG ones in the past), but chances are I'll stay up too late on that Friday and oversleep the start time and then stay up too late on that Saturday to oversleep that Sunday's start time as well.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
You should try building my deck. Its relatively cheap, aside from virizion ex. Though im thinking after the release of the fairy types i will probably have no choice but to go Beedrill/garbodor to deal with all the status immunities.

Im also trying to figure what kind of deck i want to build next. Ampharos worked wonderfully. But eh its not really something i want to continue to focus on. Any suggestions on what to play next?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Crobat is an interesting card. The problem with it is that its kind of better as a support pokemon first and attacker second. But if you are going to use crobat for support, forewarn musharna is just better.

But if you are using just plain crobat to attack. Probably crobat/garbodor would be best to make sure you can poison, or crobat/mr mime/ deoxys to do make sure your bench can live since zubat only has like 40 hp.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
But status effects are only getting worse. Im actually thinking about making a bad beedrill deck of the next set. It might be a decent deck with fliptini. Being able to hit for 40x the number of flips and if all 3 are heads beedrill is immune next turn.

Either way, for a 2nd step. Drawing 1 card isn't that great. Empoleon draws 2, electrode draws up to 4, musharna chooses 1 from the top 2, and Delphox draws up to 6. Drawing 1 isn't that much and i dont think it will help that much without the proper support. Back when pokedex was legal, crobat was a lot better. Being able to arrange the top 5 cards to then night sight into is pretty good. I use to have like 2-3 ethers in the crobat deck and then when an energy and ether were either in my hand or arrange properly in the deck i could easy get that energy acceleration. Now it purely relies on Lunatone to set up draws. That is only 2 cards.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 17, 2014
I found my old pokemon cards today. I just got back into after a few years. I found most of my old deck. The power of the new pokemon cards are crazy now.

TheKantoKid

Let's go, Pikachu!
Years
I've also found some of my old cards along with some cards my uncle ruined by mistake >:/ I really want to collect my old stuff and a better deck from there and just have fun. I wish I could order 4 boxes of the Gym Heroes, Gym Challenge, and Rocket sets with my friends and build decks from there. Maybe even have a mini tourney among ourselves!

Years
But status effects are only getting worse. Im actually thinking about making a bad beedrill deck of the next set. It might be a decent deck with fliptini. Being able to hit for 40x the number of flips and if all 3 are heads beedrill is immune next turn.

Either way, for a 2nd step. Drawing 1 card isn't that great. Empoleon draws 2, electrode draws up to 4, musharna chooses 1 from the top 2, and Delphox draws up to 6. Drawing 1 isn't that much and i dont think it will help that much without the proper support. Back when pokedex was legal, crobat was a lot better. Being able to arrange the top 5 cards to then night sight into is pretty good. I use to have like 2-3 ethers in the crobat deck and then when an energy and ether were either in my hand or arrange properly in the deck i could easy get that energy acceleration. Now it purely relies on Lunatone to set up draws. That is only 2 cards.

Wait... there's a Delphox that will draw up to 6? I need to check this out!

Crobat is more supplemental draw power, and its ability should be treated as such in a deck focused around it. Unfortunately, like you've said, it's got issues with viability because of the abilities on other Pokemon.

I found my old pokemon cards today. I just got back into after a few years. I found most of my old deck. The power of the new pokemon cards are crazy now.

The power creep has been going on for over a decade. It was just very gradual initially.

I've also found some of my old cards along with some cards my uncle ruined by mistake >:/ I really want to collect my old stuff and a better deck from there and just have fun. I wish I could order 4 boxes of the Gym Heroes, Gym Challenge, and Rocket sets with my friends and build decks from there. Maybe even have a mini tourney among ourselves!

Unfortunately booster boxes of those cost a small fortune compared to modern booster boxes since they're incredibly rare. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back