• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zak

xpert trainer
Years
big problem!!!

ok i also hav a problem , i created a few maps from scratch and ive encountered a few problems...... 1stly some times wen i enter a wild battle after i finish the battle its like im out of the main characters body , its wierd i can stil move a bit but the player overworld is not moving.... now this usualy happens because of one of the overworlds ive inserted in the scratch map so i remove it , but i was wondering if there was another way to prevent this?

another thing one of the scratch maps sometimes like resets the events, it literaly max's out al the event you can have, but none of them are visible....

if anyone has anything that may help me wiv this plz post, or pm me...................................zak.......... ............................

also , i htink this may be related to damaged scripts but im not sure anyone else had this problem , btw hacking ruby rom..............

Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2013
thx alot Christos!

I kinda have 2 more problems

whenever i try to go to a thread on pkmncommunity forums(like the tools showcase) or something, it always shows this:

Warning: vB_Registry::include(/home/pokecomm/public_html/includes/config.php) [function.vB-Registry-include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/pokecomm/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2343
Warning: vB_Registry::include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/pokecomm/public_html/includes/config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/pokecomm/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2343
Configuration: includes/config.php does not exist. Please fill out the data in config.php.new and rename it to config.php

and also, when i try open advmart and atext, i get an error that says:

run-time error '339':
component 'comclt32.ocx' or one of its dependences not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

can someone pls help me pls?

Chiaki Shinichi

Beginning Hacker
Years
thx alot Christos!

whenever i try to go to a thread on pkmncommunity forums(like the tools showcase) or something, it always shows this:

Warning: vB_Registry::include(/home/pokecomm/public_html/includes/config.php) [function.vB-Registry-include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/pokecomm/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2343
Warning: vB_Registry::include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/pokecomm/public_html/includes/config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/pokecomm/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2343
Configuration: includes/config.php does not exist. Please fill out the data in config.php.new and rename it to config.php

run-time error '339':
component 'comclt32.ocx' or one of its dependences not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

It means The webpage is not in the directory.

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2008
Thanks everyone who answered e the advice on the SCRPITING WORKED WOOOHOOO!!!!!!!! and i also got anther question how do you edit professer oak at the intro any help i appreciated WOOOHOOO!!!!!!!!

EDIT: everytime i put in the new script it changes the name of the cities can the connection goes out of whack even when i just put it into the new rom so can someone plz help

Last edited:

foofatron

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 2, 2007
How come when I exit a biulding the main character surfs?How come when I walk to anthor area the main character goes under the tileset?Please help.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Well.. Maybe there should be a 'question' topic only for scripts..
You're right.. I have a script question.
Spoiler:
This is my first script (Spoiler...)
(Don't pay attention on the Masterball.. It's just a test script..)
I only have 2 problems ^^
- The checkflag doesn't work..
- When I get the item I get (not exactly):
"Player received a Masterball"
"Player put the Masterball in the Balls pocket"

*Now the person walks again.. and I still stand there ^^*
"Player put the Masterball in the Balls pocket"

So yes.. I get the same text twice, but in other colors :-\

Please help :D I'm just practicing scripts before I'll start a hack again :D

I don't see any errors in the script, but why did you put "break" there?

thx alot Christos!

run-time error '339':

Download "comclt32.ocx" and put it in the A-text and A-Mart folder.

How come when I exit a biulding the main character surfs?How come when I walk to anthor area the main character goes under the tileset?Please help.

Question!

How do I change palettes in Ruby? I want to change the tileset palettes...

There was a tutorial for it before, but it got deleted. I think someone's posted a quick guide on how to edit palettes in the old thread.

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
I don't see any errors in the script, but why did you put "break" there?
No errors ?! ME HAPPY :P
It's my first script.. ^^
But.. the checkflag really won't work + the double text thing.. Maybe I'll make a video later this day..
And, I put the break there because.. well.. I can delete it :P
The message first wouldn't come up ('Aw..Maybe this can help!')
So I put a break.. but later on I noticed I forgot the boxset ^^

Btw, what does 'boxset 0x2' mean ?
I know 'boxset 0x6' is the normal one and '0x5' is a question box.. but '0x2' ?

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
No errors ?! ME HAPPY :P
It's my first script.. ^^
But.. the checkflag really won't work + the double text thing.. Maybe I'll make a video later this day..
And, I put the break there because.. well.. I can delete it :P
The message first wouldn't come up ('Aw..Maybe this can help!')
So I put a break.. but later on I noticed I forgot the boxset ^^

Btw, what does 'boxset 0x2' mean ?
I know 'boxset 0x6' is the normal one and '0x5' is a question box.. but '0x2' ?

I think it's for a normal boxset, same as 0x6, and 0x3 and 0x4 are the same too.

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2008
can someone plz tell me why when i make my new script the name of my first 3 towns names mess up and my some of my corrections completely mess up.

can someone plz tell me how to stop it

foofatron

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 2, 2007
How come when I exit a biulding the main character surfs?How come when I walk to anthor area the main character goes under the tileset?Whats wrong with it?Someone please answer it.Also how do I insert WAH's tiles in the game need detailed discription!

Last edited:

foofatron

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 2, 2007
can someone plz tell me why when i make my new script the name of my first 3 towns names mess up and my some of my corrections completely mess up.

You can use advance map to change names I'm not sure why it would effect the town names.Does this happen with every script or one script in particular?

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
Years

It's because you are putting the script in a place with too little space. The script is overwriting the town names and connections.

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2008
how do i add extra tilesets and how do i make more names for cities and stuff

Last edited:

DiamondDust

Life Is An Initial Step...
Years
Yeah, how do I take out the sprites from a spritesheet and add it through OverWorldSpriteEditor?

Here's the Spritesheet, please do not take.
wessheetrcompleteeo0.png

Where do i download comclt32.ocx?

It's not a file, it's a location somewhere at the C: Drive.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2010
hi im new to hacking and need a it of help

1 - do people actually posrt download points for the rom hacks they make?
2 - i have the following prograns - Xeon, Advance map, all of the elite map programs.

* how do i change the trainer and my trainer back pic when i enter a battle? and which program do i use?

*using unLZ Gba program how do i change the pallete and keep it that way? also how do i edit a pallete?

*using elite-map or advance map (preferably elite map) how do i change tiles and make them walk-through able? . when ever i plzce plain grass down i cannot walk thorugh it how do i stop this?

thanks!

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
You can edit the trainer backpic with TLP or Tile Molester.
In Advance Map in Movement Permissions view put "C" on the grass to make it walk-through able and in Elite Map choose the grass block in "Attributes".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back