• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2011
Male: 0x5a084c
Female: 0x5a08ec
Wow you're a godsend aren't you! A clean sweep of everybody's problems. Thanks a lot, found the map icon. RE finding the player's palette, did you mean to use VBA's viewer? There doesn't seem to be a way to choose which palette apart from background and foreground. and heh just to be greedy you don't happen to know where I can find the pokemon sprite for flying do you? Last question I promise:P

Years
I'm stuck with Prof. Birch on Emerald, so my questions are:

1) Can I remove the part in the intro where you have to write your name and move it somewhere else?

2) Is it possible to hide the Pokébal in his hand and the Lotad that comes out?

compare question1 0x1 if 0x1 goto checkq2
end

#org @checkq2
compare question2 0x1 if 0x1 goto question3

3) How can I call this intro later in the game?

I know there are some errors in this script, like the dynamic offset thing, but it was only a joke, so don't mind about that too much ^_^

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Wow you're a godsend aren't you! A clean sweep of everybody's problems. Thanks a lot, found the map icon. RE finding the player's palette, did you mean to use VBA's viewer? There doesn't seem to be a way to choose which palette apart from background and foreground. and heh just to be greedy you don't happen to know where I can find the pokemon sprite for flying do you? Last question I promise:P

The palettes that I was referring to are the ones on the right side (under the "Sprite" section"). Though there aren't numbers for the palettes, each row is a palette. So Palette 0 would be the first row, Palette 1 would be the second row, and so forth. If you compare the third row (Palette 2) with the seventh row (Palette 6), you should notice that the seventh row just looks like a washed out version of the third row.

I think the flying pokemon sprite is at '0x4fbaf8'. Can you check that and make sure that we're thinking of the same thing?

Poster

Will pixel art for pizza
Years
I'm stuck with Prof. Birch on Emerald, so my questions are:

1) Can I remove the part in the intro where you have to write your name and move it somewhere else?

2) Is it possible to hide the Pokébal in his hand and the Lotad that comes out?

compare question1 0x1 if 0x1 goto checkq2
end

#org @checkq2
compare question2 0x1 if 0x1 goto question3

3) How can I call this intro later in the game?

I know there are some errors in this script, like the dynamic offset thing, but it was only a joke, so don't mind about that too much ^_^
check asmknowledge 0x1
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @canmakeallthreethingsyouasked
end

#org @canmakeallthreethingsyouasked
callasm 0xWOOT
return

...but yeah, all three require ASM knowledge. I also think no one has achieved No. 2 yet. (afaik)

Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
I had trouble locating some of the stuff but could some one help me find tools and documentation (hex/asm) for hacking Pokemon: Yellow version?

Years
check asmknowledge 0x1
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @canmakeallthreethingsyouasked
end

#org @canmakeallthreethingsyouasked
callasm 0xWOOT
return

...but yeah, all three require ASM knowledge. I also think no one has achieved No. 2 yet. (afaik)
So I need ASM... as I thought.
Another reason to learn Assembly :D

1st Gen FTW

We only need 151.
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2011
Is there any way to make Fire Red have more than one battle theme? For example, have a regular battle theme, gym leader theme, champion theme and maybe a rival theme? If so can you do it more than once?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 8, 2011
Does anyone know how to edit the grass tile animation? I've inserted some new grass tiles but I need to change the animation for when you step on it.

Rayce

Nooo0000OOB
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
I've been trying to play hacks but A-ptch isn't working for me and I can't get the .isp patcher to download. Any help? If you need specifics PM me please

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2016
If you download elitemap it should come with lips, the ips patches. Got to recommend it over spa just because it's what you'll be seeing more often.

SPG

Pyroblock
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 4, 2013
ok im making a hack where i need to breed a hacked pokemon (custom sprite) with a real one ex mewtwo knight and mewtwo. and i cant find a tool where it can change what pokemon will come out of an egg (not a given one) or where what 2 pokemon are compatible to breed. so for another example mewtwo+mewtwo knight=shadow mew is this possible? or would i need to think of a new concept for my hack. sorry if this is the wrong thred/all ready posted

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
I've been trying to play hacks but A-ptch isn't working for me and I can't get the .isp patcher to download. Any help? If you need specifics PM me please
Are you patching the IPS/APS patches correctly? Can you explain how you patched it? Go here for some information on patching.

Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2019
I want to create a Warp, where.. The user gets transported from Route 1 to Rocket Hideout, is that possible? if so how can i do that.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
I want to create a Warp, where.. The user gets transported from Route 1 to Rocket Hideout, is that possible? if so how can i do that.
Using Advance Map, you add a warp event to the map you want, and change the map/map bank to the other place that you wanted.

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2016
So here's a noob question, but it may solve my problems.
When you replace the front spite should you replace the back sprite for that pokemon at the same time?

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2015
I've asked this question before, but different people said different things and I didn't get a strait answer so here we go.

Is it safe to increase the number of warps/person events/script events on a map, or increasing the size of the map without repointing data? And if not, how would I go about repointing the data? I didn't see any offsets for the raw map data listed in A-Map.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Since you didn't specify im I'mgoing to go ahead and assume youre you'reworkingT

I've asked this question before, but different people said different things and I didn't get a strait answer so here we go.

Is it safe to increase the number of warps/person events/script events on a map, or increasing the size of the map without repointing data? And if not, how would I go about repointing the data? I didn't see any offsets for the raw map data listed in A-Map.
It is safe to increase the number of warps events and the size of the map without any negative consequences.
So here's a noob question, but it may solve my problems.
When you replace the front spite should you replace the back sprite for that pokemon at the same time?
You don't have to do it at the same time though its a good idea so that you don't forget. Not tto mention if the palettes are different the backspfite will end up looking weird.
ok im making a hack where i need to breed a hacked pokemon (custom sprite) with a real one ex mewtwo knight and mewtwo. and i cant find a tool where it can change what pokemon will come out of an egg (not a given one) or where what 2 pokemon are compatible to breed. so for another example mewtwo+mewtwo knight=shadow mew is this possible? or would i need to think of a new concept for my hack. sorry if this is the wrong thred/all ready posted
Since you didn't specify I'm going to assume you're working on a Gen 3 hack. Using YAPE set Shadow Mews evolution as Mewtwo or Mewtwo Knight. If you don't want shadow mew to evoleve into either of them make the evolution condition either ,Breeding Only or imposible (such as Happiness at Night if you're using Fire Red). That way breeding Mewtwo will give you Shadow Mew. If you want to isolate it so that only Mewtwo and Mewtwo Knight canbreed you'd have to add them to an egg group with no other pokemon in it. But that would mead messing up the balance of egg groups.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 31, 2017
I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I wasn't exactly sure what terms to use when searching for it...
How do you make a script show a picture of a Pokemon?
EX: When choosing starter, Fuschia City Zoo

SPG

Pyroblock
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 4, 2013
Since you didn't specify I'm going to assume you're working on a Gen 3 hack. Using YAPE set Shadow Mews evolution as Mewtwo or Mewtwo Knight. If you don't want shadow mew to evoleve into either of them make the evolution condition either ,Breeding Only or imposible (such as Happiness at Night if you're using Fire Red). That way breeding Mewtwo will give you Shadow Mew. If you want to isolate it so that only Mewtwo and Mewtwo Knight canbreed you'd have to add them to an egg group with no other pokemon in it. But that would mead messing up the balance of egg groups.
ok sound great thx ^_^ sounds like i would need to change mewtwo in to a ditto group and pick the egg group thats less common from all the otheres and make thoughs pokemon unabtainable in my hack thx ^_^ hope this turns out well ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back