• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
@Drunk: Yup! Plenty of spots available.

@LawOfTheLand: Loldodging is not an effective strategy in the games and it isn't an effective strategy in reality. The military does not teach dodging.

Oh... And your reaction time can only be trained to a degree. Humans can get as low as .2-.3 seconds if I recall correctly. Which is kind of a long time when you've got projectiles flying at you at high speeds or are being punched in the face.

Also, I should clarify that hiding behind cover or using protect is not dodging. It's blocking, same as carrying a shield around. The fact remains that dodging without justification is in fact god modding.

o.o . . .

So then . . .

Here's something I'm curious about.

An attack hitting a limb being used for blocking and an attack hitting something like torso and head.

Critical hits would be more like vital points on a creature's body, and normal hits would be if they hit something like an arm or a tail being used for blocking or. . . just some other spot that really wouldn't hurt so bad if it was hit.

I know it seems like a dumb question but I've only pokemon battled inside the games so. . . yeah I'm more or less trying to get a better sense of how some game stuff(like terms or mechanics or moves) would work in the RP instead of the game and all.

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
Finishing the Pokémon section took me DAYS.

Anyways, I suppose here you guys go; a Weather Professor! (I might still make a student, only later)

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Drunk: Oh wow! that was fast. c: I didn't expect you to have it ready. Regardless, depending on when/if I can get ahold of Megaman765 for a second opinion you should get an answer by tomorrow at latest. Props for taking a teacher.

@pokepokemo: Oh! I just noticed your question. I'm sorry. Here. |D
Also another Question, what if somebody wanted to trade? Would it be with a student?
Like in the anime, pokeballs are (somehow automatically) registered to their trainers, and in order to officially trade one must use a trading machine. You'll be able to find those in the pokemon center. Unless the original owner reports a pokemon as stolen though, you won't get in trouble for just taking someone else's pokemon generally speaking. Alternatively, a trainer can release their pokemon (As in, permanently) but with the intention of the other trainer catching it.

Gold19

Yes, I'm that One Guy
Years
Yes, another team update.

Spr_5b_627.png

Name: Rufflet
Lvl 25
Moves: Aerial Ace, Hone Claws, Wing Attack, Fury Attack, Peck, Work Up

Spr_5b_256_m.png

Name: Combusken
Lvl 21
Moves: Peck, Double Kick, Ember, Focus Energy, Sand Attack, Scratch

Spr_5b_239.png

Name: Elekid
Lvl 17
Moves: Quick Attack, Swift, Thunder Shock, Low Kick, Ice Punch, Brick Break

Spr_5b_304.png

Name: Aron
Lvl 17
Moves: Tackle, Harden, Mud-Slap, Headbutt, Metal Claw

Spr_5b_273.png

Name: Seedot
Lvl 14
Moves: Bide, Harden, Growth, Nature Power

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jul 7, 2014
Dr. Kelvin and his team of weather starters plus Castform. Roflmao. I love him already. Can't wait to see what his lectures are like.

(My grandmother started coming down with Alzheimer's last year, and my family occasionally had to make the hour-long drive to help her find things she lost, so I have some experience with this sort of thing.)

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
@ Mr. Mammoth: Haha, not out of my pocket… :P

And YAY! I'm accepted. Should I wait for an introduction, or just jump in?

Also, I'm sorry to hear about your grandma Law, I understand what it can be like. I hope she gets better. :)

EDIT: I edited Weatherman's moves…
Rain Dance → Thunder,
Sunny Day → SolarBeam, and
Hail → Protect (I didn't know Castform didn't get Earth Power :()​

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
Well, you see. In most RP the main characters are pushed together (for one reason or another). This means that if someone goes inactive it slows everyone else down. Here that doesn't happen because people can just move on easily or just not worry about it.

The only true limit we as the GMs are worrying about are how much we can keep track of. |D

Speaking of which though...

Chef30 is dropped for inactivity

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
I've a couple of questions:
  • What's going on in the RP plot-wise? (I read like three pages of posts and then I realized I had ~127 left to go :S)
  • When I post, should I just say I've been there the whole time? (There's so many characters, not to mention NPCs, that I feel this should be fine, right?)
  • I'm thinking of introducing my char with a lecture post.
    1) Should I just post some part of my lecture and expect people to post afterward?
    2) If so, I'd like to see who'd be interested in attending the class? (I don't know if classes are elective, or if attendance is compulsory, so that would be nice to know too.)
  • Lastly, if someone posts in my class once, and then doesn't, does that mean I have to fail them :( (JK with that face… he's gon' LOVE failing you, damn rascals!)

Dawn

Years
What's going on in the RP plot-wise? (I read like three pages of posts and then I realized I had ~127 left to go :S)

Plotwise, we're focusing primarily on character interaction and training. As a teacher you don't need to worry about the latter much. Rather, you should be focusing on character interaction and raising students.

Basically? Plot wise it's rather sandbox esque right now. You can do what you please and just screw around. As characters develop and things happen around the island the plot will slowly become more and more evident.

Right now IC it's the start of a new day. That means class is going on. (Class is in the mornings, and there is only one class per day.) For today, the class is type specialization, where students learn more about their favorite type. Simply pick a type to teach and have fun. If none of the actual RPers have their characters come to your class you may feel free to just detail a class with NPC sudents.

Alternatively, perhaps your teacher isn't qualified for / would rather not teach type specialization for the day. In that case, you're free to do whatever you please including explore the island or help moderate another class that has RPers in it. All teachers are allowed to accept volunteer students after class, and there is nothing saying teachers cannot hang out with the students. (Though, that might be socially a bit more difficult to pull off.)

When I post, should I just say I've been there the whole time? (There's so many characters, not to mention NPCs, that I feel this should be fine, right?)

Yes you may! (Alternatively you may have just been hired. It's really your choice, though your idea is easier on you.)

I'm thinking of introducing my char with a lecture post.
1) Should I just post some part of my lecture and expect people to post afterward?
2) If so, I'd like to see who'd be interested in attending the class? (I don't know if classes are elective, or if attendance is compulsory, so that would be nice to know too.)

A lecture post? As in, as a class? Normally I pick which students go to which classes, which means you'll usually have RPers in your class. (At least 1 anyway) However, today RPers get to pick, so you might not. You can ask in this thread here yes.

Perhaps I'll throw MacKenzie your way for starters?

Lastly, if someone posts in my class once, and then doesn't, does that mean I have to fail them :( (JK with that face… he's gon' LOVE failing you, damn rascals!)

If someone goes inactive without posting I recommend waiting at least 2-3 days. After that, you can move on without them if you so desire. (In the most appropriate way possible, please. Nothing spiteful.)

But no. |D You can however give students detentions in your classroom if they try to skip class. To actually fail a student you need to present them with a challenge of some sort that they fail to pass.

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
Right now IC it's the start of a new day. That means class is going on. (Class is in the mornings, and there is only one class per day.) For today, the class is type specialization, where students learn more about their favorite type. Simply pick a type to teach and have fun. If none of the actual RPers have their characters come to your class you may feel free to just detail a class with NPC sudents.

Alternatively, perhaps your teacher isn't qualified for / would rather not teach type specialization for the day. In that case, you're free to do whatever you please including explore the island or help moderate another class that has RPers in it. All teachers are allowed to accept volunteer students after class, and there is nothing saying teachers cannot hang out with the students. (Though, that might be socially a bit more difficult to pull off.)
Well, as a weather teacher, and considering my Pokémon team… I don't know if it would Type Specialization would fit Dr. K's qualifications… although if it's cool to do Normal-type Specialization, I'd be down. (I just don't want to have nothing to do at any given school day).

Dawn

Years
I honestly recommend getting a second character in the form of a student if you can handle it in that case. Your second and third characters take up no slots so.

EDIT: As you all may have noticed from my last post, MacKenzie has found herself pokemon-ified. (She's now a smeargle.) That being said, I'm NPCifying her as she no longer qualifies as a student or a teacher. Both she and her pokemon are open to be caught. However, as they are all rather high level compared to wild pokemon, you'll have to ask me here in the OOC thread beforehand. (It's mostly just so I know who gets them so I'm not surprised when someone suddenly has a new level 30 pokemon.) I'm willing to play her for whomever wishes. Though I /might/ get slightly picky about who/if someone catches MacKenzie.

She can totally talk by the way. She's just not going to until she finds herself crammed in a ball. (You'll understand the justification for why she can talk and why she chooses not to if you read the post.)

Here is her current team including herself. It doesn't include the snivy egg, but that more or less comes with MacKenzie herself unless the catcher doesn't want it.

smeargleicon.png
MacKenzie ♀ Lv. 30 (Transform, Lovely Kiss, Sweet Kiss, Tackle, Sketch, Sketch)
tangelaicon.png
Mew ♂ Lv. 33 (Sunny Day, Sleep Powder, Synthesis, Leech Seed, Pain Split, Leaf Storm)
jigglypufficon.png
Melody ♀ Lv. 31 (Sing, Perish Song, Attract, Charm, Sweet Kiss, Focus Punch)
remoraidicon.png
Limpet ♂ Lv. 29 (Octazooka, Lock-On, Ice Beam, Gunk Shot, Acid Spray, Seed Bomb)
dunsparceicon.png
Aile ♀ Lv. 26 (Headbutt, Glare, Defense Curl, Dig, Yawn, Sunny Day)
beedrillicon.png
Beest ♀ Lv. 30 (Pursuit, Protect, Acrobatics, Harden, Twin Needle, Focus Energy)

Aaaand here's my app for a new student to replace MacKenzie on my character roster. |D

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Just to let you all you guys know, I probably won't be able to log in to PC because I hve to finish a couple of school assignments so till Wednesday I'm gonna be less active than usual. Hope you all understand. :(

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
lol some one named wolf... check my username to understand. if you still don't get it Jason Wolf is my general RP character. oh if I was moer active I'd so add in Jason to my roster right now.

btw I plan on catching a pokemon soon. do I need to have it cleared with anyone? I know there are tons of ways captures are controlled.

Dawn

Years
@Mick Fizz: That's fine.

@Jasonwolf: Doh x3 Well, if you ever feel up to it, we'd love to have him.

Also, here's my app for my teacher. She's very... special.

Spoiler:

I've also made the decision (After quite a while of thought) to integrate Hilda's club as part of the plot, making her a plot character whom will have restricted control privileges. (You'll need to ask beforehand. She'll be heavily involved in extra-curricular activities, but will also teach battling.)

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
Years
Updating team time! I'll do Calnith in my next post.
Vincent Xackford Luna

006.png

Blitz (Charizard M)
lvl 44
Moveset: Flamethrower, Dragon Pulse, Flame Burst, Wing Attack, Dragon Claw, Smokescreen

633.png

Dyno (Deino M)
lvl 30
Moveset: Dark Pulse, Earth Power, Slam, Crunch, Dragonbreath, Screech

595.png

Wattage (Joltik M)
lvl 29
Moveset: Thunder bolt, Poison Jab, X-scissor, Volt Switch, Thunder wave, Electroweb, Cross Poison

530.png

Terra (Excadrill M)
lvl 38
Moveset: Horn Drill, Rock Slide, Metal Claw, Earthquake

347.png

Scissors (Anorith M)
lvl 22
Moveset: Metal Claw, Harden, Mud Sport, Water Gun

570.png

Shade (Zorua M)
lvl 24
Moveset: Faint Attack, Furry Swipes, Scary Face, Pursuit