• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbit

where is my mind?
Years
Ooh, I am so excited. *squeal* The video is brilliant. Are you planning to release any more? I love your sense of humour and the clever dialogue. Looks like this is going to be a fantastic hack with a great concept and plot.

Do you still need someone to design NPC teams? (Considering how many pages this thread has...probably not.) I've made a number of teams for my own hypothetical game. One thing you might want to consider, though, is that well-balanced and strategic teams are a real pain to battle. NPCs have recourse to an infinite number of Earthquakes and Flamethrowers. They can get the Egg Moves they need without a headache. The player is much more limited. A lot of Pokemon learn only very weak moves - Growlithe, for instance, has nothing stronger than Bite and Ember until lv. 25.

Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2013
this hack looks awesome, i hope you dont give up on it

hoping you release maybe a pre alpha or something so we can test it out :)

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
Years
this hack looks awesome, i hope you dont give up on it

hoping you release maybe a pre alpha or something so we can test it out :)

I might do that. In the meantime, I might get another video up soon. In the meantime-meantime, here's an overworld I've been working on. It doesn't have walking frames yet, unfortunately:

16lixed.gif

Jenny, a rookie Officer from Vermilion. She got into the police business not because she disliked criminals, but because she hero-worshipped law enforcement. She doesn't even have anything against Rockets, really.

... Well, until you take her hostage in front of all of her superiors at machete-point. After that, she holds a bit of a grudge against you. Some people take everything personally.

BrainDamage

Vinyl Jockey
Years
I might do that. In the meantime, I might get another video up soon. In the meantime-meantime, here's an overworld I've been working on. It doesn't have walking frames yet, unfortunately:

16lixed.gif

Jenny, a rookie Officer from Vermilion. She got into the police business not because she disliked criminals, but because she hero-worshipped law enforcement. She doesn't even have anything against Rockets, really.

... Well, until you take her hostage in front of all of her superiors at machete-point. After that, she holds a bit of a grudge against you. Some people take everything personally.

Sprites look really good, but the 2 blue pixels that are supposed to be the strands of hair in front of her ears bother me a little. they look kinda out of place. idk. i can't really describe why it looks weird like that

EDIT: lol @ PokeToaster

Last edited:

ckret2

Years
Sprites look really good, but the 2 blue pixels that are supposed to be the strands of hair in front of her ears bother me a little. they look kinda out of place. idk. i can't really describe why it looks weird like that

EDIT: lol @ PokeToaster

Probably because of the coloration. They should brobably be darker to fit in, but the palettes are limited. In which frames do you think the hair strands look off? In the front sprite, the side sprite, or both?

Nikkie.

Nikeiphoros, eh?
Years
Amazing`

Amazing Video, that shows your stunning scripting ability.
This is a hack people can look at, and get a truck load of insperation.
I wish you so much luck, with this unique master peice.

Hope you Exel.

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2010
If you need a music person (for remixed themes, looping, or otherwise) I offer my services -- in the way that makes that statement less hookerish.

BrainDamage

Vinyl Jockey
Years
Probably because of the coloration. They should brobably be darker to fit in, but the palettes are limited. In which frames do you think the hair strands look off? In the front sprite, the side sprite, or both?

both, but mostly the front sprite

Nikkie.

Nikeiphoros, eh?
Years
Yup

... Hey, it won what now? Awesome, thank you! This is definitely getting added to the first thread.
As a matter of fact, It did.. barely.
There must have been about half an hour left of the award.. then
zel voted.. Followed by Goodie; Then next came me, soon after followed
Atlus.
This is really a great hack, were those your scripts, in the video?
Any updates?

ckret2

Years
As a matter of fact, It did.. barely.
There must have been about half an hour left of the award.. then
zel voted.. Followed by Goodie; Then next came me, soon after followed
Atlus.
This is really a great hack, were those your scripts, in the video?
Any updates?

Huh, a close race then... Well, I'm glad it did win.

Yep, those are my scripts in the video. At this point, every script in the game is my work.

The scripts for the Marowak arc are almost finished, and after that I'll be scripting the hostage situation with Jenny. I've also been working on some OWs that'll be used later in the game.

balkj06

Pokemon Kanto
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2015
finally a team Rocket hack, that's a team Rocket hack,

I can't wait for the beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back