• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions Thread! [OLD]

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 26, 2014
Hi, i have problem with Pokmon tcg. Download and install are ok, but when i launch the game it is cut on screen, i see only top left corner. I tried to change the resolution, but its the same in all the cases. I tried to print screen it, but it shows normal game when i can see everything, but in fact i can't. I tried reinstalling and downloading from other sites, but its the same everywhere. Can someone help me solve this problem?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 14, 2015
During a game for deck testing with a new player, I used a crushing Hammer, He would be devastated by hammer and quickly finds a way around it, he says that he gets to choose the energy to discard, there is no judge in the room and he won't listen to me. So how does Hammer work? Who gets to choose the energy that gets discarded. Any proof would help.

Years
During a game for deck testing with a new player, I used a crushing Hammer, He would be devastated by hammer and quickly finds a way around it, he says that he gets to choose the energy to discard, there is no judge in the room and he won't listen to me. So how does Hammer work? Who gets to choose the energy that gets discarded. Any proof would help.

The wording on the card means that you, the person playing the Crushing Hammer, gets to choose the energy to be discarded. If your opponent got to choose which one were to be discarded, it would read "Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent chooses an Energy to discard from 1 of his or her Pokemon." Basically, unless the card specifies who chooses, the player who plays the card gets to choose which cards are discarded.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 23, 2017
i literally just got into the tcg and i want to know where i can find out what cards are outdated and/or not tournament legal? thank you.

Years
i literally just got into the tcg and i want to know where i can find out what cards are outdated and/or not tournament legal? thank you.

Current until August 31st: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=309435

Formats past August 31st are discussed here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=332267

There's a link to an article on the sets in the second link, while the first link is just one I've manually updated as things have been released.

RandomHype

Explosive Explosion
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 2, 2015
Does the TCGO give you 3 Trainer Tokens for each ended trade? I feel like I've been left with more tokens then I spend (the daily login bonus does not contribute to this)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 14, 2020
Is there an official thread that keeps a tiered (or non-tiered) list of the current Standard decks? I'm just starting playing after a few years of competitive Magic, and want to see how competitive Poke decks looks.

Years
Is there an official thread that keeps a tiered (or non-tiered) list of the current Standard decks? I'm just starting playing after a few years of competitive Magic, and want to see how competitive Poke decks looks.

I am not sure, but maybe going to the deck reviewing sub forum would be your best bet

http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=115

Unfortunately, there is no list kept on PC of what makes up the metagame. As I don't really play competitively due to the distance I'd have to travel to do so, I haven't bothered keeping one up. And even if I did keep a list up, the only thing I'd be doing is basically pilfering the list from other sites due to the fact that, again, I don't currently play competitively (I mostly keep up by what equates to theorymon for the TCG by reading articles by people who do play).

SixPrizes probably has some lists, but what's shown publicly and what's shown to "Underground" subscribers to SixPrizes is a bit different. PokeGym used to have some, but I don't think they still do. PokeBeach might have one, but I rarely visit there so I don't know for certain. Top-tier's in flux anyway due to the release of a new set on the 13th (it won't be available for tournaments until the rotation hits on September 3rd, though, due a new rule stating that sets aren't tournament legal until 21 days after their release) and the upcoming rotation. I can say with certainty that if you choose a fighting type deck, it will probably be viable for the next 3 months, though.

I guess I could quickly compile one based off of what did well at Worlds and then confer with people here who play as to what should go where in our upcoming format rotation.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 14, 2020
Unfortunately, there is no list kept on PC of what makes up the metagame. As I don't really play competitively due to the distance I'd have to travel to do so, I haven't bothered keeping one up. And even if I did keep a list up, the only thing I'd be doing is basically pilfering the list from other sites due to the fact that, again, I don't currently play competitively (I mostly keep up by what equates to theorymon for the TCG by reading articles by people who do play).

SixPrizes probably has some lists, but what's shown publicly and what's shown to "Underground" subscribers to SixPrizes is a bit different. PokeGym used to have some, but I don't think they still do. PokeBeach might have one, but I rarely visit there so I don't know for certain. Top-tier's in flux anyway due to the release of a new set on the 13th (it won't be available for tournaments until the rotation hits on September 3rd, though, due a new rule stating that sets aren't tournament legal until 21 days after their release) and the upcoming rotation. I can say with certainty that if you choose a fighting type deck, it will probably be viable for the next 3 months, though.

I guess I could quickly compile one based off of what did well at Worlds and then confer with people here who play as to what should go where in our upcoming format rotation.

Thank you! I'll check out a few of these places.

Years
Thank you! I'll check out a few of these places.

Tell me if you find any! I was looking after posting that and couldn't find any current ones on those sites. :(

I might want to maintain one for here, actually. I think I will. I just have to somehow be able to get my hands on tournament results and decklists in order to be able to base statistics off of them.

Raikou

bolt-action thunder
Years
  • Age 34
  • NY
  • Seen Nov 12, 2015
I can say with certainty that if you choose a fighting type deck, it will probably be viable for the next 3 months, though.

One deck that was absolutely amazing and quite popular is the Virizion/Genesect deck. It was all over at Worlds. It seemed like everyone had a couple cards that made their deck unique from the rest. Now, with the new Dragonite EX out and about, I think that's going to start showing up in VirGen decks because of it's ability.

Fighting type is going to make a scene, too. Furious Fists has a lot of great fighting type cards. There's also Landorus EX from Boundaries Crossed (which seems like everyone is trying to get their hands on it), it deals 30 damage to the active and to one benched for just one energy. Now, add muscle band, strong energy, and that new stadium which I have forgotten the name of, and you get a whopping 120 damage for just one energy. I haven't really experimented with any of the new EXs in Furious Fists aside from Dragonite, so I can't really say if they'll be good or not.

Yveltal EX is a pretty common sight in pretty much any deck due to it's Evil Ball attack, doing 20 plus 20 for each energy attached to both active pokemon.

There's a lot of other decks floating around. I'll take a gander this Thursday when I go to league and post what I see.

Back