• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Weekly] Believe It or Not -+---> Featuring - Bigfoot

Years

Believe it or not - Bigfoot

Welcome to believe it or not first edition! This time we're featuring guy with big boots aka bigfoot or pretty much all the mysterious creatures that are sighted throughout the world. Before I start about this week's featured guy, I want to tell one or two things. "Believe it or not" will be featuring the things that are not scientifically proven or scientists have no explanation about.

bigfoot.jpg

Bigfoot, also known as Sasquatch, is a figure in North American folklore alleged to inhabit remote forests, mainly in the Pacific northwest region of the United States and the Canadian province of British Columbia.
Bigfoot is one of the more famous examples of cryptozoology, a subject that the scientific community tend to dismiss as pseudoscience because of unreliable eyewitness accounts, lack of scientific and physical evidence, and over-reliance on confirmation rather than refutation.

Sightings

It all started in....

July, 1924 : A man named Fred breck in ape canyon with other 4 miners attacked by several apemans

1941: In Ruby creek British Columbia a woman Jeannie Chapman and her children claimed that they escaped their house when a 7 foot tall creature approached their residence.

2007: On September 16, 2007, hunter Rick Jacobs captured an image of a supposed Sasquatch by using an automatically triggered camera attached to a tree. The photo was taken near the town of Ridgway, Pennsylvania, in the Allegheny National Forest.

I can tell you guys more things or incident but half of them are hoaxes xD like two men Rick and Matthew claimed they found corpse of bigfoot which turned out biggest hoaxes of all time c:

There are many relatives of bigfoot like yeti, mapinguary, yeren, yowie and dozen more xD

There are different mysterious creature sighting like who doesn't heard about...

Loch Ness Monster or El chupacabra
maxresdefault.jpg

chupacabra-jpg.jpg

But science doesn't believe in any of them as there are no proof.

And acc to scientist there is no bigfoot because great apes are not found in the fossil record in the Americas, and no Bigfoot remains have ever been found. That's about them so what about you...

DO YOU BELIEVE OR NOT?

( If you guys got any other ideas for next weeks edition please send them my way c: )

Years
Tales like Bigfoot are passed down generation after generation, so it's difficult to verify the validity on their existence, unless there's literally enough proof with DNA or even photographs that are not photoshopped.

Years
I'd like to start this post off by saying that there are animals and other creatures out there that we don't even know about. There are very remote areas which are yet to have been explored that may have these cryptids, so really it's all up to the imagination.

That being said though... while I'm skeptical of whether or not Bigfoot itself exists, it's not impossible to imagine something similar out there in the wild. What if there is an existing species of primitive apes that are larger than the ones that we currently know? It's things like this that really keep me thinking.

That pretty much sum up what I've in mind about these creatures. There are more than 10 bigfoot or ape like creatures which were sighted in different regions and countries. So, sighting of that many ape like creature in that many place isn't some illusion right? I wanted to believe it too but in eyes of science there is no value of these things until you get something for real, a proof. XD so I'll let it be until something real come up c:

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
The chances of large, terrestrial animals to go undiscovered is next to none. It defies logic that no fossil, DNA or reliable photographic evidence has not surfaced.

Cryptozoology is not a Science, it's a fantasy.

Years
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this guys. Next one will be up in 7-8 hours xD ( I need to sleep)

@Mana:
Bigfoot is one of the more famous examples of cryptozoology, a subject that the scientific community tend to dismiss as pseudoscience
Aka fantasy like you said c:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Tales like Bigfoot are passed down generation after generation, so it's difficult to verify the validity on their existence, unless there's literally enough proof with DNA or even photographs that are not photoshopped.

There's a video by SciShow that talks about the DNA results from the supposed hair samples of Bigfoot and its Asian relative the Yeti.

Turns out the Yeti could be a sub-species of polar bear once thought to have been extinct.

That being said though... while I'm skeptical of whether or not Bigfoot itself exists, it's not impossible to imagine something similar out there in the wild. What if there is an existing species of primitive apes that are larger than the ones that we currently know? It's things like this that really keep me thinking.

We use to have large primitive apes, but they originate from Asia. They're called Gigantopithecus, who are thought to have been extinct a long time ago and are believed to be the true identities of Bigfoot and other mysterious ape-like creatures. One theory as to how Bigfoot got into the Americas is that they crossed over a land bridge that use to connect between Alaska and Russia, which was how Native Americans came to the two continents.

Melody

Banned
Years
When I last studied up a little bit on the existence of Bigfoot; I was actually pretty sorely disappointed. What I found on both sides, for and against, was shockingly inadequate. Let me point out that many branches of science are often regarded as "junk" until they achieve a provable breakthrough. As such Cryptozoology is regarded as a joke and is widely ignored. But what they don't seem to realize is how hard it is to prove something exists just by relying on myth and folks' tales. So that doesn't mean Bigfoot isn't real. It just means nobody has proven it yet. They may prove it someday and they may also never prove it. The pursuit of evidence to prove it isn't unscientific. Regarding these scientists as being on a "wild goose chase" isn't productive.

In many cases something is causing something to happen and it's being attributed to the mythical creatures. In these cases it's also as important to search for the mythical creature as it is to search for an alternate cause to something being blamed on a mythical creature. I don't care if you'd rather do the science to confirm or deny the existence of one of these mythical creatures, [S-HIGHLIGHT]science is science[/S-HIGHLIGHT].

Back