• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Which starter did you choose?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Obviously we've probably restarted a TON of times on these games, but your first time playing RSE and FRLG, who did you choose? I chose Torchic and Charmander, respectively. Gotta love Fire types! :)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Torchic and Charmander too.

For odd numbered gens up to now, I've always ended up choosing Fire types. :'D I'm a little sad I'll be breaking said tradition for Gen 5 but oh well. The fire type was the only starter I liked in RSE and I love all the starters in FRLG but decided I like Charmander the most. ♥

mal'akh

Hate this place. Gone for good
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 21, 2011
Mudkip and Squirtle. Gotta love those Water Types. xD

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2012
Charmander, Cyndaquil (HINOARASHI FTW) and Treecko....Sounds weird, he's a grass type but...Yeah, he's still awesome.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Torchic and Squirtle. And not just the first time, but every single time I've restarted them.

I found that those Pokemon's evolved forms work best for me, and I tend to stick with what I know.

And now I'm getting the urge to play through Leaf Green again...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
In Sapphire and Emerald, I went with Mudkip. I tried Treecko and Torchic, but found them awkward to use.

In FireRed/LeafGreen, I went with Squirtle in LG and Charmander in FR.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Ruby was my first Pokémon game and I remember I chose Torchic because what got me into the game was my God-Mother giving me a Torchic Plushie when she came and visited and in return my god-brother and I got Rub yand Saphire and I got Torchic because of that Plushie (he got Treeko plushie and started with Treeko)

Leaf Green was my second Pokémon game and what got me into the tradition of using Grass type Starters,because Bulbasaur caught my attention from the Anime,during the era of Ash and May using Bulbasaurs.And then I descovered Ivysaur and has been my Favorite Pokémon since.And later bought a Bulbasaur Plushie after Lt.Surge

TL;DR Torchic for Ruby,Bulbasaur for Leaf Green

(I still have both Plushies <3)

Martins

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
Charmander in FireRed and LeafGreen and Treeko in Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. I always choose them.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
The two, the only.....

Aaaaaah i remember the good old days, i chose torchic the first time i played r/s/e but i chose treecko the second time, i love'em both.
as for fr/lg,...i really cant remember, i think it was charmander, FIRE RULZ!!!!!! :D

Alamos

Team Plasma Leader
Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2010
Ahh, the memories lets take it back.............

FireRed: Charmander (Respectively)
Emerald: Mudkip

Pancake86

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2012
I chose Treecko when I started Ruby for the very first time and Squirtle in Fire Red (I forgot Sapphire and Leaf Green though). Of course, i've restarted these games a million times. x_x But that's what I remember.

Back