• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: PKSV - Pokémon Script Editor + GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Silver

Say Hello To Nurse Barbra
Years
Emm i dont know if this is a glitch but i made a walking script in ruby and here is what it was:
#org @movinggrunt1
m walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_left walk_left end

But instead he walked left for 6 and down for 2
and followed some advice from the backend of the thread and did what should have worked.But then when he stopped moving the game was still in lock

mahamaniac3

Owner of Pokemon Jett Version
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 20, 2015
I use this nifty piece of software ALL the time, and I would recommend it to anyone making their first Pokemon Hack. It's great!

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
I love the program, wouldn't want to use any other, but I'm having a bit of an issue..
Spoiler:
I try to compile this with the newest version, and, well... The frist part of the script works right, but then, the jump part of the script goes to 0x800000... All the parts apparently compile, but it doesn't reference them like it should. I don't believe it's my fault..

Also, random question.. If I use offsets like I did above(Text pointers), it actually converts them to proper offsets when I compile? For example, if I have one script start with #org @start, and then, I have a different script that has the same text offset, will it still cause problems? I know it's a no-no with Pokéscript.

Last edited:

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
hm....at a glance i would guess you need to remove the "=" sign in the
"if true jump = @MomHaStarter" ?
try that
*edit*
also post the decompiled output as well if you can...

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
Okay, I fixed it. I manage to compile my first few functional scripts in Pokémon Emerald. Sweet.

However, the movement code I said doesn't work.. That's a side effect of no R/S proper support that I can find... I'd really prefer it over R/S or FR/LG..

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 11, 2010
Thanks for making this!
Its one of the best editing programs yet!
The beginner guide really helps xD

Last edited:

DreadWaffle

LOVE AND PEACE!
Years
i am having a hard time trying to figure out why when i press the open script in am
it says
the system cannot find the file specified
would you know anything on how to fix that?

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
O_o...
okay...i'm going to assume you meant....
I am having a hard time trying to figure out why when i press teh "open script" button in Advance Map, it says "the system cannot find the file specified"
Would you know anything on how to fix that?
First of all
1) Is it Advance Map or PKSV who says that?
2) Is you script editor set to PKSV in A-Map?
3) Are you sure you haven't just moved ur pksv or something?

DreadWaffle

LOVE AND PEACE!
Years
O_o...
okay...i'm going to assume you meant....
I am having a hard time trying to figure out why when i press teh "open script" button in Advance Map, it says "the system cannot find the file specified"
Would you know anything on how to fix that?
First of all
1) Is it Advance Map or PKSV who says that?
2) Is you script editor set to PKSV in A-Map?
3) Are you sure you haven't just moved ur pksv or something?

i just re-downloaded both and used a clean rom on it and it still didn't work, i do believe that is PKSV that is saying that, and A-Map script editor is put to PKSV, it works with XSE though which is wierd

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
i just re-downloaded both and used a clean rom on it and it still didn't work, i do believe that is PKSV that is saying that, and A-Map script editor is put to PKSV, it works with XSE though which is wierd
When you choose your script editor, it asks you if you want to separate the filename from the offset with a space or a colon. I chose space, so press "no" on the dialog.

One of the reasons for this is NTFS ADS ;)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 21, 2016
it doesnt work for me 1st the associate shell thing says error access denied
2nd it won't open any rom i say open and nothin happens

redozano

#1 ninja
Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2009
Icon files not present

The icon files are there, so they're not showing up upon launch of program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back