• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon ash's adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Not trying to be mean dude, but you need to stop being so repetitive with what you are saying and TRY to work on your English some more. I understand that English isn't you first language, but I think you could try a little bit harder so I can easily understand what you are trying to say. It takes a lot of work sometimes to figure out what you're trying to get across.

Now, that aside, to look at your screenshots.

picture.php

Now, the trees. They're just a little too... clean. The straight line across doesn't seem natural at all. You shouldn't make a straight line and perhaps add some bushes, different kinds of trees, or even just some flowers simply.

picture.php

Same thing as the trees. It's just a little too clean. Straight lines tend to not look good unless they happen to be on the border of a map.

picture.php

This might just be me, but something seems wrong with his skin. He looks a bit ghoulish. I think this sprite could use a Pallet Change. Something just doesn't look right.

I agree with the poster above on the grass tiles. Find something that perhaps blends more, or create some flower tiles. There needs to be more noticeable variety.

Aside from that, it doesn't look bad. Though, I happened to notice no NPCs. You should add at least two or three to Pallet Town.

Well, keep working at it. You seem to be trying to improve your hacking abilities which is nice. I wish you luck! :)

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jun 23, 2018
Not trying to be mean dude, but you need to stop being so repetitive with what you are saying and TRY to work on your English some more. I understand that English isn't you first language, but I think you could try a little bit harder so I can easily understand what you are trying to say. It takes a lot of work sometimes to figure out what you're trying to get across.

Now, that aside, to look at your screenshots.

picture.php

Now, the trees. They're just a little too... clean. The straight line across doesn't seem natural at all. You shouldn't make a straight line and perhaps add some bushes, different kinds of trees, or even just some flowers simply.

picture.php

Same thing as the trees. It's just a little too clean. Straight lines tend to not look good unless they happen to be on the border of a map.

picture.php

This might just be me, but something seems wrong with his skin. He looks a bit ghoulish. I think this sprite could use a Pallet Change. Something just doesn't look right.

I agree with the poster above on the grass tiles. Find something that perhaps blends more, or create some flower tiles. There needs to be more noticeable variety.

Aside from that, it doesn't look bad. Though, I happened to notice no NPCs. You should add at least two or three to Pallet Town.

Well, keep working at it. You seem to be trying to improve your hacking abilities which is nice. I wish you luck! :)

Thanks but I just show you guys a little bit of my work.it is still on working so as soon as it completed I will show you that which will be improved then this but with title screen I can't do anything it will remain same.

Hooray, things to critique at last! Was getting worried there:

picture.php

Well, I can already see that you don't know how to fully title insert, which is OK to be honest, a skill a lot of us have issues with sometimes. Background is pixelated in an obvious way, the subtitle (ash adventure) has a weird blue pixel thing surrounding it which should be looked at.

Most of your text boxes seem to lack the first word of the first sentence (Prof Oak and TV, instead they are ROF and V respectively)

picture.php

I'm only going to critique this screenie with respect to tiles as the rest will just be repeats. The grass seems off, the random dark spot does not seem to flow more, may want to experiment with colors to see one that blends well for that. Also is a very repetitive pattern. I also swear I have seen this style of floor with this sprite before, but meh. The tiles need a bit of work, especially the grass ones.
Yeah it happen that TV is coverted into V yeah it is a script problem I will fix it soon and I am also fix colour of grass now

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
I hope graphics ofthis hack will be much better than ashgrey,
I also hope ash will be able to talk here...

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Thanks but I just show you guys a little bit of my work.it is still on working so as soon as it completed I will show you that which will be improved then this but with title screen I can't do anything it will remain same.

Yeah it happen that TV is coverted into V yeah it is a script problem I will fix it soon and I am also fix colour of grass now

OK, 2 things to note:
1. We understand it is a work in progress, we're just critiquing it to make it better, which is how a hack can truly be made better, so it's good of you to acknowledge it, but why we're saying it now is so that it can be edited a bit to make it look better instead of when you're done with it.
2. What do you mean you can't do anything about the title screen? The annoying blue things can be fixed, I'm sure, they only look like a pallette thing so even then you can just edit the pallette or something. Just a small edit in this method.

Link4799

Gage Linkous
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2016
Hey, usually I'm very supportive of all people's creations, but really this hack has already been made; and its a really good one, and I HATE ash. But the hack made him fun to play as. (I'm referring to ashgray if you dont know.) I think it'd be too much work to put into a hack, that really has already been made. Kanto has already been made, I've seen people working on johto and hoenn; but not sinnoh, unova, or kalos. So maybe try one of the latter ones? I dont know. Personally I just think its a waste to put work into something thats already been made, its like trying to reinvent the Model T xD

BlackStorm20x

Content Creator
Years
Hey, usually I'm very supportive of all people's creations, but really this hack has already been made; and its a really good one, and I HATE ash. But the hack made him fun to play as. (I'm referring to ashgray if you dont know.) I think it'd be too much work to put into a hack, that really has already been made. Kanto has already been made, I've seen people working on johto and hoenn; but not sinnoh, unova, or kalos. So maybe try one of the latter ones? I dont know. Personally I just think its a waste to put work into something thats already been made, its like trying to reinvent the Model T xD

He obviously knows that Ash Gray is a thing, but the difference between this and Ash Gray is that this is suppose to have Season 1 - Season 9, which is Kanto, Orange Islands, Johto, AND Hoenn, all in one hack. And there is a Johto hack, and Hoenn hack in progress. And I'm actually working on a Sinnoh hack right now, but really, the difference is supposed to be three regions in one, instead of one region and a set of islands.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jun 23, 2018
OK, 2 things to note:
1. We understand it is a work in progress, we're just critiquing it to make it better, which is how a hack can truly be made better, so it's good of you to acknowledge it, but why we're saying it now is so that it can be edited a bit to make it look better instead of when you're done with it.
2. What do you mean you can't do anything about the title screen? The annoying blue things can be fixed, I'm sure, they only look like a pallette thing so even then you can just edit the pallette or something. Just a small edit in this method.
Yeah I said that I can't do nothing but I never say it is ended I will work on it but later now I am busy with graphics and increaseing ROM space

Last edited:

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years
OK, 2 things to note:
Actually the title screen thing is just a fourth stupid image, very easily removed thoough, no hacks should have this with the amount of tutorials we have on the matter.

But I agree the title screen needs lots of work. Way too pixely, the colors dont blend well, and Ash has seen some better days before the anti-aliasing got him.

Guys I am back.Screenshot from pallat town and titlescreen

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
The grass is not my favorite, it needs work. You shouldn't have that one tile spread across the entire map, some grass tiles can get away with it if they blend well, but not even vanilla Fire Red uses one grass tile.
The intro sprites colors dont really stnad out either, you may what to chage that.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jun 23, 2018
Actually the title screen thing is just a fourth stupid image, very easily removed thoough, no hacks should have this with the amount of tutorials we have on the matter.

But I agree the title screen needs lots of work. Way too pixely, the colors dont blend well, and Ash has seen some better days before the anti-aliasing got him.

The grass is not my favorite, it needs work. You shouldn't have that one tile spread across the entire map, some grass tiles can get away with it if they blend well, but not even vanilla Fire Red uses one grass tile.
The intro sprites colors dont really stnad out either, you may what to chage that.

I am done all this things agine with some grass tiles,new ash sprite and title screen is also fixed I will show soon

This hack looks really good, but did you put ash with the pajama? That is a good detail. Good luck with this hack!

Yeah this hack contains ash pajama overworld

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jun 23, 2018
hey guys i am showing some of my maps and if it has any problem tell me its a pallat town map

Spoiler:

PurpleOrange

still don't know what I'm doing
Years
hey guys i am showing some of my maps and if it has any problem tell me its a pallat town map

Spoiler:

the map is very bland and very square, it doesn't look very natural at all, the trees around the side should to be more than one tree wide in some places, and the corners of things should to be more rounded, the long grass next to oak's lab is also very square and doesn't look right, the triangle of "grassy things" (not exactly sure what they are) near the players house doesn't look quite right either. the trees next to oak's lab also should to be more clustered instead of one single tree. and as Zero.4 said, add flowers dotted around the map. just a few helpful hints for you :)

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jun 23, 2018
the map is very bland and very square, it doesn't look very natural at all, the trees around the side should to be more than one tree wide in some places, and the corners of things should to be more rounded, the long grass next to oak's lab is also very square and doesn't look right, the triangle of "grassy things" (not exactly sure what they are) near the players house doesn't look quite right either. the trees next to oak's lab also should to be more clustered instead of one single tree. and as Zero.4 said, add flowers dotted around the map. just a few helpful hints for you :)
Thanks for telling me I will fix them all and it is not completed it is still on work I will also fix the thing which you tell

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
Years

Spoiler:

Why not focus on Johto/Hoenn? It will be a difficult task to compete with Ash Gray. Would even be nicer if someone attempted the Sinnoh anime.

Years
pokemon anime episode 1 and the title screen buy fixed
Spoiler:
Wow! This is awesome, I only have two things to note: In the intro screen, are some pixels (but for me that's not importan, And the grass fifth foto, you can give more color to it, but man, good job, the ash's sprite (in the part of the name) looks really good with that change of colors,keep that good job,the hack looks really amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back