• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Pokemon Industrial Version

Senyu

Pokemon Exordium Creator
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 21, 2018
Great to here. I hope you enjoy it!

Played for an hour so far and I haven't been bored yet, which is good (been literally talking to everyone)! The only problems is that there are mapping errors and some doors/stairs don't work (none that impact progressing through the story).

I also just got swept by Hamilton's Scraggy... After I saw it had Moxie, I already knew it was over lol.

EDIT: When you enter Hyren Cave and then exit to go back, you end up on a mountain on route 8. You can't move either.

Last edited:

mde2001

Pokemon Industrial Developer
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2016
Played for an hour so far and I haven't been bored yet, which is good (been literally talking to everyone)! The only problems is that there are mapping errors and some doors/stairs don't work (none that impact progressing through the story).

I also just got swept by Hamilton's Scraggy... After I saw it had Moxie, I already knew it was over lol.

EDIT: When you enter Hyren Cave and then exit to go back, you end up on a mountain on route 8. You can't move either.

Thanks for letting me know. I've created a patch at this link. Just put this file in the data folder.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7vdr43zx9oj9x83/Patch.zip

mde2001

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2016
Okay everyone, a few updates. I've commenced work on the post game which is going well so far.

Also Senyu has very kindly offered to fix up the starter sprites a bit so that'll be a significant improvement.

I have a question for people. Currently all of the gym leaders are just recoloured trainers with a few additions. I have started trying to draw my own ones and was looking for opinions on whether they looked okay. I've got an example of my sprite of the psychic gym leader as compared to the current one. Should I create my own ones or stick with the current ones is my question.

Here are the images...
verin_zpsqyodjjoj.png

trainer087_zpsdduoro4u.png

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Makattack202

guy with the torterra pfp
Years
You've definitely got some good ideas going. Your map design seems pretty decent and the plotline has a lot of potential.

Eh. But those sprites... I say you should stick to editing previously existing trainer sprites. It just looks... Nicer... But even then, the sprites aren't perfect. If you'd like, I could touch some of them up for you.

mde2001

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2016
You've definitely got some good ideas going. Your map design seems pretty decent and the plotline has a lot of potential.

Eh. But those sprites... I say you should stick to editing previously existing trainer sprites. It just looks... Nicer... But even then, the sprites aren't perfect. If you'd like, I could touch some of them up for you.

I think you right about which sprites to use. Don't worry about fixing them up though. I think the current ones (while clearly not perfect) will do.

mde2001

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2016
I know that some people don't want to use the fakemon because they don't like the look of them. I'm not going to remove them but feel free to box them. I'll probably add another option (an official pokemon) in the next update. Just as a note Eledrop and Chicklit evolve into pseudos and Baaweed is nearly there (although it is mainly a status pokemon so the offensive stats don't count for much.

In terms of the other pokemon that you recive early game- these don't have to be used either but they have edited movesets so they aren't too strong at the start of the game.

mde2001

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2016
If anyone who has played the game has any feedback (positive or negative) I would love to hear it. If any part of the game seems to drag on/ be too rushed I would appreciate it if you could let me know?

mde2001

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2016
Version 2.0 will be out soon. There won't be a very long postgame but they'll be a bit.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
The Battle Sprites seem a lot off and as for mapping its decent but try a custom tileset that should help the look of your game become better and I consider using the Luka SJ elite battle system. I really don't have a feel for the games name. There's a lot more too improve but that what I claim obvious.

mde2001

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2016
The Battle Sprites seem a lot off and as for mapping its decent but try a custom tileset that should help the look of your game become better and I consider using the Luka SJ elite battle system. I really don't have a feel for the games name. There's a lot more too improve but that what I claim obvious.

Yeah, this game was very much a first try in lots of these things and a bit of a learning experience. I won't be remapping this game with a new tileset or anything but thanks for the feedback anyway. What don't you like about the name.

mde2001

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2016
Unfortunately my computer died and I was an idiot and didn't back up any of the post game. Because of this I'm planning on making quite a short post game as this game hasn't really been very successful. So I think I'll keep it to gym leader rematches. If people are unhappy with this decision please post here and let me know as I'm still happy to do a longer post game but just don't think that anyone will really care.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
So I've gotten three badges and for me the game has suddenly become quite difficult especially going through the factory especially with all the Team Alloy Grunts who have evolved Pokemon such as Swanna, Ferrothorn and Lampent when they would normally not be encountered until later in the game.

Perhaps it is because I didn't choose Eledrop as my starter but I still haven't really found a decent early-game water-type Pokemon. I only have Krabby although I also caught a Panpour and a Slowpoke but neither of these three are very strong water-types.

Back