• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2012 Survivor's Party @ Drakow's House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Well then since you're being so vague I'm just going to list MY favorite anime! And also some things that are popular whether or not I like them haha.

-Steins;Gate
-Angel Beats!
-Cowboy Bebop
-Spice and Wolf
-Fate/Zero
-Haruhi Suzumiya
-Gurren Lagann
-FLCL

Okay that's all I can think of offhand haha. I'm still missing huge chunks of the anime that everyone should watch, I should get on that maybe before watching other things? x_x

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I'm actually... not that daring when it comes to my anime preferences. I'm most comfortable with a high school setting show with cute girls... and fortunately for me there's at least one show that fits that bill every season.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
The world is truly over if there's ever an anime season without at least 5 shows in school setting.

Watch Clannad + Clannad Afterstory! Afterall, CLANNAD IS LIFE!

(Seriously anyone who watches it and finds it terrible, is obviously inhumane and ill-fitting to have kids.)

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
I don't care what anyone says, IGPX was the best anime ever.

Anyway, my favorites list.

IGPX, Cyborg 009, Gundam 00, Cyborg 009-1, Full Metal Alchemist (Original, and Brotherhood), Black Cat, Vipers Creed, .Hack//Sign

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I haven't watched anime in a while... :s What are some good series that I could get back into? I do not type things by "genre" and enjoy whatever it is good. :o Thank ye kindly.
Sword Art Online is the best. Also Another, Kiba, and Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai.

It is vague, yes. But then again.. so are my likes. It could be anything that's anything... so long as they pulled it off well. I like a good story, it doesn't matter what it is about, so long as that it is good. So I suppose that the only prerequisite is that it has a good, developed story. But then on the other hand, I've liked Animes such as Desert Punk and High School of the Dead, which are, from my experience, much more focused on bouncing tits than a prominent story line.
Shuffle!

Years
I've a lot of anime I like, but Fairy Tail, Pandora Hearts, Magi, and Fate/Zero are at the top of the list. Super glad I listened to my friend and tried Magi out, it was definitely worth it. Great series so far, might need to pick up the manga later~

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I don't watch a lot of anime, and I've been meaning to start watching Fairty Tail, but it is just way too long. I watch a few episodes from the beginning (I think I've seen the first episode, like, four times by now) and it's just so hard to keep paying attention because the idea of watching 200 more like that is just so overwhelming. It's like trying to get into Bleach or another anime with tons of episodes.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I've actually never seen Brotherhood. One of my glaring gaps in anime knowledge. Also I never finished Cowboy Bebop. >_o

Edit: Nick omg you make that Fairty Tail typo too?! I do it every single time and I don't know why

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I've actually never seen Brotherhood. One of my glaring gaps in anime knowledge. Also I never finished Cowboy Bebop. >_o

Edit: Nick omg you make that Fairty Tail typo too?! I do it every single time and I don't know why
Hahaa. I didn't even notice that until you said it. I literally said out loud "I didn't type it like that. I.." Then I looked up. "Oh. I did type it like that."

I command you all to watch bleach

Geddit? :3 ;D

/theme
I'm glad you posted /theme at the end, because I wouldn't have gotten it if you hadn't.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
There's a lot of anime out there that I really want to see, but you know...distractions, school, life, etc.

I've watched Angel Beats, Sailor Moon (even the final season subbed in Japanese), Rosario + Vampire, Fruits Basket, and even others lol. Sword Art Online is my current anime, and waiting for new episodes every Saturday is ttly worth it!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
There's a lot of anime out there that I really want to see, but you know...distractions, school, life, etc.

I've watched Angel Beats, Sailor Moon (even the final season subbed in Japanese), Rosario + Vampire, Fruits Basket, and even others lol. Sword Art Online is my current anime, and waiting for new episodes every Saturday is ttly worth it!
Fruits Basket was the very first anime that I saw knowing that it was anime!! In fact, the tohru in my username comes from Tohru Honda.

Though I've seen Sailor Moon, Pokémon, Dragonball Z, and all those anime that used to show on Toonami like most children of the 90's, of course, I wasn't aware that the shows I was watching then were anime at the time.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
*See anime discussion, decides to join in.*

I never knew anime was anime until... I cant remember when I figured it out but I think it was rather recently!

Yes at Brotherhood being AMAZING. Totally agree there.

Bebop is a great anime. It's even got a fantastic dub!

Umm Bleach.. Ahh skip the fillers and you'll be fine there!

Fairy Tail is entertaining regardless of the fact no one dies and theres no blood.

And the best airing anime atm are clearly Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo and Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun!
xD

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I try not to watch airing anime. I forget the characters and plot week to week. :(

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I pop in here to see Live make a cute Bleach joke and then Toujours saying Farty Tail. This went from bad to good quick. D':

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
No, Bleach is fantastic in every way, Fairy Tail is fabulous in every way, but I don't even wanna know what disgusting sludge "Farty Tail" was molded from.

Juicy

Bone to be wild!
Years
If you're talking anime then you simply can not go past One Piece. That series is absolute perfection. I know it's long and that puts some people off... not looking at anyone in particular...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back