• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Yeah, I hope finding Feebas will be.. a little less unbearable like in BW!

Speaking of which, what -don't- you guys want to see in X&Y? Any hopes on that?

Well, I guess my only hope is that I don't want wild encounters to be cinematic,or else... that can get annoying. xD At least, I hope there will be a function to toggle cinematics on and off.

pokemonmasteraaron

The blind Pokémon Master!
Years
Pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean by cinematics?
I have never had a Gyarados in my team on my first time through a game, accept for g/s/c obviously. I'd be interested in maybe training a Gyarados in X/Y.
Now, for the new topic.
I do not want another c-gear or poketch or whatever, but I know everybody else does so I guess it'll happen.
I do not want the game to be as short as Pokémon b/w/b2/w2 (I know that doesn't exactly fit the topic) :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh for me I want them to be the size of B/W. :x Mainly because I was really happy with the size of those games and enjoyed them greatly! I'm not sure how much longer it could be, other than a larger post-game reallyyy.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
I have always hoped for a game that went back to another region like G/S/C and their remakes, but I highly doubt it would happen. Just a nice thought.

blue

gucci
Years
We don't know much so there's still the possibility of visiting another region, I loved the idea of collecting 16 badges in GSC.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I donno, I think it possible that we'll be able to revisit Unova since the 5th gen ended so abruptly. So, you don't see a difference in the length of d/p/pt or r/s/e vs b/w b2/w2?
The 5th Gen lasted for about three years, which is equal to how long the 2nd Gen lasted for. The generation as a whole may have seem to have gone by rather quickly, but I don't think that warrants Unova being attached to the X and Y region. B2W2 still feels fresh off the market, and story-wise, they did as much as they could with the Unova region with Black and White and B2W2 combined without it getting boring or tedious.

From a location standpoint, it's also noteworthy that Unova was based off of New York/US while this new region seems to take place in France/Europe.

blue

gucci
Years
The Pokemon website have updated with the starters typing, not the evolutions but it may mean they could be revealing more soon? They have also gave details on the Xerneas & Yveltals weight & height.

Guy

just a guy
Years
The Pokemon website have updated with the starters typing, not the evolutions but it may mean they could be revealing more soon? They have also gave details on the Xerneas & Yveltals weight & height.

I think this is a good sign that as Japan releases new information, the US and the other international markets will liekly follow suit. The height and weight information of Xerneas and Yveltal has been known since the first scan of this month's CoroCoro leaked late last week. With this month's issue of CoroCoro now out, it makes sense that the official site would now update their information. At least, that's what I'm thinking.

blue

gucci
Years
I'm sure they'll have something, it will have been a month by the time we get the next issue and they're likely candidates to have new information for us.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Speaking of CoroCoro, are we to believe that perhaps new info of Pokemon X&Y may be revealed next month?

I'd say so. I always look forward to checking to see what they're releasing n_n omg this is so much more exciting than B2W2!!!

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I like the idea of cinematics! We should use the greater graphics of the 3DS to its full potential. I hope Pokemon just rocks the socks off this console and defines what future games will be like...

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
He was probably there because there were no Magikarp in the wild. But that still means Game Freak hasn't forgotten about him. I'm just glad he doesn't have the accent that he does in the anime.
Oh, sao yew waent thees Feebas, yes?

(This is a reference to when he painted one like a Feebas, and my bad attempt at an accent using text.)

OMG, if you can buy like, a Feebas from the Magikarp man too...!

It has happened in the anime before!! Well.. sorta. He painted over a Magikarp and called it 'Feebas'.
I swear I just saw this post after posting the above.

Also, on the other discussion, two regions would be cool. It's be kinda cool if the different versions of games started in opposite ends of the map; Japan versions start in the east, and North American in the west, maybe Europe in the middle...but this would be difficult to do smoothly. They could have both regions set up like they kept weak Pokémon in Route 1, and the challenge is the Trainers on the Route, like HG/SS.

Cyclone

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I've been wondering about something. You know how these pokemon games have 'nicknames' right? I'm going to quote a certain logic I've found:

Back in the early 00's, generations were very commonly referred to by names coined by the fans. The Generation I, whose main versions' naming schemes were colors was called the Color Generation. A similar logic was applied to Generation II, otherwise known as the Metal Generation. When time for a Pokémon game on GBA came -- and actually prior to the announcement of Ruby and Sapphire -- the Pokémon Advance placeholder for the then soon-to-be-announced games gave its name to the Generation III, possibly backed by the newly announced anime series too; the Advance Generation. Around that time, generations started to be referred to by just their number, and nicknames fell into obscurity.

Despite the fact that numbers were fully used at that point, in 2009 the name '3D Generation' was given to Generation IV in Bulbapedia. In a similarly shy fashion, Generation V's moniker became the Monochrome Generation.
What shall we call Generation VI? The 3D generation? The Letter generation? Something of the sort?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Probably something along the lines of the Alphabetic Generation! Or Chromosome Generation... Genetics Generation? Simplistic Generation? I'M NOT SURE. :( But I dunno, if not any of that it'll probably be Letters like you said. :3

Guy

just a guy
Years
If the next game to come out after these were to be Pokémon Z, then possibly the XYZ Generation? If the games do center around genetics and chromosomes, then Chromosome Generation or Genetics Generation doesn't sound to bad either. DNA Generation could be a possibility perhaps.

It's kind of early to say really since we haven't really seen what the entire generation will look like.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I've been wondering about something. You know how these pokemon games have 'nicknames' right? I'm going to quote a certain logic I've found:

What shall we call Generation VI? The 3D generation? The Letter generation? Something of the sort?
I'd go with the Chromosome Generation (two links there).

Though "Alphabetic Generation" seems good if a Z ever comes out.

Cyclone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back