• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Things I Never Learned In School

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
After primary school, students should be able to choose different paths for secondary school. Those who plan on working after high school would have a program that is more vocational and teaches life skills, while those who plan on going to college would study subjects that are required for college admission and readiness.

I wouldn't expect a primary school student to really know what they plan to do with the rest of their lives. Maybe this would work but only towards the last year or two of high school - but definitely not from the start of it. That's too soon.

Crux

Evermore
Years
I took AP in most of my subjects,and sadly,most of that was not included.
A parent should be able teach those sorts of things,not just because they are basic life skills,but also for the fact that kids should be able to learn that in a more personal way then a school could provide,makes any sense.
To be honest,I don't really use advanced mathematics,nor do I think i'll really need them all that much,but i'm not saying that i'd rather have not learned them. (I CRAVE knowledge!! 0.O)
As for whether or not they should add more subjects to the curricular of the average school/academy,my vote would be yes,but at the current state of their budget...it's rather unlikely. :/
If they did,it should be at the end of high school. Not everybody (myself included) want to,or are going to,college. :l

Years
The only reason I know anything about financial stuff is because my mother is bank manager. Otherwise I'm positive I couldn't do any of those things. English class is the worst. Never in my life will essay writing skills be useful, I'm not going to continue studying English after high school and I don't know any job that you have to write frequent essays for.

93Aiwass

Getting Back into Pokemon
Years
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

I never learned how to do metric conversions in high school because they teach with a heavy dependence on imperial units, which really made it interesting when I got a job in Canada and started having to learn how to do metric-imperial conversions.

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

Back