• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad -

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2012
^ Either re-script them all, or use Advance Trainer (or PET) to change their Pokemon or use a HEX editor.
I got my OW changer from here.

And redsaber5859,

1- Make a new person event and give it the tree picture. Assign to it this offset; 1BDF13 (in FR).
2- File > Map > New map (I think).
3- I don't know.

Chad -

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2011
1 how do i add a cut event?

2 how do i add new maps?(advancemap)

3 why wont elitemap open and the other programs wont open cuz a rom isnt in their directory?

yes i feel like a N00B

1. It's hard, I think you need to use ASM or something
3. You need to drag the ROM you want to edit into the same folder as them, then it should work (:

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
I went into A-Map and deleted all the script events at the beginning of ruby to start again, but it played through as normal :/ what am i doing wrong?

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
I'm trying to insert a custom sprite using Archie's palette (by just taking his PNG and editing it around) and I try to insert it, but it just looks messed up. It's still 16-colour indexed, so what's the problem? Background is the same, everything is normal (on original).

File uploaded here because Imageshack does not like me. Censored.

Please help me. Picture is on original post.

Chad -

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2012
In Advance Map, open the map you want to remove the level scripts from. Then go to the Header. Scroll till you find Map Script. You will see something like Script type, script offset.. And there is Remove and Add. Keep pressing Remove to delete all the level scripts. Hope that helps.

Chad -

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
When you continue a save in a new beta version... do you continue your sgm (F1 save) or your .sav (save in game)?

You start a new one because of the unstability caused by the save, which is meant to work on that beta only. You can trade over your Pokemon, but that's it.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
In Advance Map, open the map you want to remove the level scripts from. Then go to the Header. Scroll till you find Map Script. You will see something like Script type, script offset.. And there is Remove and Add. Keep pressing Remove to delete all the level scripts. Hope that helps.

Chad -

Ahh thanks, ive done that :D
Now to practise scripting :D

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
I have a few questions, some of which may be simple, some of which, not so much. I'm using Fire Red as the ROM I'm hacking.

1. How do I edit the title screen and the world map?

2. How do I get a script related song to continue playing after exiting the "give a nickname to the Pokémon" screen?

3. THIS IS THE BIG IMPORTANT QUESTION THAT COULD EITHER SAVE OR KILL MY HACK. I've progressed quite a good ways into my hack, but somewhere along the way the Oak intro got glitched. Right after he says "This world... ...is inhabited by creatures we call Pokémon.", the game just freezes. This also happens in every trainer battle in the game; right after the opponent sends out their Pokémon, the game freezes. Almost the same for wild Pokémon battles, however, it gets to the point where you send your Pokémon out, then it shows a glitched sprite and the game freezes. Does anyone have any idea what went wrong?

Chad -

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2012
I can't seem to understand offset thing in the map connections. Can someone please point me to a tutorial or explain it to me, briefly?

Chad -

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2011
Dear PokeCommunity and friends,

Hello everyone! How's everyone doing?

Apologies if this is the wrong section to post this. The information here might not be relevant but I just wanted you guys to know a little of the background to the question.

My name is Andrey Meadows and I'm a Programming teacher (Trainee) (I specialize in Games programming) in London., UK. I teach at a local University.

This year I've received over 150 students who which to start learning a programming language in the new pre-academic year (we already started). This 4 year Programming course is very extensive and requires a lot of patience and dedication and most important of all, CREATIVITY! I can only choose 110 out of 150 before the course starts in late October.

My students don't have programming experience at all; a few of them know a little bit but far from a professional level. Since the course is more game programming orientated, I always start by asking them to make a game using already made tools. I asked everyone which game they wanted to undertake and nearly 80% of the class said POKEMON (When I asked why, they said because they grew up with it and have played all the games).

I know it might be really easy to some of you guys but this is just a fun exercise for my students. To see their creative points and also to get to know them better.

So after I consulted the head programming professor I was given the go ahead. This project is just so they know a little bit how modifying and making a game is like, in a much smaller scale of course.

So they will be graded based on their creativity by me, my job is not to make the game but to test it out and see their creativity and imagination flourish. The deadline is mid October 2010...But they have to make a complete game from start to finish and have a portfolio on what they did when they faced a problem.

Which leads me here, we've started creating the game using advance map and all the software available at wackahack.com...And it's been very fruitful and fun to be honest. Now everyone, keep in mind that I don't know anything about POKEMON what so ever, so I had to research from scratch so I could be on the same level as my students. You must understand that this was hard for me to undertake and oversee this project. This took a lot of time and dedication as pokemon is not really from my generation. So now I know a little bit about pokemon and the concept.
There are a lot of nice tutorials here, and some are very detailed, but slightly confusing according to a few of my students. (A few of my students never played pokemon or as any interest in it)

Everyone has done their map using pokemon series emerald. We modified LITTLEROOT TOWN 0.9... Which included altering the size of the town, putting grass and a lake and creating new houses....also putting the movement permissions and some events.

The problem that everyone has and is stuck on is that WE CANNOT ENTER THE HOUSES WE BUILD WHEN TESTING THE GAME OUT ON VISUALBOYADVANCE, THE WARPS ONLY ALLOW US TO MOVE FROM A PLACE TO ANOTHER BUT NOT INSIDE THE ACTUAL HOUSE WE BUILT.
(The picture attached to this post is the town one of my students created, just a quick sketch)

I'm sure there's a simple explanation to solve this problem but I can't seem to crack what it is, all the tutorials and threads in this site and others don't mention that sector so I'm kind of desperate as my students have turned to me for help. (And I have other teaching matters to do so time is really lacking for me to look into it in detail)

We can't go back in the project as we have a deadline and I really don't want to change projects at this point. Remember this project is to exploit their creativity and imagination and will count for their overall grade based on their creativity.

Were also having problems with person events? I kind of understand it but as I said we have a deadline so time is really tight.... I know the deadline is in October but I have to mark all their work (150 students) and grade it.

So if there's someone here that would kindly explain this to me so I can pass it on to my students I would be forever grateful...I will post in here all of my students designs for your viewing pleasure as a thank you to all...and a list of their name saying thank you when they complete the task.

Also, the tutorials here are wonderful but lacking pictures and examples on a few key threads, so if there's anyone that can put together a FULL ADVANCE MAP DETAILED TUTORIAL FROM A TO Z( some of my students don't know anything about pokemon and the game so that's why I'm asking because we're on a tight deadline and I have no time to do massive research, which is my fault) ,I would be so grateful, then I could print it and pass on to my 150+ students from 6 different classes. (With your permission of course).

So please friends, any comment would be really appreciated and used to help my students...any questions you guys might have I will promptly reply back.

From a Desperate Teacher
Prof Andrey Meadows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back