• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
So this game uses the generation 3 movesets? I'm confused because Scyther didn't learn fury cutter at level 25 like he does in generation 5, but yet theres generation 5 pokemon around like Venipede. Im kind of concerned because wouldn't that give generation 5 pokemon an advantage since their moves are much more updated and just more powerful overall? Oh and is it possible to obtain a Beldum in this game?
It's a 3rd generation hack so it has 3rd generation movesets.
5th generation Pokemon are there just for fans, they have edited movesets that are in most cases not same as in 5th generation as Wesley was limited to 3rd generation moves.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
Do 4th gen legendary pokemon such as Palkia and Dialga have their signature moves(rora of time and special redn)?

And will 4th and 5th gen moves be added to this game at least as TMs?

I've also visited some cities in Lauren but I can't fly there.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'm going to venture a guess that they do NOT have those moves. This because the moves are introduced in fourth gen.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2013
My Electivire de-leveled itself, I guess I have an older version? Also I looked up a guide because I was stuck, Rayner isn't at the powerplant. I cant find a way to make him appear at the gym so I can't continue

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
I got to the world championship and then either my gameboid or tablet went ape**** and deleted my save slots -.-

Good for me, it left first elite four save slots.
I though that it will take me hours to get to the world championship again...then I discovered that gameboid has speed up option. Life is good :D

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
My Electivire de-leveled itself, I guess I have an older version? Also I looked up a guide because I was stuck, Rayner isn't at the powerplant. I cant find a way to make him appear at the gym so I can't continue
You very well might have an older version. Make sure you are using the one in the topic post now, or in Snakebyte's signature (the same one). The version posted here now DOES do the Power Plant correctly with Rayner (I've done it!). If that doesn't work, it might be possible to just remove the flags causing everyone to be hidden and go into the Gym as if the Power Plant was done; after that, you should be able to proceed to Mt. Icestorm without any problems even if you change versions. (BTW, my Electivire is Lv.42, so that's another sign you have a current version.)

I hope to soon have a Zhery bugfix (and some minor Pokémon changes that I will detail when it's posted) available soon, and that will then become the current version. Of course, Ash will have more things to do on my final version, and I think Snakebyte wanted to do something else as well before it was finally finalized.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
Cyclone, can you post any kind of hacking tutorial or post a link to one?
There are some things that I would like to add to my game :)

I've also noticed a couple of minor bugs:
-You can't fly to most places in Lauren(including E4 which makes fighting them to train your pokemon irritating)
-Metagross gives next to nothing exp

If you can, please fix the flying bug.
I need to train my pokemon for the world championship and traveling to the Lauren elite 4 consumes too much time.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016

-You can't fly to most places in Lauren(including E4 which makes fighting them to train your pokemon irritating)

If you can, please fix the flying bug.
I need to train my pokemon for the world championship and traveling to the Lauren elite 4 consumes too much time.
There are all sorts of tutorials on hacking right over here. However, what kind of improvements do you have in mind? Provided they aren't game-breaking, Ash or I might be interested.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
I would fix the Lauren flying bug because it is too annyoing.

So far, regarding pokemon, I would power up Kyurem just a bit. My Kyurem is lvl 66 now and combare to some other pokemon of the same lvl in my party, his statistics are pathetic. He is above some in special atk. and atk. but just for a few points. Even some other legendary pokemon at level 40 have higher stats that Kyurem at lvl 66(Darkrai is a good example with his 180 special attack at level 40 combared to Kyurem's 196 on lvl 66).

But mostly, I would try to add as much 4th and 5th gen moves as possible(giving legendary pokemon their signature moves) and maybe rework the movelist by leveling so that it looks more like 4th or 5th gen.

I was thinking of checking some tutorials and adding improvemenst to my version, but pls tell me, if I hack my version, will I still have my save slots?

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Make sure you are using the one in the topic post now, or in Snakebyte's signature (the same one).
I wouldn't be so sure that SB's last version is the same as in the first post...
If they were, we wouldn't have so many people talking about older versions...

Do 4th gen legendary pokemon such as Palkia and Dialga have their signature moves(rora of time and special redn)?

And will 4th and 5th gen moves be added to this game at least as TMs?
And here we go again... People who aren't reading even though the answer is ONE post above...

VMs! VMs are your friend and keep the thread clear of unnecessary posts.

ROM has not enough flying positions for that.

That should have been fixed in the newest version.

So far, regarding pokemon, I would power up Kyurem just a bit. My Kyurem is lvl 66 now and combare to some other pokemon of the same lvl in my party, his statistics are pathetic. He is above some in special atk. and atk. but just for a few points. Even some other legendary pokemon at level 40 have higher stats that Kyurem at lvl 66(Darkrai is a good example with his 180 special attack at level 40 combared to Kyurem's 196 on lvl 66).
Kyurem has same stats, obviously it doesn't have enough EVs to be powerful.

I was thinking of checking some tutorials and adding improvemenst to my version, but pls tell me, if I hack my version, will I still have my save slots?
Yes, but you will mess up the game by hacking it.
Your choice.

But mostly, I would try to add as much 4th and 5th gen moves as possible(giving legendary pokemon their signature moves) and maybe rework the movelist by leveling so that it looks more like 4th or 5th gen.
OMFG! 4th and 5th generation moves are not implemented because it is NOT possible (or better said, not quite implementable) right now.

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2013
You very well might have an older version. Make sure you are using the one in the topic post now, or in Snakebyte's signature (the same one). The version posted here now DOES do the Power Plant correctly with Rayner (I've done it!). If that doesn't work, it might be possible to just remove the flags causing everyone to be hidden and go into the Gym as if the Power Plant was done; after that, you should be able to proceed to Mt. Icestorm without any problems even if you change versions. (BTW, my Electivire is Lv.42, so that's another sign you have a current version.)

I hope to soon have a Zhery bugfix (and some minor Pokémon changes that I will detail when it's posted) available soon, and that will then become the current version. Of course, Ash will have more things to do on my final version, and I think Snakebyte wanted to do something else as well before it was finally finalized.

Cyclone

What is "removing flags" and how would I go about doing that? Im currently stuck and I would rather not waste 10+ hours of gameplay because I made a dumb mistake and didnt look up the current version. Thanks for your help thus far.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
What is "removing flags" and how would I go about doing that? Im currently stuck and I would rather not waste 10+ hours of gameplay because I made a dumb mistake and didnt look up the current version. Thanks for your help thus far.
TBH, I don't have the tools for that, but I do see in AM where the sprites would be set to appear. Somewhere in the Gym sprite settings with the right tool is a restriction to only appear when the Leader has already returned to the Gym, and for Rayner to appear at the Power Plant only when you can legitimately head in that direction (the Icestorm cave blockage is there until you defeat the Gym).

Now that I'm thinking about it, it makes me wonder if anything was missed on the way to Serenity City...but I don't think anything CAN be missed. You have to do Groment Mines to unlock that Gym, complete that Gym to be able to Surf, and then along Route 412 you go. Provided you didn't use a walk through walls or something, you can't end up in that scenario with the Leader missing from the Power Plant.

However, since Electivire is having level bugs in your copy, you need to replace it with the current copy and try that. Not only will Electivire work, but perhaps the Leader will show up. If I can learn how to remove the flag blocking his appearance (which would require more tools, not something I have time for today), I can set him to appear all the time until spoken to, then he's gone again as before once the Gym is unlocked. However, I'd have to use a copy (or back up the original) because I don't want to do something like that to the main game file I'm working on, which doesn't have this bug.

One more thought. Are you using Save States? Save in-game and then reset the ROM and load it, see if that fixes it.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2013
TBH, I don't have the tools for that, but I do see in AM where the sprites would be set to appear. Somewhere in the Gym sprite settings with the right tool is a restriction to only appear when the Leader has already returned to the Gym, and for Rayner to appear at the Power Plant only when you can legitimately head in that direction (the Icestorm cave blockage is there until you defeat the Gym).

Now that I'm thinking about it, it makes me wonder if anything was missed on the way to Serenity City...but I don't think anything CAN be missed. You have to do Groment Mines to unlock that Gym, complete that Gym to be able to Surf, and then along Route 412 you go. Provided you didn't use a walk through walls or something, you can't end up in that scenario with the Leader missing from the Power Plant.

However, since Electivire is having level bugs in your copy, you need to replace it with the current copy and try that. Not only will Electivire work, but perhaps the Leader will show up. If I can learn how to remove the flag blocking his appearance (which would require more tools, not something I have time for today), I can set him to appear all the time until spoken to, then he's gone again as before once the Gym is unlocked. However, I'd have to use a copy (or back up the original) because I don't want to do something like that to the main game file I'm working on, which doesn't have this bug.

One more thought. Are you using Save States? Save in-game and then reset the ROM and load it, see if that fixes it.

Cyclone
So I need to get a fresh copy of the rom correct, then apply the patch? Or can I just patch over more current light platinum rom?

Edit: Okay I applied the patch over it and loaded it up and what do you know, hes standing there now, now I guess I can go get my electivire too. This is great thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
Ok, I rly want to hack this game :)

So tell me can this be done:

I got to the world championship and finished it in the first run. It was dissapointing, to say the least. I was hoping for a bigger challenge :/

So now what I want to do is make an event of my own.

I want to:
-Put several srsly strong trainers in the game(stronger than Ash)
-Make it so that I can fight them over and over like in the World Championship
-Make a location where the fights will take place(like the world championship arena).

Can this be done(at least the first two) and which tutorials should I look up?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Adjuk, you're better off making your own hack of a game if you want to do something like that. I'm generally only making fixes or adding Pokémon that are missing (see Froslass), not adding whole creative content to the game.

I am making a possible exception for the missing Route 503 and possibly adding it connected to a new area with starters. Not decided on that yet. But otherwise, it's not my game, so I'm not going to habitually apply new creative content.

How I can get unstuck from the 3rd gym?
You saved in the Gym before completing it, then reloaded, and now can't get out, correct?

Two (maybe three) options:

1. Start over.
2. Use a Gameshark code (Ruby set) for walking through walls, which is easy enough to apply.
3. (Untested) Finish defeating the Leader, save, and see if the Gym unblocks.

In the future this will be fixed somehow so that you can't get stuck, or have an express path out in case of problems. Right now, we have to deal with it.

Cyclone

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
does anyone know how to evolve pokemon that usually require trading such as kadabra?
By trading. Seriously. In-game NPCs will trade, for instance, a Poliwhirl holding a King's Rock, which then evolves to Politoed. Scizor and Gengar also come to mind as other evolutions.

I hope to eventually have a full list in my walkthrough. While I plan to refer to each at the time it's available, a separate list would be handy as well.

Cyclone

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2013
IS red only supposed to have like 2-3 pokemon in these random encounters with him or is that also a bug?

Back