• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Amethyst

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
Now THAT'S a sprite. o_O

As far as being Digimon-like, it does resemble KaiserLeomon, but while still looking like a Pokemon at the same time. Just the right balance.

I'll go out on a limb & guess it's a Dark-type. :P

Jeyboye

Digital and traditional art
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2009
Hello

16 colors on the dot! Dude.

Did you use your own tutorial on this? I have been doing my own concepts and I will use your tut if it makes my sprites look that darn spot-on. (A shame it must be shrunk in the typical rom hack)

Well, I might use Pokemon essentials.. lot less hassle when you have less data and certain restrictions interfering with your own creations.

If you would like: sprite concepts, attack ideas, item ideas, sourroundings and envorinment, or even character development ideas, then I can help, a little bit. This story sounds right along something I'd take interest in too.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peace.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
That is amazing... I love it... It's so... so... UBER!! I want to catch it now!!

Anyways nice sprite Wichu, and congrats to Justin for winning.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
16 colors on the dot! Dude.

Did you use your own tutorial on this? I have been doing my own concepts and I will use your tut if it makes my sprites look that darn spot-on. (A shame it must be shrunk in the typical rom hack)

Well, I might use Pokemon essentials.. lot less hassle when you have less data and certain restrictions interfering with your own creations.

If you would like: sprite concepts, attack ideas, item ideas, sourroundings and envorinment, or even character development ideas, then I can help, a little bit. This story sounds right along something I'd take interest in too.
Getting it down to 16 colours was pretty hard; if I could, I'd have used another shade of red and purple. I don't actually use my tutorial, as I made that to help others. I've got the process memorised, as it's just a few steps. Go ahead and use it though; you'll need to have basic spriting skills already to produce good results, as it doesn't really go into detail with things like smooth curves or light sources.
Anyway, it's not a battle sprite; it's supposed to be used in the title screen, like the large Charizard sprite in FR. You make it sound like you want to use it in a hack :S
You can submit ideas through this thread, visitor messages, or PMs; I'd love to see anything you want to contribute.

Jeyboye

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2009
Getting it down to 16 colours was pretty hard; if I could, I'd have used another shade of red and purple. I don't actually use my tutorial, as I made that to help others. I've got the process memorised, as it's just a few steps. Go ahead and use it though; you'll need to have basic spriting skills already to produce good results, as it doesn't really go into detail with things like smooth curves or light sources.
Anyway, it's not a battle sprite; it's supposed to be used in the title screen, like the large Charizard sprite in FR. You make it sound like you want to use it in a hack :S
You can submit ideas through this thread, visitor messages, or PMs; I'd love to see anything you want to contribute.

Hello. I see.

Hm..? How do I make it sound like anything? My text isn't audible.

Oh, yeah, I have some basic enough tools for digital art concepts. Wacom and photoshop and painter x with basic knowledge in photoshop and utilizing it's tools as well as making the best use of filters.

Currently, I'm working on realising a manga/comic and it takes up a lot of my time. I like doodeling though, so, If I ever get around I can doodle some stuff up just like the other dudes. ^.^

Oh, and for the attacks i thought it would be original to implement a system of dice to detirmen wether a hit would be a critical hit at best or miss at worst.. Hmm, it would also be intersting if you could combine items for use like in the resident evil games.. not sure if it's possible, but it sounds like something a casual gamer might take interest in.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peace.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Oh, and for the attacks i thought it would be original to implement a system of dice to detirmen wether a hit would be a critical hit at best or miss at worst.. Hmm, it would also be intersting if you could combine items for use like in the resident evil games.. not sure if it's possible, but it sounds like something a casual gamer might take interest in.

I'm not sure about using dice... It would probably slow down battles a lot, which I don't want to do. I'm happy with how it is now, anyway.
As for combining items, I've never played Resident Evil, so I'm not sure how you mean it. It's probably possible, depending on how it works.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Well in re you could mix a red herb with a blue one and get a yellow herb. So yo could mix a potion with a potion for a super potion a super potion with a potion for a hyper potion and a hyper potion with a super potion for a max potion!

Years
Combining items in resident evil, it's like combining a potion with a antidote.
Heals 20 hp + removes status effect poisen.
It would be a nice thing to add in the future, I think it would be quite difficult to make something like that...

Jeyboye

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2009
Isn't the script event to the pokemon daycare egg creation the same? Or the way you make Pokeballs from acorns in g/s/c? Give it another person to mix 'em up for you..

The only con I would see about that is that in the entire game I remember there being only one of these stations in the multiple regions.

..There would be new items for creating new mixes. I'd like to see a HealerBall (restores certain amount of hp upon catching). Seeing as you have to really beat up good pokemon to catch 'em buggers. :>

No dice? Well, the pokeverse looks so terrific. Why not make it faster for someone to travel around by providing a poke-mo-ped (2x speed of bike)? Or see more of it by following camera concentration of another person or thing (like a telepathy effect)?

The way you select pokemon in the game is cool. I remember profeeser oak would use a machine to zap pokemon from place to place to ash. Updating the pc gui to something like that is a little thing to keep it authentic. Very different, but still somewhat original.. Well, really, to me at least.. I guess, I'm out of ideas for now.

Hope you get some inspiration.
-----------------------------------------
Peace.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Isn't the script event to the pokemon daycare egg creation the same? Or the way you make Pokeballs from acorns in g/s/c? Give it another person to mix 'em up for you..

The only con I would see about that is that in the entire game I remember there being only one of these stations in the multiple regions.

..There would be new items for creating new mixes. I'd like to see a HealerBall (restores certain amount of hp upon catching). Seeing as you have to really beat up good pokemon to catch 'em buggers. :>

No dice? Well, the pokeverse looks so terrific. Why not make it faster for someone to travel around by providing a poke-mo-ped (2x speed of bike)? Or see more of it by following camera concentration of another person or thing (like a telepathy effect)?

The way you select pokemon in the game is cool. I remember profeeser oak would use a machine to zap pokemon from place to place to ash. Updating the pc gui to something like that is a little thing to keep it authentic. Very different, but still somewhat original.. Well, really, to me at least.. I guess, I'm out of ideas for now.

Hope you get some inspiration.
-----------------------------------------
Peace.

Eggs count as Pokémon, not items. As such, each egg has its own stats; they're just hidden. Apricorns were paired with a single ball each, so nothing complicated needed to be done there. But if I end up using Apricorns, it would be interesting to be able to use 2 different ones to make a single ball.
The Heal Ball was added in D/P; it fully heals a Pokémon upon capture. As such, it will be in the game.
I'm not planning to include new methods of travel. However, I will use the bike system from R/S, where you use either an Acro Bike or a Mach Bike; the Mach Bike is around twice as fast as the Acro Bike, which is similar in speed to the bikes in the other games.
As for the PC, I'm not basing it on the anime, so it will remain similar to the PCs used in the other games. However, like everything else, it will have a new interface.

Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
I'm mostly a writer by trade, short stories, sci-fi and poetry, but if you need ANY help with ideas.. or anything else.. (I'm sure I can find a way to help with other things.. I used to run my own online comic strip) just send me a PM.
BTW - Incredible. Simply incredible.

Zurr

The sky is not the limit.
Years
Shoot this is awesome...... History....... I think you were a god before you were born. Anyway......

1.Will you be able to inform people about events?
2.Just asking... in my pkmn starter kit for the rpg maker, some tiles have a white background, and not grass. I want the house to be on the grass. help?
3. I suggest making a sprite instead of this wichu, putting this one for the evo, and another for the next evo, like pikachu.(if its not too much trouble)
4.Pm me the name of one your spriters, maybe their friends can help me out with my spriting.i've already drawn two (one ruined by friend) and would want to sprite them.
5.work on bushyby (by the way, i've heard that name before)
6.Will you make alphas and betas to release?
7.Get help from the maker of sumigori/sugimoi or whatever for the pokemon of POKéMON ACANTHITE to help with it.
8.Try to create something like a new pokenav to inform about events.( thought of a nme called pokeutility)
9.Hope this isn't too much af asking.
10.get a little more black lines into your pokesprites.
11.keep some pokemon for later. we...ahem...I dont want it to take too much space.
12.are you using demo? does the work get saved after the trial is over?
13.use the userbar Ignicub as a sprite.
14.Get ready for more questions for later.
15.reply only if it isn't too much trouble. just consider it. i dont want to interrupt your work.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Shoot this is awesome...... History....... I think you were a god before you were born. Anyway......

1.Will you be able to inform people about events?
Yes, any special events will be posted in this thread.
2.Just asking... in my pkmn starter kit for the rpg maker, some tiles have a white background, and not grass. I want the house to be on the grass. help?
Use the 2nd and 3rd layers (use F5, F6 and F7 to switch between layers).
3. I suggest making a sprite instead of this wichu, putting this one for the evo, and another for the next evo, like pikachu.(if its not too much trouble)
Nah, Wichu's staying as the first in its evo line.
4.Pm me the name of one your spriters, maybe their friends can help me out with my spriting.i've already drawn two (one ruined by friend) and would want to sprite them.
Most of the sprites were done by myself. A list of other staff is in the first post, but good luck getting any of them to help you...
5.work on bushyby (by the way, i've heard that name before)
I've recently fixed the sprite a bit. And I wouldn't be surprised if someone else made a Pokémon called Bushby, as it's not a very complicated name.
6.Will you make alphas and betas to release?
Yes, I will release it in parts.
7.Get help from the maker of sumigori/sugimoi or whatever for the pokemon of POKéMON ACANTHITE to help with it.
I'm not in need of art at the moment. Besides, I'm capable of making my own.
8.Try to create something like a new pokenav to inform about events.( thought of a nme called pokeutility)
I'd rather people check back here to find out about events. There's no point in putting it in-game as well.
9.Hope this isn't too much af asking.
What?
10.get a little more black lines into your pokesprites.
If you look at the R/S/E sprites, the amount of black used is similar.
11.keep some pokemon for later. we...ahem...I dont want it to take too much space.
Not quite sure what you mean by this. Each version of the game will only contain the Pokémon available in that release.
12.are you using demo? does the work get saved after the trial is over?
No, this game has been in development for around one year. And yes, you keep your work even when RMXP's trial ends; you just can't edit your game until you buy it.
13.use the userbar Ignicub as a sprite.#
The starters will be resprited to match their new designs.
14.Get ready for more questions for later.
Well, OK...
15.reply only if it isn't too much trouble. just consider it. i dont want to interrupt your work.

Well, that's all your questions answered...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back