• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Your First Shiny

Years
This is what my brother said on YT

Well, after 10 years of hardcore-pokemon my little brother was finaly alowed to play on my save for once. After 2 minutes he asked what was wrong with a pokemon if it sparkles and had a different collor. I freaked out, he found a shiny growlithe , I named it sunshine B).

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Haven't run into a shiny on Gen III yet- they all were on other generations (V and IV).

H0tB3ans

What is Sylveon?~
Years
My first shiny was a Pidgey. c: Had one Pokéball, it luckily worked. I'd have quit life it hadn't.

RK9

Pokémon Professor
Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2013
My first Shiny Pokémon on Gen. Three was a Trapinch on Emerald. :) It follows me on HeartGold as a Flygon now.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
Never found a shiny. Not. At. All. In any pokemon game. Pokémon hate me. I've been playing the games for 13 years now too.

kosuke

Extraterrestrial DNA
Years
i only saw one shiny in gen3. it was in Pokemon Emerald. It was a zigzagoon, but i CANT catch it because it was the one that was chasing Prof Birch at the beginning of the game, and obviously i have no pokeball that time.

DelightedTurk

Hipsterest Hypno in the land
Years
My first Shiny was a red Duskull on Ruby on the Route west of Lilycove, beside the Safari Zone (can't remember what number it was haha). I thought it was so cool and immediately caught it but was too lazy to train it and thinking it was nothing special traded it to my friend for a Cyndaquil egg. I got it back as a Dusclops in it's seventies and boy it was good. However my friend saved over my Emerald game losing it. I was so upset at the time haha.

Sirfetch’d

Mine was a Sunkern that I caught in the Safari Zone. Not the best shiny, but it was my first one ever and i was pretty excited about it. Caught it on the first try too!

Years
Pidgey is the first and only Shiny I've come across in a Pokemon game (other than the Red Gyarados) .
I saw it after almost 150 hours playing and luckily I had Pokeballs with me then.

f8B5LwOQDVUnjkAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

Zoroyoyo41

Novice Expert
Years
In emerald: Wurmple -_-
Firered: Pidgey in route 1 before obtaining pokeballs. I only cried for six hours after that.

Fujiko

Devon Corporation Secretary
Years
My First Shiny in Ruby was Poochyena
In Leaf Green my first was a Zubat xD

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2024
my first shiny i've ever seen was a Graveler on Victory Road (when using rock smash) in Emerald and he used Selfdestruct or Explosion (don't remember which)
The only shiny i've ever caught was Sentret in Leaf Green

Brizz

TM87
Years
My first ever shiny was a Ponyta in Leafgreen on One Island (iirc). It's probably the coolest shiny that I've ever caught/hatched on my own along with my shiny Eevee.

Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2016
I might have seen a shiny Oddish on one of my many playthroughs of a 3rd Gen game, but I sure didn't capture it.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
I have never seen a single shiny in my Gen III games. Mostly because I have bad luck and the RNG is broken in it so soft resetting never worked ;.; All those wasted hours trying to get a Shiny starter or Raquaza >.<

Back