• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Lightning Yellow

What Should this Hack's Name be?

• Pokemon Lightning Yellow

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Pokemon Electric Yellow

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Pokemon Yellow Voltage

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Pokemon Pikachu Edition

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other(Post name)

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2009
hey hey there. newby here lol. this game is lookin really good. as an older generation pokemon gamer (now goin on 23) this is something i was surprised they ner released so to have it come to a rom form its ganna kick ass...

I was playin the demo lastnight and thought it was really good. i think that pikachu should just be on your back/sholder but even every now and then if pikachu follows you, like inside houses and in the safari zone. just a thought.

cant wait to see some more progress. great work ;)

EDIT* oh and also insted of doing Johto, how about doing the orange islands? its soemthign that was never put in the legit games and it would work well i think

Last edited:
Years
hey hey there. newby here lol. this game is lookin really good. as an older generation pokemon gamer (now goin on 23) this is something i was surprised they ner released so to have it come to a rom form its ganna kick ass...

I was playin the demo lastnight and thought it was really good. i think that pikachu should just be on your back/sholder but even every now and then if pikachu follows you, like inside houses and in the safari zone. just a thought.

cant wait to see some more progress. great work ;)

EDIT* oh and also instead of doing Johto, how about doing the orange islands? its something that was never put in the legit games and it would work well i think
I'm not really familiar with the Orange Islands, if it was only in the TV shows, thats why. I've only played Pokemon games.

Alright, now back to buisness:

I was about to script the last few events today, and I realized I completely forgot how to script.
I'm going to read a few tuts and hopefully I learn how to script again.

Last edited:
Years
Sorry for my inactivity. I have an untested beta ready but I will not be releasing it anytime soon for my own reasons. Sorry but you guys will have to wait a while before the beta goes public.(Or even gets tested)

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2011
hmm... after reading the some of the posts it sounds like your having trouble making pikachu follow.... soo i was thinking couldnt you take the old script from pokemon yellow special pikachu eddition and just modify it a little... ( im not a good hacker soo plz dont get pissed with my reply )

KnilShadowLink

#1 Arcanine Fanboy
Years
>.> I was gonna make a Pokemon Lighting Yellow I had actually started workin on it, I'm not gonna stop, I'm just gonna make it a private game *sighs* I shoulda worked sooner...oh well, anyways good luck on the hack

Years
how about the name golden spark

or the name yellow streak or golden shock
Name was decided months ago, a little to late.
>.> I was gonna make a Pokemon Lighting Yellow I had actually started workin on it, I'm not gonna stop, I'm just gonna make it a private game *sighs* I shoulda worked sooner...oh well, anyways good luck on the hack
Just change the name, and make it public!
how far does the demo go up to which town????
After you battle misty in cerulean, it's over.

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2009
here is one sorry for the delay I didn't have I-net
pokemonlightningyellow.png

The person is over brightened and the grass switches colors

Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2011
Heh, I started playing this and I like it. I'm not even through Viridian Forest but I can't wait to see a final product.
But I did notice a couple wierd things, though I don't know if you've fixed them or not. The first is that there is half of a tree just as you leave Viridian City to go up to Route 2, and the second is that the tree that can be cut right near the guy who gives you the Teachy TV moved: the path there got wider and the tree is on the bottom, with the potion up and to the left of it.
(Sorry about the lack of screenshots, but since I have less than 15 posts, I apparantly can't post links, sorry. I do have them, though.)

Years
I am aware of most of the errors in the demo.
I have the day off of school today, and hope to get beta 1 releasedtested today.

I'm going to try to add extra features if I can.

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2009
Also take out the pidgotto out of viridian, it's to strong for new players

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2009
dun take out the pidgeotto so its exactly like the classic yellow version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back