• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]Pokemon World Tournament Discussion

Do you like Pokemon World Tournament?

• Yes! I love this new feature!

Votes: 170 89.5%
  • No, I don't like this new feature!

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Maybe, I am not sure I like or don't like this new feature.

Votes: 18 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Serebii says you can download the rest of the Champions and Gym Leaders through special events to participate in the World Tournament so we can get all of them when they are released.

Pokemon Trainers: Gotta Collect 'em all~

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
So it appears that it's another download characters like in Conquest with the character stories...I guess we might see more of these download characters by Wi-fi soon...that makes me feel like this isn't canon...

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Its probably not going to be canon which is why Gary(Blue/Green), Giovanni, Steven, Lance still have prior generation art work. Kind of reminds me of what they are currently doing with Fire Emblem Awakening where they have Downloadable characters. So every so often Nintendo issues new downloadable characters and they are just their for the sole reason of fighting and have no bearing upon anything outside of the Tournament.

Years
If it's going to be 3vs.3 and tag battles then who are we going to fight with? I doubt it if we get paired with people like Giovanni, Blue, and all those rough people who would like to beat us up instead. We'll probably get paired with those nice people such as Erika, Bugsy, etc.

Tag battle opponents anyone? They don't have to be mono-types but I can't think of any dual/mixed-types right now. Here's a few: Blaine and Flannery. Koga and Janine. Volkner and Elesa . Tate and Lisa... oh wait.
(I swear if anyone starts some shipping on this i'll-... I don't know anymore...)

Will they have this random island for the location? I don't seem to remember an island big enough for all this in Black and White. Unless they make this random island like Fullmoon and Victory. (Just appearing on the map like that... thought I was hallucinating for a minute...) Or the location could be in a cave. Or in the sky for that matter. I always wanted a location/building in the sky in Pokemon.

Stuff-
http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/worldtournament.shtml
http://www.jefusion.com/2012/05/pokemon-black-white-2-features.html
http://geek.pikimal.com/2012/05/13/new-pokemon-black-2-white-2-details-tease-hollywood-minigame/

Last edited:

RetroRoller

Trailer Trash
Years
Except they weren't Gym Leaders, and Giovanni was. The only other Team Whatever member that has any chance of showing up would be N, seeing as he was Champion at one point (at least I think- I haven't beaten B/W yet, but from what I've read he beat Alder, so).
Oh yeah, I didn't think about that :P

Hmm... it's likely N will have something to do with the BW2 storyline... this might mean something happens to him (for example, he runs off again) which could make him not appear in the Tournament.

Last edited:

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
Does it matter if it's canon or not?

(Fun fact: if GF is lazy and uses the Unova music, Lance will have used five different battle themes, with him gaining one new theme in each generation. This total excludes Stadium.)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Well, I feel better about this idea now that the trainers are downloadable. So, if there's a particular character who you don't want to see, you can just not download their data (as long as they're not one of the pre-programmed defaults). I'm kinda hoping yo can download individually and not in "packs" for fear of my favorite character being lumped with one I don't want.

And since it's allegedly non-canon, it might just be the ticket to see my beloved Leaf again :) Just don't package her with you-know-who, okay, Gamefreak?

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years

Oh this is true. N could possibly be the new champion of Unova even, if Alder isn't. But if that's the case, then I think Alder should appear in the tournament instead.
CoroCoro already said that nobody knows where N is, i'm guessing thats the biases of the actual story

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
What real Pokemon fan wouldn't like this?

This sums it up well. I've been wanting a feature like this for a long time and that cafe/bar/whatever in Platinum was a step in the right direction and this kinda takes it a few steps farther. Excited to see how it all pans out, but I'm sure I won't be disappointed. I do wonder if we'll get to battle any of the previous protagonists though? (I'm guessing the last two from B&W1 will appear here.)

Years
I like it, but it sort of screws with the continuity, just a tiny bit. BW takes place sometime after DPPt, right? And B2W2 takes place two years after that. The characters haven't changed at all over that time (Most likely because Game Freak didn't see the point in updating all the designs of all the trainers).

That aside, it's cool to see old faces again. I've always liked tournaments in Pokemon games.

And since it's allegedly non-canon
Now that I think about it, that's probably the case.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
The fact that Geo has his gen III art makes me think this might not be cannonical at all... too bad because Steven could've fixed up Hoenn's spot in the timeline...

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
Years
If the Hoenn leaders don't show up for some reason, then it pretty much confirms for me that RS will be remade.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
I think World Tournament IS canon because:
- it looks like Giovanni has sprite from HG/SS (third on the right on tournament table, I think it's him),
- look at battle titles for Cynthia, Steven, Lance and Gary. They all say "Pokemon Trainer" ポケモントレーナー there won't be problem if Giovanni is classified as still being Gym Leader because he's probably going to be simply called Pokemon Trainer,
- if it wasn't canon both Steven and Wallace would appear in Corocoro being labeled as Champions, but only Steven appeared. It also most likely indicates that B2/W2 take place before R/S/E.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I think World Tournament IS canon because:
- it looks like Giovanni has sprite from HG/SS (third on the right on tournament table, I think it's him),
- look at battle titles for Cynthia, Steven, Lance and Gary. They all say "Pokemon Trainer" ポケモントレーナー there won't be problem if Giovanni is classified as still being Gym Leader because he's probably going to be simply called Pokemon Trainer,
- if it wasn't canon both Steven and Wallace would appear in Corocoro being labeled as Champions, but only Steven appeared. It also most likely indicates that B2/W2 take place before R/S/E.

That would depend on which game series they are following. If they don't include Emerald's story as Canon then Juan doesn't exist and Wallace is a Gym Leader while only Steven is Champion.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
That would depend on which game series they are following. If they don't include Emerald's story as Canon then Juan doesn't exist and Wallace is a Gym Leader while only Steven is Champion.

That would mean they shouldn't include Eusine in HG/SS because Crystal's story is not canon. I don't believe they will ever don't count third game as canon.
Actually, third games are more important as canon because they contain more expanded storyline. In B/W Cynthia compares player to that trainer who encountered Giratina, referring to canon event she witnessed in Distortion World in Platinum. All third games are counted as canon.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
That would mean they shouldn't include Eusine in HG/SS because Crystal's story is not canon. I don't believe they will ever don't count third game as canon.
Actually, third games are more important as canon because they contain more expanded storyline. In B/W Cynthia compares player to that trainer who encountered Giratina, referring to canon event she witnessed in Distortion World in Platinum. All third games are counted as canon.

Platinum was already revealed as Canon with Looker. Never said anything about Third games only Emerald. Twice Steven has been shown as the Champion of Hoenn despite Wallace taking over in Emerald. It may just be Emerald that wasn't counted. RSE have conflicting stories already, after all they happen at the same time with two different sets of Final Gym and Champions) so they'd have to choose one or the other. They seem to have Chosen Ruby and Sapphire's story over Emeralds's.

With Steven still being Champion, they are saying that Ruby/Sapphire's story takes precedence over Emerald's.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
Platinum was already revealed as Canon with Looker. Never said anything about Third games only Emerald. Twice Steven has been shown as the Champion of Hoenn despite Wallace taking over in Emerald. It may just be Emerald that wasn't counted. RSE have conflicting stories already, after all they happen at the same time with two different sets of Final Gym and Champions) so they'd have to choose one or the other. They seem to have Chosen Ruby and Sapphire's story over Emeralds's.

With Steven still being Champion, they are saying that Ruby/Sapphire's story takes precedence over Emerald's.

Well, D/P and Platinum also have conflicting stories... stories of Giratina and Cyrus are different in those games. If they've chosen Crystal's and Platinum's stories to be canon, they will also choose Emerald.
They will never exclude any third game from canon. Emerald is also part of canon. We just don't have proof yet, because R/S/E seem to be last in timeline. Platnium is already proven to be canon only because it takes place before B/W and B2/W2.

Assuming that all third games are canon, World Tournament confirms that B2/W2 take place before R/S/E.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back