• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PEDRO12's EVERYTHING TUTORIAL PART 2

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2011
While testing the tools, my anti-virus software (McAfee) detected a trojan on A-Trainer. Just thought it would be useful if everybody was warned

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
what ?? i just scanned mine after i read your post..nothing here.....and i have norton with contineous internet update...i don't know how a trojan could be there........ hopefully no one has been harmed.....

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2011
I checked a second time and it didn't detect anything, I don't know if it was a false alarm, but I think it should be used with caution, since it hadn't detected just a random "generic virus" it was an identified trojan.

But anyways, thanks for the tutorial, very helpful. Oh and I have some questions.
On advance map, does the "check for free space" work like FSF program?

When you select the the option "add script editor" on advance map, do I separe offsets with "the standard ';'" or "the preferred ' ' <I assume its a space>"?

Echidna

Years
hahaha....in answer to your first question.. i don't know...but i recommend not to use it.......and in answer to your second question....choose any one...it doesn't matter...but i usually choose no... so choose that so if anything is to change...you can keep up with this tutorial....
and i scanned mine again...nothing.....don't know...could be a glitch....

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
hi man ive got somthing to ask if you can give me an example uhm how would you write wait ill give an example of what i want'' you get an item and then you talk to a statue or person and then it opens a door'' how?? please explain thanks !!

sorry about all the questions but.... im trying to get more experience and all and i enjoy it so i wana learn oh and thanks again!

Echidna

Years
ohthat's easy...at the statue....check if the player has the item...if yes....use setmaptile....here's and example....this is part of the script...you gotta enter the messages and stuff your self.....
checkitem 0xitem number(in hex) 0xnumber to look for(in your case...1)
if 0x1 goto @bla
release
end

#org @bla
setmaptile 0xXcordinate of where the dor should be 0xYcrdinate 0xtilenumber 0x0
bla bla bla

But what's the tile number. Well in advance map, hover the mouse above the tile and in the bottom left corner something like Block: XX Offset: YY should appear. The XX is the tile number. Remember the coordinates have to be in hex.

but you gotta insert to the rm the tile of the open door...or use the cave door...in the case..you gotta set two tiles...one for the bottom part of the door..and another for the upper part...yes the cave door is two parts..otherwise it will look weird......oh and befre all this...there is supposed to be a warp n the tile where the door will be..and the 0x0 at the end of the setmaptile command means that the tile can now be walked on....it can be 0x1 so the tile is bloacked...
test it out........lol....read the setting tiles section above for more nfo on this command......

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
Ohk i get it a bit but the thing is wait can you maybe check and tell me this"the door musnt be there and when you talk to the (person,statue Ect) the door is then showed but the script you showed me doesnt do that" Please help im sorry to be a bother and all but i just wana say thanks for all the help so far its been great so if you could help....... would be great thanks thanks!!

M.L says thanks! :);)

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
Years
Hmm. The only itch about these tutorials of yours is the scripting and such. I mean, I wonder where you got all the information ect: Diegoisawesome's scripting tutorial (which he got from thethethe's tutorial but with permission)It's just that there is an excellent tutorial on XSE a few threads bellow you, and you don't bring anything new to the table.

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
Hey i checked the flag section and couldnt find somthing i need.... so what i meen is like one of those scripts like say you walk into a building and there is know one there then you do somthing(talk or complete sothing for someone) then later you go back into the building and there are people their how HOW
Thanks

this may be useful for alot of people so if you can explain or give exaple it would be apreciated thanks!

Echidna

Years
Hmm. The only itch about these tutorials of yours is the scripting and such. I mean, I wonder where you got all the information ect: Diegoisawesome's scripting tutorial (which he got from thethethe's tutorial but with permission)It's just that there is an excellent tutorial on XSE a few threads bellow you, and you don't bring anything new to the table.

oh i read those tutorials...but nothing worked..and it got me even more lost....cause they are outdated....then i read XSE tutorial that came with it...but the prob was that it was kinda complex and explained non more than 20-25 commands...so i tried them out...some worked...then ...after i understood parameters, i started reading the command help, which only said what each and every command does, and what it needs as parameters, and i tried and tried and tested, and used over 50-60 firered roms, which took like 6 month of pure testing most commands, until i learned almost all....and the reason why this tutorial differs is, if you read this and the ones you r talking about thoroughly, you will see that some commands mentioned here aren't mentioned there....and some are changed to fit the new XSE release, removing a few buffer paraneters, adding a few, changing the main phrase that makes the comand

ex: wildbattle used to be startwildbattle, and wild battle had no buffers, and know does, three actually, and msgbox used to essage, and the last parameter wasn't added till later, it used to be added as its own command
it used to be
message @talk
boxset 0x6
which doesn't work in the new XSE release, it is now a prameter:
msgbox @talk 0x6

scripter were getting so confused that no one actually read the tutorials and didn't have to post a question(except me cause i went to learning my self)

oh and another reason is that this is an everything tutorial, and the thing i hated most when learning to hack was having to look around for tutorials on different subjects of hacking, and having them all together is very helpfull for hackers, as was pointed out a few posts earlier(or in the other part of the tutorial).....all i wanted to do was to make it easier to learn hacking...lol....

Hey i checked the flag section and couldnt find somthing i need.... so what i meen is like one of those scripts like say you walk into a building and there is know one there then you do somthing(talk or complete sothing for someone) then later you go back into the building and there are people their how HOW
Thanks

this may be useful for alot of people so if you can explain or give exaple it would be apreciated thanks!

in accordance to your previous post...i forgot to mention..you gotta revive the map somehow for the door to appear...i don't know how to do that...but try adding this after the setmaptile command:
fadescreen 0x1
fadescreen 0x0

but it might or might not work....openning doors is usually used in level scripts...lol....but i'm gonna try to find a solution......give me an hour or so.....lol....oh and for this question......in the tutrorial forum.....there is somewhere a level script tutorial...read that...but change the type of script to
On entering map not on menu close
something like that... and in the script, let it check for the flag you want to be the activation key.... and then use showsprite and clear a flag, and you gotta assign that flag to all the sprites in that building, and in advance map, set their movement to hidden, so they will only be shown when you use show sprite, and clear the flag so that they are perminantly shown....lol.....

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2011
Please help!
in XSE:

#dynamic 0x3FA2F3

#org @start
givepokemon 0x1 0x14 0x1 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @1
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
end

#org @1
= [player] recieved a Pokemon!

-----------------------------------
i type this in XSE, but there is an error: line 11 does not have an offset value.

Another question; is it possible to make a sprite talk to you without battling, or to change how Prof. Oak moves just before you go into the tall grass for the first time?

Yet another question; when i include the waitfanfare and closeonkeypress codes, the game hangs when i step on the scripted tile. i hear the fanfare, but the gmae hangs there. is there a way to continue playing the game without restarting?

P.s. Yes, i tried your code pasted above (the recieve pokemon one). Didn't work for me. Also, in XSE, when i input a new pointer (#org @?) and compile, it says i have a new offset value. What do i do with it?

SORRY FOR THE LONG TEXT!!! PLEASE REPLY!!!
I love your tutorial cause i have 0% knowledge of this :P

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
haha ill give it a try but im still begining as i just got the moving trainer battles to sorta work so im getting their slowly ive got many things to experiment with as i need to learn alot of commands to get my scripts working propley, i make some stupid mistakes and then gotta check my entire scripts i just wana know can you recomend any good hacks that you have played made...... that i can maybe test and see ive played many and am playing flora sky so ja and thanks hope you dont mind the questions...........
ja
oh ja so must i put show sprite in the script of the person you speak to, to get them to appear? is that right i think!?
;)

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
so to add onto the last question is.....
i get check pokemon but now hat if you want to take away the players pokemon
and can you take all of them away?

Echidna

Years
Please help!
in XSE:

#dynamic 0x3FA2F3

#org @start
givepokemon 0x1 0x14 0x1 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @1
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
end

#org @1
= [player] recieved a Pokemon!

-----------------------------------
i type this in XSE, but there is an error: line 11 does not have an offset value.

Another question; is it possible to make a sprite talk to you without battling, or to change how Prof. Oak moves just before you go into the tall grass for the first time?

Yet another question; when i include the waitfanfare and closeonkeypress codes, the game hangs when i step on the scripted tile. i hear the fanfare, but the gmae hangs there. is there a way to continue playing the game without restarting?

P.s. Yes, i tried your code pasted above (the recieve pokemon one). Didn't work for me. Also, in XSE, when i input a new pointer (#org @?) and compile, it says i have a new offset value. What do i do with it?

SORRY FOR THE LONG TEXT!!! PLEASE REPLY!!!
I love your tutorial cause i have 0% knowledge of this :P

for the script...its not working cause the msgbox command is mjissing a type ... it is supposed to be msgbox @1 0x4 ...this is for the closeonkeypress command to work...cause the type 0x4 is the one that needs this command......yes you can make a sprite talkmto you weithout battlign you...its easy...in the scipt...uise msgbox commands and not trainer battle commands......and to edit how he moves...open the rom inadvance map and doulbe click on the script tile...and edit the movements... and hit compile.....and the new offset value doesn't matter...if you are comileing the script for the first time...just hit the copy button on the window that appears after you com;ile...and paste it in advance map...and close the compile and XSE windoe... and when it asks to save..say no....its already in the rom...unless you want to use it again...copy the scipr and paste it in note pad and save it....and if you are editting a script...and hit the compile button....don't mind what it says.....hit compile then close the window that appears...that's it....and don't worry avbout asking...i made this tutorial to help people scirpt....

haha ill give it a try but im still begining as i just got the moving trainer battles to sorta work so im getting their slowly ive got many things to experiment with as i need to learn alot of commands to get my scripts working propley, i make some stupid mistakes and then gotta check my entire scripts i just wana know can you recomend any good hacks that you have played made...... that i can maybe test and see ive played many and am playing flora sky so ja and thanks hope you dont mind the questions...........
ja
oh ja so must i put show sprite in the script of the person you speak to, to get them to appear? is that right i think!?
;)

yes i recommend to check the ruby destiny trio...they are for destinedjagold ...i think they are in his sig...lol.....
and in answer to your last question....no....if you do like i said...and make him appear and then clear a flag that is tytped into his person ID.....he should perminantl be visible...lol......

so to add onto the last question is.....
i get check pokemon but now hat if you want to take away the players pokemon
and can you take all of them away?

you cannot take away a trainer's pokemon....i think....and even if you could...how are you supposed to lkeave him pokemonless ???

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
Ohk wait i wana change that can you take away all of the main players pokemon not other trainers but you, so example say you go back to oak he says oh i need those pokemon and takes them and then you must find new ones can you do that?

Echidna

Years
i habe no idea...i'v honestly never tried to take pokemon away...hey...look at the script in the day care and any place where your pokemon are taken away in the ofiginal game.....there is no command for it...but maybe a special...lol....

SKRoy

Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Is this for beginners? I don't understand the most of it...

Sacred Dragon

Yes, that's a Mewtwo
Years
Nub Question

Sorry for being such a noob at this, but when you do something like applymovement 0x<personID> @<pointer>

What is the personID? I see it in Advance Map, but when I changed a character's ID to 1000 and tried applymovement 0x1000 @<pointer> and stepped on the tile to see if he would move, nothing happened. What am I doing wrong? Is the number already in use? Am I writing it wrong? Am I using the wrong number? Can someone show me a full example script using real numbers? I just wanna make a test script to make a person walk up and to the right when I step on a tile near him is all. I am coder of many types; coding I understand, just not where to get the number to use lawl :p

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
So pedro i havnt been on in a while internet down . . . . . haha but if you can get any iinfo on how to take away the players pokemon tell me and if i find a way ill be sure as to tell you oh ja and i cant check the dyacares script i tried to set it with notepad but it dousnt work sadly and i have NO clue how XSE works so that muddles me up but ill still give it a try ohk ja thanks i hope i helped now a new command is to be found. . . . . haha MORE WORK FOR ALL OF USE!! thanks and cheers!

ohk thanks if you figure it out much apreciated if you can tell me, i hope im not a bother but a quik question:
say now you speak to a guy and like a yes or no question but you dont want it to be yes or no you want it to be a pokemon name or next example
You go into lab and you talk to oak he says; you old now you can get a pokemon wich one shall you have and the box appears like this

[CINDAQAUL]
[TOTODILE]
[CHICKORITA]
[next]

and it goes to a certain command depending on what you chose if you chose a pkms name it will give you it if you chose next it moves onto a new list with diffrent pokemon names i know this may be long since its alot of commands but can you explain this to me please?? i will be grateful thanks alot it will help with my hack!!

Last edited:
Back